Reggie Fils-Aime touring select US cities to play Wii U games with consumers

Friday, 25th October 2013 15:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo of America president and COO Reggie Fils-Aime will be stopping off in select cities in the US to play Wii U games with consumers. A schedule for Fils-Aime’s appearances has not been posted, but you can follow Nintendo of America’s Twitter account and on Facebook to find out where he will be next.

1. monkeygourmet

This seems weirdly desperate lol :)

#1 10 months ago
  2. Bomba Luigi

I would love to play a bit Mario Kart against Reggie ^^

But well, Switzerland is a bit too far away for that.

#2 10 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

@1 I know what you mean…”And I’m proud to announce that the WiiU is available NOW…from the boot of my Renault Megane. Meet you in the car park in 5 minutes!” :D

I jest. Want a WiiU kinda bad right now.

#3 10 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

They may be so desperate they start doing house calls! ;)

Reggie could come round to yours for some tea and cake!

#4 10 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Thats it! :) but joking aside, Mario 3D World looks set to easily kick the shit out of the Xbone & PS4′s launch line up by a country mile.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Bomba Luigi

@4: Maybe he makes a Clown at my Birthday for 20 Bucks? :P

#6 10 months ago
  7. VibraniumSpork

@5 Agreed. Mario 3D looks frickin’ fantastic. Want want want!

#7 10 months ago
  8. SplatteredHouse

Do we have to bring our own Doritos?

#8 10 months ago
  9. pcbros

It’s almost like they are saying, “no one knows about the Wii U, let’s introduce it.”

Poor marketing is to blame for that.

Also, by going for the casual market (Wii) they made one big mistake… casual gamers do not care about graphics and usually do not upgrade their console unless something broke. They are content with the Wii and will not upgrade to a Wii U.

They have some great games out and on the way, but a lot of people are still not buying it. Maybe hitting that $200-$250 price point will help.

But I think they need to drop the casual market or make it a side goal. The name Wii U tied it to the casual market. I say, drop the name and come out with something else in a couple of years. I still think a SNES 2 would be nice :)

#9 10 months ago