Sections

Total War: Rome 2 – free Seleucid Empire and Steam Workshop Mod update released

Friday, 18th October 2013 21:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Total War: ROME 2 has been updated with the free Seleucid Empire faction for both single-player and multiplayer. The update includes Patch 5 which delivers further performance and gameplay balancing improvements. Full patch notes are through here. Also featured, is Steam Workshop support and activation of the mod manager in the Total War Launcher, making the sharing and loading of mods rather easy. Hit up the links for more information and to acquire the update, just fire the game up and it will patch automagically.

Latest

10 Comments

  1. traumadisaster

    Was a little surprised today when it started patching, didnt know this was coming. Noticed that spies etc assasination percent dropped by a ton?

    #1 11 months ago
  2. GrimRita

    Yup, excellent patch – I cant even get this turd to run now. Never had a problem before. Great job CA, you really are the masters of being useless. And ‘FREE’ – I bet you £100 that this would have been PAID DLC had they not fucked up release and continue to fuck the game up.

    If you haven’t bought this shit yet, DON’T! It’s a waste of bandwith.

    #2 11 months ago
  3. dmastri

    Game remains shit. Fuck CA.

    #3 11 months ago
  4. Pezhetairos

    @2 http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/74026-Post-launch-support-plans-and-even-more-free-content-for-Total-War-ROME-II!?p=605673#post605673

    “by October, you’ll also be able to add the Seleucid Empire to your playable faction roster for free” from august

    100 bucks plz (the 3 nomadic factions will still be paid dlc but nevertheless…)

    Contrary to what you might think, the forums have kind of calmed down because the patches really did improve the game a lot. There are still some issues present but most fans are optimistic because CA confirmed working on the gameplay issues the community mentioned.

    If you are still angry about the screwed up launch of the game, thats okay, but your hatred for the game or the developers seems obsessive, there is not a single total war or CA related news without a few comments from you bashing the game to death. But as I dont want to insult anyone for his opinion, i’ll make do with saying that CA is obviously doing something to get everything fixed and they still do waaay better than blizzard and the diablo 3 launch IMHO.

    @1 the assasination screen has been updated with more information regarding your chances for killing, wounding or missing the target. if you recruit a new spy with standard skills and try to assassinate someone the game will now show sth like 10% chance to kill, 50% chance to wound and 40% chance to miss, or something like that. its pretty helpful to better know what your chances are.

    #4 11 months ago
  5. DSB

    @4 “There are still some issues present but most fans are optimistic because CA confirmed working on the gameplay issues”

    I am such an asshole :(

    #5 11 months ago
  6. Pezhetairos

    @5 considering that this is a videogame we’re talking about and not a family member or sth like that, the 5 stages of grief are a little extreme, no offense. xD

    Btw one of the reasons i’m optimistic about the game is the workshop finally delivering an increasingly wide range of mods, unit packs and traditional total war-settings for the campaigns

    #6 11 months ago
  7. DSB

    @6 Hence my assuming the asshole label :P

    I think it’s great that you’re optimistic, but then I’m also thinking of all the times where I’ve so badly wanted a game to be good, even though it wasn’t gonna get there. That’s straight Kübler-Ross.

    Krater is probably the worst one for me. Outstanding art, outstanding music, outstanding concept right down to the combat, and the developers were amazing on the forums and regularly changed things based on our feedback, but even at the end of it, it just wasn’t “good”.

    Based on what I’ve played of Rome II, I don’t think they’re gonna end up anywhere near Shogun or Napoleon. Or the original Rome. But that’s just me.

    #7 11 months ago
  8. GrimRita

    @4 – Yes they fucked up launch, I got over it. Then, because CA ARE arseholes, I can;t even launch the game now with patch 5. So I have a £40 product that I can’t play thanks to their stupidity.

    So forgive me, I have EVERY RIGHT to jump up and down because I have wasted money on this product on what they sold us in terms of those bull shot videos and images.

    My gripe is that it happens all too often. Consumers get shafted in the games market and this just adds fuel to the flames and its disgraceful.

    And sure, these patches are needed because they cocked it up, but unfortunately CA are idiots because they KEEP cocking it up, which tells me that they haven’t a clue how to improve this mess some 4 weeks on.

    I have never encountered a game that I can’t launch after a patch when I used to play it fine before(thankfully I don’t play Eve!)

    #8 11 months ago
  9. Pezhetairos

    @8 regarding the games industry, i mostly agree. I think its still a matter of what the publisher orders or other circumstances we as consumers probably dont know about, but the industry really has become more oriented on sth where the ends (money) justify the means. (*waves at BF4s pre-order premium+dlc packages*

    Regarding CA I still respect these people, because some of them have worked on this franchise for nearly a decade and I really think they are passionate about it, although I dont know any of them in person. (Frankly, if I would work for a decade on a franchise and see it grow and evolve, it would be more to me than something which earns me my pay) Also it was pretty obvious that SEGA wanted to push the game out ASAP, which, of course, was an incredibly bad idea.

    In my opinion, the game has improved over the last few patches, especially regarding performance and AI, now I want to see what they’ll do gameplay-wise (luckily the great melee blobs and short battles are already mostly gone but still more work to do)

    Btw I dont know if that is the same error you are having but there are a few people on the forums having an error which keeps them from launching the game, and apparently its being adressed.

    #9 11 months ago
  10. ACTION993

    The Game is completely screwed now. THANKS CA ! I have been play total war since the first game it released and this is the last Game I will buy form them.

    DONT NOT BUY THIS GAME, but if you already have disable all official CA patches and updates.

    The game was running perfect I was modding the game and making some awesome Mods then CA F**Ked it all up. After the last patch, I can’t even start the game.

    DONT BUY THIS GAME, SAVE YOUR MONEY !!!

    #10 10 months ago

Comments are now closed on this article.