Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction mode officially revealed, trailer inside

Monday, 28th October 2013 18:43 GMT By Sherif Saed

After rounds of teasing, leaks and slips, Infinity Ward has finally unveiled Extinction mode, a four player survival co-op mode that will be released with Call of Duty: Ghosts next month.

The mode is a survival, wave based defence style that pits four players cooperatively against hordes of aliens. The trailer shows players using different classes to counter the aliens while working their way through the tree to get better equipment.

Players are seen defending a drill that’s drilling into an alien hive carcass, from waves of angry aliens coming their way.
The aliens are shown to have different classes, each with their unique abilities, such as exploding, high-jumping ones.

Are you excited for this?

Call of Duty: Ghosts is out November 5 for PS3, Xbox 350, WiiU and PC. Next-gen copies will launch alongside the consoles.

1. xKing_Slayerx

see battlefield, if you would have just done dino mode instead of stupid single player

#1 10 months ago
  2. Pytox

meh

#2 10 months ago
  3. Sanwiches

meh meh

#3 10 months ago
  4. FuntimeBen

What is today’s date? I just wanted to remember when Call of Duty completely jumped the shark.

If you need me, I’ll be playing Battlefield 4 where at least the action is somewhat grounded in reality.

#4 10 months ago
  5. tenthousandgothsonacid

720p on xbone 1080p on ps4 confirmed

#5 10 months ago
  6. DSB

@4 I think you might want to look up the meaning of the term. Call of Duty jumped the shark four games ago, and then they jumped a killer whale, and then they jumped a spermwhale, and that’s pretty much the hallmark of the series now :P

#6 10 months ago
  7. POOhead

@4 lol bf4 aint any realistic tbh

#7 10 months ago
  8. pcbros

@5 – VGChartz as of Oct 21…

Call of Duty Ghosts pre-orders:
    Playstation 4 – 298,180
    Xbox One – 329,032

Seems like no one cares. Also, I don’t think 720p has been officially confirmed for XB1.

#8 10 months ago
  9. CrazyDave

Umm.. has anyone seen this?

Says both X1/PS4 CoD will be 720p.
    has more info on Sony tho

#9 10 months ago
  10. _LarZen_

I am so ready for this!

#10 10 months ago
  11. Hell-Raiser-85

@9 Its BS

#11 10 months ago
  12. tenthousandgothsonacid

@8 keep dreaming buddy

#12 10 months ago
  13. dontbescaredhomie92

I’m so sick of this resolution war crap, anyone who tries to point it out are speculating on rumours.

Half of the immature fanboys on both sides will no doubt still be playing on CRTs or 1st gen HD sets only capable of 720p regardless and won’t even know the resolutions of their TV’s to begin with, it’s pathetic that this is completely taking priority over the single most important aspect, the game itself.

#13 10 months ago
  14. tezzer1985

@8 really VGChartz who get estimated numbers, not factual or creditable in the slightest

#14 10 months ago
  15. Legendaryboss

What? Not in 1080p? Preorder canceled: Which apparently the neogaf community cares about.

#15 10 months ago
  16. tenthousandgothsonacid

@13 have fun with your Xbox 720

#16 10 months ago
  17. dontbescaredhomie92

@16 I’ll have lots of fun with my exclusives (If you want to play this game).
    Have fun being an immature corporation’s whore.

#17 10 months ago
  18. pcbros

@12 – A link to a thread that reads, “RUMOUR” and populated by fanboys. Great read.

Btw, if resolution is king, PC owns all. So if you want to talk resolution, FPS and overall visuals, I’m sure we have some PC gamers here that will be more than happy to do so. They can probably tell you how exciting it can be to play games at 1080p @ 60fps… that is, if they can remember that far back :P

#18 10 months ago
  19. drewbles82

ok glad i stopped buying COD ages ago, seriously ran out of ideas, they got dogs and now weird alien type things. If i wanted alien crap, id go to halo, the thing that i liked bout COD was going against humans.

#19 10 months ago
  20. pcbros

COD is getting the Joel Schumacher treatment.

#20 10 months ago
  21. Lewis247

I know graphics don’t matter but it’s terrible how weak the visuals are in this game.

#21 10 months ago
  22. BrahManDude

is it me or does COD look cheaply made

#22 10 months ago
  23. Armitage Shanks

looks like fun

#23 10 months ago
  24. fearmonkey

@8 – I agree that most people don’t care, The Xbone does have slightly greater pre-orders, but look at the number that the 360 has…

It is interesting that in every other case though, the PS4 leads over the Xbone in pre-orders. Indicating that most of the COD gamers arent getting an Xbone, and that PS4 owners to be are into many different games. The spread between the Xbox 360 version and the Xbone one version is huge, and the PS3 to PS4 ratio is almost 1 to 1.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Zackslacky

The more kids and fanboy hipsters that jump to ps4 from xbox the better. Means real fans can enjoy the game more.

#25 10 months ago
  26. sebastien rivas

yeah it looks a bit doughty but it looks like fun.

Perhaps player can be aliens in multi-players pvp?

#26 10 months ago
  27. pcbros

@25 – My point was that next-gen CoD players are pretty split down the middle between both consoles.

I don’t see Xbox Live CoD players switching over because of the lower resolution. I think these debates are only important in these types of communities (which happen to be a minority). None of my friends even know or care about the difference between 720p vs 1080p. If the game looks awesome and like fun, they buy it.

Is it nice to have CoD running at 1080p @ 60fps vs 720p @ 60fps? Of course! Is it a deal breaker, hardly.

My prediction is that price will be Sony’s biggest advantage. Microsoft has to show why their system costs $100 more, while Sony can just sit back and hope people don’t care about the extra features Microsoft is offering.

#27 10 months ago
  28. fearmonkey

@28 – I was agreeing with you. All the heavy duty COD players I know don’t really know the difference when it comes to resolution. They rarely play other games though some play Halo and Battlefield,they aren’t techy types and don’t care about looking the best generally. They are more likely to stay with Xbox One when they go to next gen so they can keep their profile and friends lists.

I find it interesting though that Killzone is not too far away from COD:Ghosts on PS4, and battlefield is close to double the pre-order on PS4 over Xbone, The only big shooter with big numbers on Xbone is Ghosts. It does show that COD is big on Xbox.

Only one game has broken the 200,000 + mark on Xbone, and 3 have on the PS4.

#28 10 months ago
  29. drewbles82

With barely any differences other than slightly better graphics, is it really worth buying next gen yet. NOPE.
    I’m gonna give it 2years before I start thinking bout anything. Maybe next E3 we will finally see something that might actually impress people but those games probably won’t be out for a while.
    I bought the 360 day one, i bought Perfect Dark zero and didnt get another for almost a year. Saints row and Dead rising.
    I never buy day one anymore, usually have so many bugs, problems to begin with. I’ve still yet to get Skyrim, Borderlands 2 so im gonna be busy for a while.

#29 10 months ago
  30. aussigamer

at least its not zombies

#30 10 months ago
  31. CrazyDave

@11, that video is old. This video is new:

#31 10 months ago
  32. CrazyDave

@12, here’s the link of the latest pre-orders with more people pre-ordering Cod for X1:

#32 10 months ago
  33. Nekrage

THIS ENTIRE MODE HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Go check out Soldier Front 2, a f2p shooter…its a pos tbh, but this exact mode has already been done, pretty much EXACTLY the same as what COD Ghosts is planning.

#33 10 months ago