Enslaved: Odyssey to the West – Premium Edition out now on Steam

Friday, 25th October 2013 00:12 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West – Premium Edition has unlocked on Steam. It’s the first time the Ninja Theory game has been released on PC. Originally released in 2010 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and disappointingly under-appreciated, Enslaved has recently been given a second chance and is available on the North American PlayStation Store as well.

1. YoungZer0

“disappointingly under-appreciated”

Word. Such a huge shame. Wonder who’s responsible for the port. Any word on that?

#1 1 year ago
  2. spoffle

It’s not a port.

#2 1 year ago
  3. absolutezero

I don’t know who worked on the porting but its a fucking huge d-load. 14GB.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Luciferous

I adore this game so much… Might have to show my support by getting it on PC, maybe if it does well we’ll get the intended continuation of the story?

I need more Trip and Monkey in my life.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

Bad news.

Its a brutally terrible port. The only visual option is Resolution, of which its missing my native. Screen tearing all over the place, theres a really fucking strange loading bug where it will hang for half a second between gameplay and cut-scene where it was almost seam-less before.

The motion blur that helped to hide the lower frame-rate on the consoles now looks hideous with no choice but to deal with it smearing everything.

Its still the game I enjoyed but its also a 14GB minimal effort huge waste of potential. Which is fucking horrible. It deserves so much more than this.

Here have a screen-shot:

#5 1 year ago
  6. SplatteredHouse

This game’s fun, and the idea of smartly priced PC conversions of multiplat titles, is no bad one.

#6 1 year ago
  7. spoffle

Again, it’s not a port.

Also, 14GB isn’t “fucking huge”…

#7 1 year ago
  8. Edo

@absolutezero Thanks for the info.

#8 1 year ago
  9. amneziazz

“It’s the first time the Ninja Theory game has been released on PC.”
    and what about DmC: Devil May Cry?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Gekidami

^
    THE Ninja Theory game” not “A Ninja Theory game”

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

@5: FUCK! Guess they should’ve hired the guys who did the DmC port to do this one. The PC Port was outstandingly well done.

Pity really, I already have the game for PS3 and wanted to re-buy it for PC, just to support these guys.

God that makes me sad. The console version was already poorly optimized and I was hoping they would fix that for the PC Version.

@7: It’s a port and 14 GB is huge.

#11 1 year ago