Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS bundle confirmed for North America

Tuesday, 29th October 2013 12:46 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is getting a 3DS console bundle in North America, Nintendo has confirmed.

It’s the same golden 3DS XL design that’s coming to Europe and Japan.

Nintendo of America has now confirmed the bundle for North America. It comes with a download code for the game and launches November 22. It’ll come with an RRP of $219.99.

Here’s the original announcement trailer featuring Eiji Aonuma:

1. nintendotim

So…retailers? I need to get a pre-order on this STAT.

::at work; can’t watch video::

#1 9 months ago
  2. blobberdeegoop

Bittersweet. I’m incredibly happy that it is coming to North America, but NOT PLEASED AT ALL that the physical game doesn’t come with it. Stupid digital crap!

#2 9 months ago
  3. TheWulf

Better that way, honestly. Even if your 3DS were destroyed, you’d still be able to get the game back. Whereas if you had a physical cartridge, it’d be gone with the 3DS. I prefer the digital approach, when it’s not handled in a dickish way. And Nintendo seem to slowly be coming around to very Steam ways of thinking, at least on the 3DS.

I think this might be why I’m so pumped for Nintendo, lately. I love the attention they’re giving indies. It’s just not like that on the PS3, 360, or Vita. They’re really giving them the limelight — on the front page, and in the recommendations. It’s pretty rad. I like that.

Anyway, that said? I just wish they’d do cloud handling of savegames, too. 3DS saves are tiny, so it wouldn’t cost them that much in the way of bandwidth.

That’s what I want from them in their next handheld. That way, if someone steals your 3DS, all they get is the 3DS. You can reclaim your games and saves right away. It’s just a better approach than having everything in a physical state — at least in my opinion.

What’s soured people is Sony’s/Microsoft’s approach to this. Which is a damned shame.

Coming from the PC though and seeing how Steam-like the eShop is becoming, I’m actually enjoying this. And really, just the way the eShop handles things and advertises is very Steam. I know where Nintendo were looking when they designed their storefront.

#3 9 months ago
  4. polygem

wulf +1

#4 9 months ago
  5. Cobra951

Include a hardcopy of the game in the box, and I’m there. I don’t want this title as a downloadable.

#5 9 months ago
  6. tcc

I’d much prefer a hard copy of the game as well. But to be honest, I would pay $219.99 for that sweet Zelda 3DS XL alone.

#6 9 months ago