Wii Party U trailer boasts more than 80 games

Thursday, 17th October 2013 02:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

If you had any confusion as to what Wii Party U is and how you play with it, this thoroughly narrated trailer will clear up any confusion.

Disappointingly, there’s no sign of the crocodiles seen in the last trailer. Wii Party U launches on October 25. Not so astonishingly, it is a Wii U exclusive.

Thanks, AllGamesBeta.

1. Dragon

The Wii ____series (sports, fit etc.) were probably the biggest system sellers Ninty has produced ever. Too bad their “next-gen” sequels wont even nearly have that much cache and sales.

#1 9 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

It’s impossible to have fun with this game if it sells badly.

The amount of fun you have with a video game is in direct correlation to the number of copies it sells.

#2 9 months ago
  3. dreamcastnews

I’m getting this, me and my other half played quite a bit of the original and Mario Party series, although the CPU opponents cheat at any opportunity, Bastards.

#3 9 months ago
  4. The_Red

@2 How about not having fun with ugly looking and poorly working mini-game collections?

I agree that talk of sales is pointless but Wii Sports was really one of the reasons that made me hate Wii. Even the freaking Rabbids mini-games were more fun than that. The sad part is that people bought Wiis for that (IMO) crappy game and not for Mario Galaxy or Zelda TP.

#4 9 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Your personal game choice; the fun someone has with a title and sales are 3 completly different things! :)

These type of games tend to come into their own with 2-4 people playing them. It’s not going to set the world on fire, but it’s going to be a fun couch multiplayer option. Something that is severly missing these days.

Yeah, it’s sad (some)people over looked Mario / Zelda but thats kind of my point. Don’t worry about sales, enjoy the games you like to play.

Sales only matter if it’s your only choice of console and they stop producing titles for it because of shitty sales. If you feel you get your monies worth out of a machine, thats all that matters. Unless you have shares in the company or something. But who here does?

#5 9 months ago
  6. dreamcastnews

I personally loved Mario Galaxy, and I loved Wii Sports, in fact, I played Wii Sports until I was pro on the events. As an introduction to what concept the Wii came up with there was no better title.

My family and I used to play it every Christmas day as well until around 2009.

#6 9 months ago
  7. AmiralPatate

“Wii Party U trailer boasts more than 80 games”

That’s more games than there is on Wii U. Zing!

#7 9 months ago
  8. dreamcastnews

Pow! Right in the kisser.

#8 9 months ago
  9. super3001

it hard to beat fun times of ninty party games. I get this for sure

#9 9 months ago
  10. polygem

i confess. i love pilotwings resort. it´s such a relaxing game. i just wish it would have a freeroam mode and more islands to explore. i hope for something like that in the future. pilotwings ultra: the sky is the limit

#10 9 months ago
  11. The_Red

@monkeygourmet
    There’s not denying that. My fave game from last gen is actually Psychonauts, a game that bombed badly and is somewhat hated for its art style but I love everything about it.

I was just using the comment as an excuse to talk about Wii Sports because that is one of the few games that I believe are truly bad. Definitely agree about the difference between personal choices, fun and sales though. I hate Mario but had fun with Mario Galaxy and admired its excellent design. I like Zelda games and while did find some nice things about TP, didn’t really enjoy it but that’s the thing. I can understand how Zelda TP can appeal to some gamers because it’s a decent game but not Wii Sports. It is pretty much the definition of a bad party game to me.

#11 9 months ago
  12. monkeygourmet

Are you one of those guys that broke their TV by throwing the Wiimote at it when playing Wii Sports?! ;)

Anyway, how can this not be fun?

:D