Death and dramatic dialogue fill new Ryse: Son of Rome trailer

Tuesday, 29th October 2013 18:41 GMT By Phil Owen

If you’re coming down on the Xbox One side of the new console war, at least for this month, you’ll be happy to learn that Ryse is filled with cool (to Americans) accents and dramatic dialogue, and also there’s a part where a giant rock lands on some guys. You can see all that in this new trailer.

To my eyes and ears, Ryse looks to be a proud entry in the long tradition of very serious Crytek games.

1. traumadisaster

The primary reason im buying xbox 720p. Then fable will be along at some point.

#1 9 months ago
  2. polygem

it does look great and i really hope it will deliver…but this trailer also reminds me too much of your standard xyz blockbuster movie trailer. this gamesXmovie kinda trend has a bitter aftertaste for me, can’t help it. in the artdesign department this game looks pretty uninspired. it’s a bit weird that it still is the most unique looking next gen launch title. this and knack :)

#2 9 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

@Polygem
    Regretting selling your Xbox One pre-order yet (Have you?), buyers remorse sink in yet?

#3 9 months ago
  4. XanderZane

it keeps looking better and better every time I see it. I wonder if this game will have a patch on day one as well? I hope we see the reviews before the system launches though.

#4 9 months ago
  5. zoopdeloop

Where have i seen this before?
    meh it’s Crytek they only deliver with graphics,nothing else

#5 9 months ago
  6. polygem

@lb: no, still having it :)

…but upgraded my destiny preorder to playstation 4 today…things are taking shape.

#6 9 months ago
  7. fearmonkey

Beautiful game, when I get an Xbone this will be one I have to play.

I am saddened though that it’s pre-order is so low, Vgchartz has it sitting at 82,888 (up to OCt 21st). I hope this game sells a ton as I would like to see it become a franchise that continues on. I love history based games.

#7 9 months ago
  8. TheBlackHole

The game looks amazing, and I’ve been desperate for someone to do ancient Rome justice in a third person game, but I’m a little concerned.

Where’s the gameplay? Is it literally just a hack ‘n’ slash for 8 hours? We’ve seen one campaign snipit, and if it’s so amazing why hide the rest of it? Even the most hidden of games dhow more than we’ve seen of this.

What I would give for Bioware to create an action RPG in this era.

#8 9 months ago
  9. xxJPRACERxx

Ok, we all know CryEngine can render beautiful gfx. I want to see some gameplay!

#9 9 months ago
  10. Hyperx64

Looks bloody great – nothing wrong with a straight up actioner ;)

#10 9 months ago
  11. mal617

looks crazy

#11 9 months ago
  12. Henry

“Posted in: Action, EA, PS4, Xbox One” ?

#12 9 months ago