Super Mario 3D World trailer heavy on cat costumes

Wednesday, 23rd October 2013 06:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This new Japanese trailer for Super Mario 3D World shows off the four-player gameplay of the debut Wii U Mario title, showing off each character’s special moves as well as their cat costumes.

Mario’s special ability seems to be his famous bounce attack. Luigi can jump extra high, while Princess Peach can float. Finally, Toad can dash.

As a cat, the characters can perform claw and slide attacks and climb vertical surfaces.

Other transformations include Double Mario, Giant Mario, various boxes, and returning favourites Fire Mario and Tanooki Mario.

There’s also a wide variety of environments on offer, apparently. Anyway, it’s below in both Japanese and English.

Super Mario 3D World arrives in North America on November 22 in Europe on November 29.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. polygem

eat this cod ghosts: catsuits!

#1 11 months ago
  2. Joe Musashi

COD has dogs. SM3DW has cats. PETA must be getting ready for a busy season.

Also.. (00:25)

JM

#2 11 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Nintendo has finally imploded on itself and became a cat meme.

I am not sure what the hell I just watched but it didn’t entice me to get a Wii U. DK Tropical Freeze on the other hand…

#3 11 months ago
  4. Joe Musashi

@3 Nintendo has finally imploded on itself and became a cat meme.

Imagine the Super Mario ’1-up’ sound effect playing. :)

JM

#4 11 months ago
  5. polygem

@2: yes, some great campaigns coming into the mainstream media. always a good thing.

did read an interesting lead article in the german “spiegel” this morning. humans are becoming immune to antibiotics. guess why…
    go peta, tell ‘em :)

#5 11 months ago
  6. mistermogul

I’m 36 and this is probably my most wanted game!

Is that wrong? :)

#6 11 months ago
  7. Nfanboy

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !!!
    Game of the Year material there.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Nfanboy

@6, I’m 36 as well.
    there is nothing wrong with you :)

#8 11 months ago
  9. Stephany Nunneley

Right so English version added because, well, just because. So two identical trailers are in there so, yay.

#9 11 months ago
  10. Doppleganger

Well then I guess Im the only one that feels like people would assume Im a homosexual if I get caught playing a game like this?. Im sorry but they made it to cutesy for my taste.
    Mario died for me since Mario 64.

Im more a Nintendo fan boy but lately they make to many kid childish games. Ill just wait for the next Zelda game and hopefully they make it like Twilight Princess.

#10 11 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@10 Playing Mario makes you gay now? Whut? I don’t even…

#11 11 months ago
  12. Bomba Luigi

Well, then it seems Homosexual People have more fun with Videogames. I should join them.

#12 11 months ago
  13. noamlol2

mario,cod,battlefield, all the same song and dance…

#13 11 months ago
  14. pcbros

Playing Mario makes you gay? lol…

What about playing a game like God of War where you are constantly looking at a half naked male’s rear side? Would that make someone advanced gay?

Mario games = family friendly games ;)

#14 11 months ago