Raindrop is a survival horror FPS with puzzle elements on Kickstarter

Saturday, 26th October 2013 21:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Raindrop is a survival horror FPS with puzzle elements on Kickstarter seeking $144,000 in funding.

With 16 days left on the counter, the Raindrop Studios-developed title has secured $32,816 from 1,228 backers.

The studio describes the title as a “surreal, environment driven, survival game that includes fully explorable levels with intuitive, complex puzzles,” and started life as a Source mod, notes PC Gamer.

Check the game out through the Kickstarter page and have a look at the pitch video below.

If funded, Raindrop will will release in July 2015.

1. sebastien rivas

They did a fantastic job with the environment and atmospheric.

#1 12 months ago
  2. The_Red

This looks sweet as hell but COME ON. How many “first person” “survival” games can we take? It’s like every minute they are literally growing like mushrooms on Kickstarter.

#2 12 months ago
  3. sebastien rivas

If they keep popping up then it probably means at developers level that it can be topped. Although Raindrop did set the bar pretty high in terms of modeling, design and environment alone.

#3 12 months ago
  4. polygem

hmmm…too many guitars for a horror game in that video :)

#4 12 months ago
  5. Max Payne

Actually I have problem with today’s indie horror games and survival games because lot of them don’t have either enemy or there is enemy but you can’t use weapons.

#5 12 months ago
  6. sh4dow

[edit]I guess Firefox just screwed it up… *sigh*[/edit]

Such beautiful images and you can’t even watch it fullscreen? What gives?!

#6 12 months ago
  7. sebastien rivas

@5 <~~~~ lot of them don’t have either enemy or there is enemy but you can’t use weapons.

Yes exactly, that is my assumption that this genre is so new that gamers think there will be killing even if just a bit to survive.
    What this survival gamer genre need a just a bit of excitement or make gamers think in a rush. It is nice looking, it sounds smooth so far but it needs this clever thinking and emotional releases.

I don’t know myself, I never fully played a survival game yet. Although the very first thing I would do is access to fire then make a spear and a bow and arrows. Now why would I make those if I were stuck in the wild….???? I wonder???

#7 12 months ago