GTA 5 PS3 premium theme & avatars available now, Xbox 360 wallpaper on sale

Monday, 28th October 2013 14:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Grand Theft Auto 5 developer Rockstar North has released a batch of PS3 avatar images, a premium theme and a new wallpaper on Xbox 360. See them here.

“Mmmmmm…premium theme…”

Over on the Rockstar News Wire, the studio confirmed that the GTA 5 PS3 premium theme will run you $1.99 and features rotating images of 13 cast members.

You can also buy the following PS3 avatar images for $0.49/£0.21/€0.25 each:

Meanwhile, Xbox 360 owners can download a different GTA 5 wallpaper theme featuring the sights of Los Santos. It’s $2.99 and can be seen here.

What do you think?

1. YoungZer0

Slow news day? :P

#1 9 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@2 Not at all :D Judging by the traffic on this one the people really do want themes and such.

#2 9 months ago
  3. YoungZer0

@2: I never understood why people would pay for themes. Most of them are just wallpapers you can easily download on your harddrive via internet explorer. Talk about waste of money.

In case you ever get a slow news day; I discovered this a few weeks back: https://www.musterbrand.com/collections/assassin-s-creed/black-flag-collection

I think it’s a pity that so few game websites talk about it. I remember you guys posted about their first AC Collection back in the day, which resulted in me buying their DNA Coat. Expensive as hell, but the quality is top notch, which is not something I can say about other merch.

#3 9 months ago
  4. Ireland Michael

@3 The 360 premium themes adjust other visual assets in the interface, and the PS3 premium themes are full on animated. I’ve downloaded maybe a dozen themes at most this entire gen, but they have to be of insanely high quality for me to be bothered to. Most aren’t.

#4 9 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

@4: Some of the PS3 themes also have different icons and the few that are animated aren’t worth bothering. Some of the free stuff that you mostly get from a US-PSN Account is better than some of the stuff that costs money.

I’m wondering though, which ones did you buy?

#5 9 months ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@5 I can’t remember entirely which ones were bought and which came with PSN+, but my favourite ones are…

- Sackboy On The Run
    - City
    - Fireflies
    - Motorstorm: Article Edge
    - The Lone Traveller (my all time favourite)

Most of the independent dynamic themes are fairly terrible on the PS3, unfortunately. Garish designs and tacky artwork. Those are some of the best looking ones I found.

#6 9 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

Thanks, I’ll check out some of them, though the german PSN is fairly limited in every possible way. Wouldn’t be surprised to only find half of this stuff.

#7 9 months ago