DriveClub and PS4 Share feature shown off with three very short gameplay videos

Sunday, 27th October 2013 23:12 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Using the PlayStation 4′s Share feature you’ll be able to quickly and easily post gameplay footage to social media – as Sony has done here, showing off three short gameplay snippets from Evolution’s delayed racer DriveClub.

In the three Facebook posts below, you’ll see gameplay captured and shared directly from a PS4.

The Norway Impact scene is a race on a 7,703′ mountain; Scotland Racing gives a glimpse at AI opponents; and India Stampede shows off Bandipur, a tropical dry forest region in India.

In notes accompanying the videos, Evolution Studios said maany features are yet to beimplemented or finalised – so expect the game to look even better when it finally releases.

“The sun, the clouds and the ambient lighting inside the car will all look better soon, because we’re about to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics. When we do, we will share a full race with you. You won’t have to wait much longer,” the developer said.

“The AI and the audio are still being improved too, because we care about even the smallest details. You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we’ll keep showing you more of during development.

“We’re about to start improving the reflections in the mirrors too – so this video doesn’t represent the final game.”

The PlayStation 4 launches in November. DriveClub is coming in early 2014, having missed the console’s launch.

Thanks, Pytox.

1. rd01011

O.O ohhh……….GIME!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Pytox

want to see more of that india track :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. fearmonkey

the game looks better in this tiny vids than I have seen previously

#3 1 year ago
  4. DrDamn

Extra cars help. Really liking the aggression of the AI.

#4 1 year ago
  5. pcbros

Looks better, but my bigger gripe with these types of racing games are the controls.

A bit off topic but since I’m watching the World Series, whats with MLB the Show for PS4? That’s my favorite baseball game but I’m surprised nothing has been shown or talked about.

Gran Turismo, Uncharted, inFamous and MLB the Show are my main reasons to own a Sony console. So far we only have inFamous incomming.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Kuwabara

shadows in the interior need fixing, not smooth.

#6 1 year ago
  7. KAP

That looks incredible. Wasn’t on my radar but now…

#7 1 year ago
  8. DrDamn

What don’t you like about the controls?

From the first vid notes:-
    “The sun, the clouds and the ambient lighting inside the car will all look better soon, because we’re about to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics. When we do, we will share a full race with you. You won’t have to wait much longer”

So should be improved when they release the next vid.

#8 1 year ago
  9. pcbros

@8 – When I played it at E3, it was too arcade style. Not sure if they have changed it to a more simulation style gameplay since then but I haven’t read anything.

#9 1 year ago
  10. DrDamn

Ok fair enough. I know it’s being refined all the time, I think this originally comes from the FB page. It’s from the last week …

“Lots of people say that that the handling is closer to PGR than GT or Forza, because it strikes a balance between the age old “arcade” and “simulation” archetypes, even though it’s actually much deeper than that. The handling team refined the model again just this week – and will continue to do so up to release – so hopefully you’ll give it a second go and get a better feel for it.”

It’s not meant to be sim, but trying to hit the balance between arcade and sim (PGR, Forza Horizons).

#10 1 year ago
  11. TrickyAudio

A PGR style game would still be brilliant. I think theres a market for quality ‘fun’ racers like PGR was, and leave the super sleek looking sim stuff to GT and Forza…

#11 1 year ago
  12. pcbros

If it ends up playing like PGR, then I have no problem with that. It’s been a long time since E3, so I can’t remember exactly how to compare the controls but I do recall not digging them at the time.

I honestly left there more impressed with Forza 5 and GT6. But a lot could have changed since then.

#12 1 year ago
  13. DrDamn

Exactly particularly for Playstation. (Xbox has had the PGR series and more recently Forza Horizons). Racers tend to either go sim or very arcade with some sort of twist. There is a gap there needing filling. I can see why fans would have wanted Evolution to do a new Motorstorm, but I can see why this has been done too.

#13 1 year ago