Penello: Microsoft “crunching” but Xbox One SDK bugs not as “dire or dramatic” as rumoured

Tuesday, 29th October 2013 23:35 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Microsoft’s Albert Penello has spoken out to calm yesterday’s rumours that the Xbox One’s SDK is in a sorry state indeed.

“There is a really bizarre phenomenon going on right now where the frenzy for news, drama, and behind-the-scenes dealings is clouding logic and reason,” Penello said on Reddit.

“There is nothing going on behind the scenes nearly as interesting as everyone would like to believe. We are a month away from launch, and people are working hard to finalize the last of the bugs. There are still a lot things left to be done. We’re crunching and I’m sure Sony’s crunching too.

“I know people are excited. I’m sorry but things are nowhere near as dire or dramatic or exciting as everyone would like to believe. That’s why I’m not commenting on every single random rumor that comes along, because everything I see is so drastically overblown vs. reality.”

The Xbox One launches on November 22.

Thanks, MCV.

1. TrickyAudio

I’d be fucking staggered if neither of them have issues around launch. Xbox One perhaps more so with the stuff they’ve had to remove and alter.

I remember getting my PS2 on christmas morning, plugging it in and it just…. worked. THOSE were the days :)

#1 12 months ago
  2. Hyperx64

Good to hear some rationality between the yells & screams :P

#2 12 months ago
  3. Obernox

Man oh man i the consoles are almost here. The best part of the launch will be the truths we’ll see after all these rumors.

#3 12 months ago
  4. xXNapsterManXx

It doesn’t surprise me if they are having problems and are crunching since they were made to change the way the whole thing works a few months before production, that on top of the normal crunch before a hardware launch it’s understandable they might be battling it.

#4 12 months ago
  5. mal617

Can’t wait till 11/22

#5 12 months ago
  6. gameoholic007

It cracks me up that M$ feels that they must comment on the rumors in the first place. It wouldn’t surprise me though if the X1 was a bit buggy since it did stumble into the market in the first place. But, everyone will find out on day one, won’t they. =)

#6 12 months ago
  7. sebastien rivas

@ 2
    bahhh yes of course, it is only a SDK something that regardless of its inception will be updated overtime. This is just drama…

#7 12 months ago
  8. Antinoitikos

@6 – It’s called responding to the community’s unrealistic, overblown, and image-damaging concerns. If one person were to walk around stating you’re lousy in the sack, you’d ignore it. If 50 continued to make such a statement…you can see how the rumor can tarnish your image even though the statement is untrue.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Francis O

Damage control

#9 12 months ago
  10. The_Red

Oh yeah, classic consoles. They didn’t have to bother with 3 different operating systems, various online / party hubs, digital stores, endless apps and worse of all, firmware updates.

Of course PS2 was still a bit reaching with DVD and media stuff. Now SNES or Genesis, THEY were game consoles: Plug in and play. No loadings, no DVD / discs, no no media. Just games.

#10 12 months ago
  11. mistermogul

@6 – “It cracks me up that M$ feels that they must comment on the rumors in the first place.”

Yeah and I especially like it as their favourite tag line to press is usually “Microsoft does not comment on rumours or speculation”.

Or something along those lines…

#11 12 months ago