Xbox One supports up to eight people in Party Chat at launch

Thursday, 24th October 2013 15:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox One, like PlayStation 4, will support up to eight players for Party Chat at launch, in case you were worried it would be different than what Xbox 360 is capable of at present. When asked by Game Informer, a Microsoft representative stated the following: “At launch, up to eight people will be able to join a Party Chat at a time on Xbox One.” Simple as that. Xbox One releases November 22 and PS4 releases November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

1. monkeygourmet

Only 8p?!

Thats not even standard definition Party Chat…!

Xbone is trash!

PS4 supports 1080 people on party chat, PS4 made by people who like to chat, for people who like to chat…

#1 1 year ago
  2. rafterman83

Less than 360 then – remind me why I’m paying £500 (plus games) for something that is less capable. C’mon Microsoft pull your finger out.

#2 1 year ago
  3. monkeygourmet

Q. “remind me why I’m paying £500 (plus games) for something that is less capable.”

A. “Because you fear change. You have become so comfortable with an inanimate object made by a faceless corperation, that you have confused that ‘comfortable’ sensation with the act of forming an actual bond with another human being.

Even when this company does things you know you dislike or would usually oppose, your fear of the unknown and attachment to this device makes you worried about trying something new. Effectivaly, you are in an abusive relationship with a console…”

#3 1 year ago
  4. Eregol

Same amount of people as PS4 party chat then.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Panthro

Tell us; why do you feel you NEED to pay £500 for there console, there are other options you know:

1. Do not buy it
    2. Keep using your current console
    3. Divorce MS and buy another gaming platform

MS are not forcing you to buy an Xbox One.

_____________________________________________

#5 1 year ago
  6. Tecknologee

@1 Yeah right. PS4 and Xbox One both support up to 8 people in a party chat. If you think PS4 supports 1080 people, you’re crazy.

#6 1 year ago
  7. sebastien rivas

MS and sony support 8 players max.

I understand where that comes from but no one obliges you to anything.

You have to understand some players regardless if it is over already or not still hope/want/wish greatness and feel the manufacturer is not delivering.

As for the 8 players in chat room total. I feel it is a bit of a let down, especially for MMORPG in Raid mode and I was hoping for 32 to 64 players in chat room. Yes this is not right when it is just presented that way, I mean you know it is going to be confusing but hey if you make group of 4 or 8 players per chat session and allow the player to be only listening to other chat rooms then it is a +
    On top of it if you allow players to mute other players that in regards are disrupting the band of players then it is again a win.
    Let’s take for example BF4 with 64 players.
    64 divided by 8 = 8, yes I used my calculator, I am not awake yet :)
    8 groups of 8 players in each. 1 leader and 7 sub leaders whether chosen automatically or not. the leader talks to everyone (63 players all combined) and 8 sub leads are allowed 30~40 seconds chat per overall teams per chat on click, meanwhile each group has its own close group chat and can talk to each other…
    I do not know if it exists or not already but can it be done?!?!?!
    Otherwise talk mic stuffs from Sony or MS in MMORPG or FPS are somewhat useless.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Panthro

@6 You mean hes lying?

That means all 1072 of my friends will be left out of my party chats :’(

#8 1 year ago
  9. gameoholic007

Not surprised, all these companies are doing right now is playing the match making game.

#9 1 year ago
  10. dontbescaredhomie92

Why you’d want more than 4 is beyond me, a full party on a hectic BF match is like trying to understand Latin.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Javinator

8 player chat is “News” for PS4.
    8 player is not “News” for Xbox because
    Xbox 360 had it since 2005.

Xbox will pave new roads in online gaming
    with its new “Smart Match”, Cloud Dedicated servers,
    and New improved “Reputation system”.

PS4 might get these features as well… in year 2025.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Javinator

Oh, I forgot to mention Skype is also on Xbox One. ;)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Tecknologee

@11 You’ve said the same post in IGN.

#13 1 year ago
  14. DuckNation

@13 yeah he also said the same thing here <_< http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/23/ps4-party-voice-chat-will-support-up-to-eight-users/

#14 1 year ago
  15. Moonwalker1982

I could swear we can hav 8 people in party chat max on 360?

#15 1 year ago
  16. xxJPRACERxx

@2 I’m sure everybody that get a X1 is for the party chat and not the games…

#16 1 year ago
  17. JackTheFaux

@11 You might want to remember that Party Chat was NOT a launch feature for Xbox 360. Also, stop sounding like an ass.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Os Money

have you ever been in a party with 8 people…they can quickly go crazy with people talking over one another…imagine more than that is aweful…though having 12 would be nice for some games…but in it’s current format and way things are done (talking bout 360 here) it would be a mess.

#18 1 year ago
  19. MrWaffles

Who has 7 friends anyway?

Not me, I’ve got two, and they don’t play xbox.

#19 1 year ago