Battlefield 4 has a new single-player story trailer available

Tuesday, 22nd October 2013 15:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4 has a new single-player story trailer available below. There was also one released earlier today which you can view here. BF4 releases October 29 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. It will also be made available on PS4 November 12 in North America and in Europe on November 29.

The Xbox One version will be release in North America on November 19 and in Europe on November 21.

1. powerbuoy

I look forward to the day when an FPS’ SP isn’t a bunch of American patriotic nonsense with “no-one gets left behind”-catchfrases and other bollocks.

How about doing a story more like Apocalypse Now or Platoon? One with actual character development and people you care about.

The closest we have is Spec Ops: The Line I think…

#1 1 year ago
  2. aleschusta

@powebuoy I agree with you. This campaign looks crap. BUT i do like this nonsense when it isn’t made to look real or some sort of simulation, just like Stallone’s or Schwarzenegger’s movies, with badass chracters where everything is just a reason to blow things up, without deeper emotions and bullshit to take time on another cut scene.

#2 1 year ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

Well I thought it looked pretty awesome…

#3 1 year ago
  4. Creepy

A game featuring insubordination, sexism, racism and cruelty to animals? Day one purchase!

#4 1 year ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

@4, yeah that’s pretty much all games… get over yourself people.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Panthro

Story mode looks 5x more interesting and movie like than most military shooters that come out, except spec ops <3

It will get my attention for 8 hours or so as a sort of long movie cinematic experience but I probably wont remember any of it come the next month but still, it does look like DICE have tried.

#6 1 year ago
  7. VibraniumSpork

Reminds me of this.

And this (which is almost like a Team America live action movie).

#7 1 year ago
  8. TheBlackHole

Okay, that looked a SHIT ton better than I expected.

Hype.

#8 1 year ago
  9. G1GAHURTZ

Oh look… EA/DICE made a point of having a guy punch a dog…

Why am I not surprised?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Ali

@9 hhhhhhh … that’s jumped to my mind…

#10 1 year ago
  11. dontbescaredhomie92

Yeah, f**k dogs!

#11 1 year ago
  12. xxJPRACERxx

Frostbite 3 can really produce nice gfx!

#12 1 year ago
  13. Panthro

You don’t find that the slightest bit funny?

They are basically throwing a punch at the competition, which is hilarious in my opinion, especially how they executed it.

And how are IW going to reply? Have a section in the next iteration of cod where the player has to ‘punch the wind’?.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Sanwiches

It looked really nice. There was a bit of patriotic bullshit and it’s to be expected, but it was tolerable. At least it’s not Battle Los Angeles.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Sanwiches

@9 I mean, it doesn’t matter. Who cares?

#15 1 year ago
  16. viralshag

Hype hype.

#16 1 year ago
  17. BrahManDude

LOL they put that dog smackdown on purpose just for COD

#17 1 year ago
  18. DSB

OMG OMG OMG IS THAT MICHAEL KENNETH WILLIAMS?! That is fucking Michael Kenneth Williams.

I may have to buy Battlefield 4 after all…. y da fuk u do dis to me.

But yeah, the dog thing is pretty tasteless. Then again I’ve killed thousands of dogs in other games, so meh.

@15 It’s just typical. DICE has a serious case of little brother syndrome.

#18 1 year ago
  19. monkeygourmet

Do you remember the first ‘video game dog’ that you robbed of life? I think it may be wolfenstein for me…. Hmmm…? There must be an earlier one than that though…

We’ve come along way baby…

#19 1 year ago
  20. YoungZer0

@18: Holy shit, that’s him? I didn’t even notice at all! Never bothered, really. Just checked it out and yes, he even has the scar:

#20 1 year ago
  21. GwynbleiddiuM

@18 DUDE!!! Are you telling me that up until now you didn’t know?! I mean how could you? how dare you?! Omar will know of this!

#21 1 year ago
  22. YoungZer0

@21: Best not miss.

#22 1 year ago
  23. DSB

@19 Yeah I was thinking it had to be Wolfenstein for me too :P

D’awww, look at the little guy go. Those were the days.

“Mein leben!!!”

@20,21 I had no clue, and so my mind is blown right now.

I really had no interest in BF4, but now I’m thinking I have to play it just for the campaign.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Panthro

@24 :O Did she? Good for that bitch.

__________________

I knew it was him from the very first trailer, and was instantly excited… he kicks ass in Boardwalk Empire and will add a lot more to the campaigns playability for me.

I think the first dog I killed was probably in Resident Evil 1 or Silent Hill haha… I’m not as old as you guys I guess ;)

#24 1 year ago
  25. Legendaryboss

Ouch, cold-blooded :)

#25 1 year ago
  26. Panthro

^ You know it. :D

#26 1 year ago
  27. Brenna Hillier

You know when you reply to spammers it just makes you look a bit silly when we inevitably find and squash them?

#27 1 year ago
  28. Panthro

Yep, I don’t mind looking silly.

#28 1 year ago
  29. DSB

@24 He’s one of those guys where I will watch anything he’s in. If you haven’t seen The Wire yet, do it man. Omar is legend. He was also awesome in Community.

That being said, I don’t really know about the campaign. What little dialogue they showed in that trailer was godawful.

I wish game designers would dedicate themselves to making truly bad movies on purpose, instead of trying to make good ones and just failing. Kinda like Machete. It’s so bad, but you know it’s supposed to be, so it’s actually really good.

I mean instead of doing the whole “Oh we’re an emotional squad on an impossible mission, durrrrrrr” schtick, they could do like Navy Seals.

Like have that one Charlie Sheen guy that just completely ruins everything, and could never ever ever pass for a navy seal, and then Michael Biehn who’s trying to keep him from killing everyone, including his own team. I would eat that shit up.

(I really want this for my wall by the by. The 90′s will never die)

#29 1 year ago
  30. fearmonkey

The game looks beautiful, but all I could think while watching it was “I can’t wait to see how Dragon Age looks with the new Frostbyte engine near release”

#30 1 year ago