Grand Theft Auto 5 update 1.04 now live on PS3 and rolling out on Xbox 360

Friday, 18th October 2013 11:51 GMT By Dave Owen

Rockstar has released the 1.04 title update for GTA 5. It aims to fix issues that some have had with purchased vehicles vanishing, as well as paving the way for the GTA$ stimulus package. The 39mb update is live now on PS3, and some Xbox 360 players have had the update appear on Xbox Live.

So, you won’t find $250,000 sitting in your bank just yet. The stimulus package is intended as compensation for GTA Online’s lengthy launch issues. All players who logged-in during October will receive $500,000 in cash, split into two separate payments. The first should shortly this update, with the second coming before the month is out.

Let us know in the comments if you’re having any issues with the new update.

Thanks, OXM.

1. ViperShotll

Do you have to buy the Stimulus Package or is it just an Update? Im on XBOXLIVE?

#1 11 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

You don’t have to buy anything, it is adding support for the money to be payed into your account. Well fixing problems and enabling you to be online to get the money.

This patch is enabling Rockstar to add your stimulus package in your bank account at two points in time: if that makes sense.

#2 11 months ago
  3. ViperShotll

Yeah, Thanks :)

#3 11 months ago
  4. junguler

havn’t played online yet, but it seems the time to get it going, took them so long to fix the game (assuming it fixed)

#4 11 months ago
  5. Panthro

Online has worked flawlessly for me…

I couldn’t get only for the first 3 days and after that everything has been smooth and I’ve pasted enough hours into it.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Johnnymaxx

I didn’t got any problems now, like disconnections I was having for the first week. Also, looks like the missing characters is fixed since I haven’t seen any new complaint about it.

however, it still take me like 10 minutes to login for the first time in the game on my PS3. So I wouldn’t say it is perfect, but it is good enough now.

Yours,

#6 11 months ago
  7. GingrBredMan

I’m still experiencing major freezing problems on PS3. It mostly freezes when I’m attempting to join a job. I like anyone I thought it might be my system, I have a first gen, so I played bf for a couple hours and it didn’t freeze once. It also didn’t freeze during offline play. I hoped this would get fixed in the patch but no luck. Hope it gets fixed soon. PS3 Players wanna fsu 2.

#7 11 months ago