Zelda: Majora’s Mask tease mentioned on Nintendo’s Facebook page

Thursday, 17th October 2013 10:25 GMT By Dave Cook

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask seems to be the one Zelda game that many fans really want to see remade or given a sequel. Nintendo seems to know that all too well, as suggested by this new Facebook tease.

As part of a Facebook Q&A with Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, fans asked him for information regarding the future of Majora’s Mask.

He added in a little taste towards the end of the session that read, “Oh, one more thing. I see many of you have been asking about a remake of Majora’s Mask for Nintendo 3DS. It’s nice to see such a strong response to this title and we haven’t forgotten about Link’s adventures in that world. If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may better understand what I mean by that.”

Not a year goes by that a Majora’s Mask remake is rumoured. Would you like to see it actually happen? Could it happen? Let us know below.

Via IGN.

1. monkeygourmet

I would prefer a remake on Wii U ala Wind Wanker, but i’m guessing this is for 3DS if it actually comes out.

Still, Zelda/10, would definatly bang.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Also, imagine if Zelda was a girl?

Maybe they should take the game in a different direction for once.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Legendaryboss

LOL Wind Wanker :)

#3 1 year ago
  4. DrDamn

I thought Wind Waker was called Wind Walker for ages. Dunno why just always ignored what was written and read it as Walker. :)

If you read wind as “wind the clock up” then @1 sounds like a technique ;)

#4 1 year ago
  5. AmiralPatate

Isn’t Zelda already a girl?

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

:D

#6 1 year ago
  7. hives

Majora’s Mask and Twilight Princess are my 2 fav Zelda games. Maybe because I’m not a huge fan of series and I like them, because they are “darker”? So yeah, MM Wii U remake, please!

#7 1 year ago
  8. Bomba Luigi

ALbW plays on a diffrent Timeline than Majoras Mask, which makes up some interesseting thoughts. Its the young Link who goes to Termina, while he is Missing on the other two Timelines – so no ones there to do the Job. What happend with Termina? Did Skull Kid the same thing on the other Timelins or not?

There should be a Majoras Mask on every Timeline (Well, she could be lost in the Windwaker Timeline, deep Down on the Ocean Floor), so you could make a Sequel with a diffrent story about Majoras Mask.

But thats just me thinking too much. But one Thing is sure: Majoras Mask is in A Link between Worlds, as we could already see: http://www.abload.de/img/chrome2013-10-1410-48gquf2.png

But thats maybe just a Easter Egg, but Eiji talking stuff like that makes me wonder if theres more behind it.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SplatteredHouse

Be cautious about reading too much into that statement, for it could amount to as much as a mural, or reference by a character in the WWHD, to Majora’s Mask. Which would be a fantastic easter egg, but not necessarily lead to the return of Luna incensed.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Bomba Luigi

@9: I know, Its a Fanboy Imaganiation going Wild. In the End I would be Perfect Happy when Nintendo Releases Majoras Mask on WiiU VC.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Blackened Halo

@2…. My god, Zelda is a girl! She is a princess!…. Oh stupid kids these days…

#11 1 year ago
  12. fihar

Same here.
    I quite like the humor of the usual Zelda but both Majora’s Mask and Twilight Princess is on a whole another level.

That being said though, I’d prefer a new Zelda than another rehash, no matter how much I love the original.

#12 1 year ago