GTA Online repeat mission payouts reduced by 50%, according to Rockstar

Saturday, 19th October 2013 16:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTA Online has had its repeat mission payouts reduced by 50%, according to Rockstar which admitted the change wasn’t made very clear in the latest patch notes.

According to the developer, the first time a players beats a mission, they will receive the full amount but subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half.

“This is to keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game,” said Rockstar on the support site. “We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we’ve allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout.

“Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we’ve adjusted these payouts to match that case. This also ties in to our ongoing discussion of replay availability for NPC missions, in which we are taking community feedback as well.”

A couple users noted on the forum that the same could be said for repeating races, as players could easily become familiar with the race layouts yet the payout wasn’t reduced on these.

I don’t play it, so I have no idea.

You can look over the post in question through the link, and have a look at the patch notes again while you are it.

1. DSB

“This is to keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game”

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuh.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Panthro

Keeping it balanced? does giving players $500,000 keep it balanced to?

#2 10 months ago
  3. xXNapsterManXx

I’d say its more to keep players dying for money to try and get them to buy the gta$. when the game came out there was the so called ‘bug’ that had you lose 2k per death in jobs personally I think that wasn’t even a bug, honestly how does something like that get past QA.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Ireland Michael

@1 They dropped the death penalty to a flat $500, so no more losing thousands when you die. The significantly reduced loss of money from death more than makes up for the reduced mission payout.

If everyone could get everything in a day, what would be the point of the multiplayer at all? It’s meant to be a progression based system.

It’s extremely easy to make money in the game as it is, especially at higher levels. People were simply abusing the shortest and highest paying missions, leaving tonnes of them barren of players.

#4 10 months ago
  5. GK

they should first fix all bugs,because i am tired to play over and over again the same game.i have 295k,start to play,i reach around 340k,quit(many times saved),later come back and again the same 295k :D

#5 10 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

Compensation for losing money spent/earned: Its more of apology than a factor of balance well its a least how i see it: granted i wasn’t affected by that issue but all the other issues.

Thats a new one by me, do you have that money earned on jobs on hand?

Point: Does the message cannot save to Rockstar servers come up at any point? Also reaching Wave 10 in survival same location post patch i still get $20000, was it more or less before? Is it supposed to be less? Besides loading problems, freezing glitch and stuck in the cloud things are smooth for me.

#6 10 months ago
  7. jaysea

I remember back in the day when Violent Ducts paid out 9K and could be repeated and beat within 30 seconds with no reduction for repeating… Good times haha

#7 10 months ago
  8. GK

6,again,today reach lvl 40,money 340k,now tryed to play and again,i am 38lvl and 291k money and this is like 5th time :D now i get message,but before never.so,they must first to fix all bugs first if they want to control xp and money.its looks stupid how they want to control money and xp,but every time game stuck it does not matter how many times i played missions if i looooooose my progress every time.

#8 10 months ago
  9. fihar

The bigger news here is that Steph doesn’t play GTA 5. What gives?

#9 10 months ago
  10. Gigabomber

“I don’t play it, so I have no idea”

Really need to inject yourself in this article? Clearly too many fucking opinion pieces floating around here.

#10 10 months ago
  11. Ekona

@10 Yeah, heaven forbid a writer should try and inject some personality into one of their pieces. Oh, the ignominy of it!

#11 10 months ago
  12. XDamage

Can anyone play without problems today? I’ve had trouble with the connection to the game service sporadically all day. Just lost all the progress I’ve made since yesterday, even though the game managed to “save” properly earlier in between the connection problems.

Seems others are experiencing the same currently: http://gtaforums.com/topic/632194-saving-failed-unable-to-connect-to-the-rockstar-games-services/

#12 10 months ago
  13. GK

12,i had problems all day.now,i dont play,because for them more important that players dont get money then to fix bugs

#13 10 months ago
  14. Ireland Michael

@10 Please fuck off.

#14 10 months ago
  15. nightlydragon7

How does the repeat penalty benefit anyone? I shouldn’t be penalized trying to make money and rp. I’ve only had one night where armored trucks have spawned and I’ve been playing since release. I can’t do bank heists to make money. Now I can’t do high paying jobs because that would too convenient. So what should a level 55 do to get money so he can upgrade his few cars. I earned my levels and now I get screwed more, what gives? Give me a reason to stay on gta v and not go play payday 2 or heaven forbid black ops 2.

#15 10 months ago
  16. darkshale

@10 This is barely reporting so yeah I would prefer an editorial by someone with experience with the materials. Someone over at 247 plays GTA and probably could have interjected in a relevant manner. I would have liked that.

An example at another site had a person with 4000 hours of Dota2 experience inform the readership of the new patch by using their experience to help inform. A “hey I hear there were a lot of changes to dota2 but I havent played it so I dont know what they mean” would have been kind of pointless.

The first few days every mission was replayable and some were worth way too little or too much money.

There are still unbalanced missions as far as rewards vs effort. To me the biggest offenders are the missions where multiple teams fight for a reward. The reward is way too small for the effort or the fact you have a 50% or 66% chance to get nothing at all. In a race if you come in last you still get a reward.

@ Irland Michael super comment bro way to use your words to get your thoughts out and shared with the public.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Ireland Michael

@16 You’re welcome.

Steph is my friend, Respect is earned, not given. He walked into the thread being an asshole, so he did nothing to deserve any.

#17 10 months ago
  18. Stephany Nunneley

@16 I don’t do editorials so even if I had played it, you would not hear from me on it! ;) However, Pat and Dave have given plenty on the game.

@10 I report the news in as short and concise a manner as possible. We are not “dull” so if we want to add a bit of “flavor” to our posts we are allowed. And FYI I have NOT played the game “yet” due to financial reasons if you really must know. But I DO plan on playing it like I have EVERY OTHER GTA GAME released…. “Clearly too many fucking opinion pieces floating around here.” Go tell that to CNN, BBC, Huffington, Kotaku, Polygon, MSNBC, FOX et al. then get back with me. Thanks.

I’m out. Have a nice weekend all.

#18 10 months ago
  19. Legendaryboss

@Steph
    Well said, have a nice weekend too.

#19 10 months ago
  20. Sanwiches

@nightlydragon7 dude, you’re playing too much GTA5. Go play something else, and come back to this game later when the Heists will be available.

#20 10 months ago
  21. Legendaryboss

But he/she won’t be prepared if he/she doesn’t grind, for new weapons/equipment/gear to unlock via RP for the heist?

Another point: anyone missing weapons after picking them up after survival, then logging out and coming back?

#21 10 months ago
  22. Hcw87

Weapons you pick up but haven’t unlocked by leveling up are meant to disappear upon log-in.

#22 10 months ago
  23. Legendaryboss

^ Great, next time i’ll waste the weapons on gaining bounties before logging out.

#23 10 months ago
  24. GK

new joke came out today in my GTA 5 game.i win the race,but i loose them :D my time was 2:52,another guy 2:54 and in the table write that i am first,but anyways i lose :D bug bug bug :)

#24 10 months ago
  25. nightlydragon7

And now I’m not even getting full pay for missions I’ve never done before… So much for EXPLORING NEW MISSIONS! I am pretty annoyed at this game right now

#25 10 months ago