2DS available for under £100 at some UK retailers

Wednesday, 23rd October 2013 08:56 GMT By Dave Owen

One of the chief selling points of Nintendo’s new 2DS is its pocket-friendly price tag, and many retailers in the UK are making it even friendlier by dropping the price down to £99. Sainsbury’s has it in-store for £99.99, while you can get it online at Tesco Direct for £99. Amazon also has it at £99. Argos is currently running a deal whereby you can get a 2DS, LEGO The Lord of the Rings, and Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed for £99. The offer only runs until October 26.

Tempted?

Thanks, MCV.

1. VibraniumSpork

Okay, that’s really weird…was literally just checking these deals out online when I took a break to check VG247. You stalking me Dave? :D

Great price though, and I’m tempted after seeing a couple of friends digging into the new Pokemon. Anyone actually tried the 2DS out though? Thing’s ugly as sin…

#1 11 months ago
  2. noamlol2

they should make prices on the 3DS XL

the 2DS button placement looks horrenedus, still a 2DS is really really cheap if you just want to play pokemon

#2 11 months ago
  3. Dave Owen

I haven’t tried one myself, but I’ve seen reviews that say it’s actually more comfortable to use than a 3DS or XL, though apparently it all feels a little bit cheaper.

#3 11 months ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

Feel like such a nerd for even considering buying one of these to play pokemon.

Just as well I can’t afford one with ps4 coming out.

#4 11 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

@4 Yep, that’s the kicker ain’t it? £100 on a 2DS now (well, £100 + whatever for games) is money taken away from the PS4 fund and Christmas presents for my pesky friends and family. The timing just sucks.

#5 11 months ago
  6. polygem

i checked one out at a shop recently. it´s a solid device. i actually kind of like the design though. to me it looks like a nerdy synthy/ sound effect tool like the korg kaossilator. i totally love stuff like this. has a nice retro appeal. it definitely feels good in the hands. if you don´t bother about the 3d (which imo really does shine in some games though) this is a good deal. it´s not only pokemon. i´d highly recommend picking up at least fire emblem as well. link between worlds also looks rock solid. if you don´t have a mario fatique the mario rpg´s are also great…well there´s tons of stuff really. for that price it´s a no brainer imo. it´s my favourite gaming device atm – by far.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Legendaryboss

You don’t say ;)

#7 11 months ago
  8. mistermogul

This seems like quite a good deal until you compare it to Argos’s Vita bundle (£139 for Vita, 8gb card, Killzone & Virtua Tennis) but then again you can’t play Nintendo games on that!

For a pure tech comparison though the Vita deal seems much better value to me…

#8 11 months ago
  9. MrWaffles

If they release Pokemon X/Y + th2ds for €99 (not £s) then I’ll consider it.

#9 11 months ago