Xbox One measurements released, Kinect cable length confirmed – report

Tuesday, 22nd October 2013 11:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One has been sized up by a ‘verified’ Xbox One developer over on Reddit. Kinect’s girth and cable length have also been noted, which should come useful to those fearing a living room upheaval.

The stats were posted on Reddit by XboxOneDev, who is listed as a verified developer on the console.

They go as follows:

Console (LxWxH):
13.1″ x 10.8″ x 3.1″
33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm

Kinect 2 (LxWxH):
9.8″ x 2.6″ x 2.63″
24.9cm x 6.6cm x 6.7cm
Kinect cable approx. 9.5 feet (2.9m) long

The post adds that the measurements were, “Measured with a tape where the precision is 1/8 so all values are an approximation.”

So it’s definitely bigger than an Xbox 360, but you didn’t need tape to know that.

Xbox One is out November 22 in several territories. In the meantime, Microsoft has denied rumours that Xbox One will run Windows 8 apps.

Via OXM.

1. FabioPal

Actually… it’s smaller than I was expecting.

#1 1 year ago
  2. schnide

Me too.. Fatboy Kinect 2 is a fair old size though, almost as big as the console!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Eregol

To be honest, when I saw it at EGX I thought it was bigger than I expected it to be.
    That’s a nice pic for the headline though, shows that grey air grate on the right hand side of the unit, originally I thought it was just a texture until I saw it in the flesh.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Vryxal

I was already very impressed with what the Xbox One has to offer, but now you’re telling me that it is smaller and more compact?

That’s a heck of a console in my opinion!

#4 1 year ago
  5. stx

And let’s not forget about the bulky PSU – how big is that?

#5 1 year ago
  6. bradk825

@1 That’s what she said.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Citrus raptor

I like that it’s confirmed that the Kinect cable has got length. The title makes it seem like it wasn’t clear if it would have any whatsoever…

#7 1 year ago
  8. MrBambinoDent

mmmm still not paying 500$ for that piece of crap!

#8 1 year ago
  9. fearmonkey

@4 – You from Microsoft?

#9 1 year ago
  10. pcbros

#5 – The PSU can be hidden, it’s measurements don’t mean a lot. On a high-end console like this, I prefer the PSU to be on the outside. Less heat produced inside and more space for other components.

I do like how well they ventilated the case. Seems like they do not want to make the same mistake twice.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Panthro

I’ve been waiting to hear what the length of the kinect cable was…

Naht.

@4 Hahaha wow dude, you made it sound like your writing a cheesey commercial for the X1

#11 1 year ago
  12. MrBambinoDent

@10 seriously, someone likes the huge PSUs MS has been making for this whole generation?? Your words have only one meaning, MS is a failure they can’t make a console in one piece without overheating problems!

#12 1 year ago
  13. gameoholic007

Now, moving on to some real news………

#13 1 year ago