Rockstar resume mentions work on “next version of a famous IP”

Friday, 18th October 2013 20:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A senior graphics engineer at Rockstar New England has noted on his resume that he is currently at work on the “next version of a famous IP” now that GTA 5 is out the door. While more than vague, its suggests the “next version” in the Red Dead franchise, or possibly Bully, notes Superannuation, which also kicks aside the hope for Agent as it is not a pre-existing IP. It could also be DLC for GTA 5, but it doesn’t sound like it. Take-Two will host its Q2 FY14 call to investors on October 29 but don’t expect to hear anything about this: chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick is never one to be drawn on what the company is working on next until it’s ready to be announced.

1. Pytox

RDR 2 ? :D

#1 1 year ago
  2. Legendaryboss

My body is ready for more Take Two goodness :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. TruthHurts

Almost certainly Red Dead, but I’d love a new Manhunt.

#3 1 year ago
  4. domnage

Next version could also mean Agent, because obviously they didn’t make it on this gen, so maybe they are doing all over again for the next gen?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Legendaryboss

Maybe considering the old leakages it seemed interesting or it could be like The Last Guardian and you will never see it again, gasp!

#5 1 year ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 I completely forgot about Manhunt. As long as it’s better than the last one, I am game.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Joe Musashi

I’d be down for more Manhunt or Bully.

Manhunt’s atmosphere and sheer sense of peril is unrivalled. I was holding my breath through most of that game.

Bully, I felt there was more mileage in the concept than the game delivered.

JM

#7 1 year ago
  8. Panthro

I hope we get to see Jimmy in college… Finguzz cressed.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Legendaryboss

I haven’t played Manhunt/Bully, but i have heard good things might dip in if a new one is announced.

But i know what i want from Take Two.

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

Manhunt vs. Bully… Now THAT is a crossover…

#10 1 year ago
  11. polygem

manhunt is indeed intense. not my cup of tea but it’s a powerful and interesting game. gameplay mechanics did wear off a bit over time though. bully was fun but i never finished it (or did i only play a demo, was there a demo? i’m sure i played this game a bit…?) not a fan of rockstar games. found rdr ok but not great, just didn’t grab me.

#11 1 year ago
  12. derpachu

RED DEAD. NOT A SEQUAL THOUGH.

#12 1 year ago
  13. undermyrules

My guess: RDR in development for PC, PS4 and xbone

#13 1 year ago
  14. junguler

i want john marston back, he is too good to be left alone

#14 1 year ago
  15. Legendaryboss

Maybe a prequel? Noted this somewhere that it has a lot of potential. I.E what John did in a gang, could be cool.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DSB

I don’t really see anything that makes John Marston memorable beyond being in a pretty good game. The guy was a total stiff. That doesn’t work as well for a 20-30 hour game as it does for a 1.5 hour movie.

If you had to watch Clint Eastwood do nothing but scowl and growl for 30 hours that would get boring too. You need some dynamic to sustain it.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Legendaryboss

@DSB
    Nothing throughout the entire story clicked with you? Sure there were some cliches but he had some character in him more so towards the end.

#17 1 year ago
  18. ChunkyLover112

I was sure rockstar would die after GTA v…. Why would anyone give these people money to make another sad excuse for a game?? They’re not Jews that’s for sure!

#18 1 year ago
  19. stretch215

@18 What? Jews? You are bizarre

#19 1 year ago
  20. Erthazus

John Marston was amazing and memorable character with good story. RDR was also probably the best game that year.

#20 1 year ago
  21. TrickyAudio

Red Dead would be QUALITY.

Reckon its Manhunt, though.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Moonwalker1982

I would LOVE Bully 2.

#22 1 year ago
  23. ManuOtaku

I do really hope is Bully, i did like that game a lot, then Manhunt not just because i like it but just for the sheer amount of improbability, that will be a nice surprise

#23 1 year ago
  24. monkeygourmet

It’s Red Dead Revolution isn’t it?

#24 1 year ago
  25. Phoenixblight

I could go either way with Red Dead or Bully but I would to prefer it to be Bully 2 more. It was such a great game and wasn’t violent as GTA. It was Denis the Menace in a open world environment which I loved.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Digital Bamboo

@15 Yep, Prequel. Marston’s gang days.

Red Dead Rampage

Couldn’t be anything else, really.

#26 1 year ago
  27. DSB

@17 Nah, to me he was a blank slate. The rest of the cast was pretty decent though. I liked that it was classic Rockstar, stealing characters from various movies, and that works great. Same as Vice City.

I kinda wish they’d still do that with GTA. Once they stopped it just got awkward.

#27 1 year ago
  28. junguler

@15 @26, exactly, i would love to see him in his young age, should be really fun, there is too much of his story left untold.

i just hope they don’t do sequal to midnight club or those other silly games, manhunt was cool, never got really into the bully universe tho.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Dragon

Rockstar 2019 game confirmed ;)

Poor Agent though :(

#29 1 year ago
  30. Legendaryboss

@26/28
    Yep, big potential.

Okay.

#30 1 year ago
  31. AmiralPatate

Why not the PC/PS4/XB1 versions of GTA V? Cause that fits the description of a “next version of a famous IP”, right?

#31 1 year ago
  32. mistermogul

@31 – Yeah exactly.

Could also even be GTA 6 for all we know. Not sure why Steph thinks “it suggests the “next version” in the Red Dead franchise, or possibly Bully”

I hope it’s a next gen Red Dead though as that was one of my fav games this gen…

#32 1 year ago
  33. Stephany Nunneley

@32 I didn’t think it suggested them – Super did. I know nothing. Nothing I say!

#33 1 year ago
  34. Krayte

If it isn’t a new Lemmings game R* can go fuck themselves. It’s an absolute gold-mine waiting to be struck, think digital releases, mobile devices and HD upgrades of the classic titles. It would quite literally dominate the mobile market alone nevermind steam/xbl/psn. I’m kinda shocked this hasn’t happened yet, especially considering how well worms has done in recent years and how long it’s been since Lemmings was relevant.

#34 1 year ago
  35. ctankep

Both Houser & Benzies have said in recent interviews that they’d like to get back to “Bully”. That said though I can easily see a “Red Dead” reprisal since it has th’ broadest appeal. They’re great writers an’ I’d like to see Rockstar North do something completely different in tone.

#35 1 year ago
  36. drewbles82

Well as they just sold the biggest selling game of all time, pretty sure a lot of what they will be doing is working on GTA online as they seem to promise this will be updated for years to come.

Not forgetting its Rockstar, they usually do fairly big DLCs, so what could they be doing DLC wise and id be surprised if its not bigger than GTA4s DLC.

Then i can see them doing Bully 2, then Red dead. I give it another 5yrs min before we get excited for GTA6

#36 1 year ago
  37. Lounds

Midnight club 5

#37 1 year ago
  38. Panthro

Would be awesome to see a new Midnight Club, its about time a good street racing game came out.

#38 1 year ago
  39. sb319

@34 I think you’re confused. Sony owns the Lemmings IP.

#39 1 year ago