Watch Dogs delay: Amazon UK contacts customers with alternative bundle deals

Thursday, 17th October 2013 11:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Watch Dogs has been delayed into 2014 and retailer Amazon UK is said to have contacted pre-order customers to offer them alternative PS4 bundles. Some of Sony’s console packs were set to be packaged in a branded Watch Dogs box with a copy of the game inside. Check out the alternate titles here.

Over on Reddit, user Shaunyac posted what is claimed to be an email from the UK retailer.

It reads, “We’re contacting you about your pre-order for the Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4).

“As you had opted in to the PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs bundle offer we wanted to let you know that Ubisoft has decided to delay the release of Watch Dogs until Spring 2014. As a result, the PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs bundle is no longer available.

“If you’d like to select an alternative bundle offer, or if you would prefer to revert back to your original PlayStation 4 console pre-order, you can do so by visiting the following page where you can view details of the bundles and make your selection.”

Bundle changes must be submitted by October 23 and are as follows:

• Bundle 1: Killzone Bundle (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4)
  • Bundle 3: Action Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + Battlefield 4 + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4)
  • Bundle 4: Adrenalin Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + Need For Speed: Rivals + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4)
  • Bundle 5: Gamer Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 +PS4 camera)
  • Bundle 6: FIFA Mega Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 + PS4 camera + FIFA 14)
  • I’d like to keep my current pre-order for the Sony PlayStation 4 console only

Bundle 2 is absent, as it was the Watch Dogs deal. Regardless, the new bundles will be delivered at the same time as the Watch Dogs pack.

What do you make of the new bundles? Let us know below.

Via Videogamer.

1. KineticCalvaria

Bundle 2 was the Watch Dogs bundle, hence its absence. Had my email an hour ago, changed it to bundle 1.

#1 10 months ago
  2. weejok

These are just the same bundles that were offered when Watchdogs was still available…hence bundle 2 was Watchdogs :) I upgraded my PS4 order to bundle 5 (Killzone) last week.

#2 10 months ago
  3. KineticCalvaria

Bah I don’t even know if I want KZ any more, so little choice :-(.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Fin

Bundle 5 represent!

£80 more than solus, but with camera (£55), extra controller (£55) and KZ (~£50). Great deal.

#4 10 months ago
  5. AsianGameing

must be reason to delay ,bug fixing?

#5 10 months ago
  6. Phoenixblight

fear of cannibalizing their own sales.

#6 10 months ago
  7. RussellGorall

#6

I totally agree. My guess is they had planned in Spring that it would be pushed until 2014, but they wanted the buzz of a new IP. Rather weird they would even try to have a Holiday release along AC4.

I think the only smart bundle here is just getting the console. Why pay for something you didn’t want to begin with? You can still buy whatever game you want down the road, unless they knocked ten bucks off.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Phoenixblight

I preordered the Watch Dog Bundle because its the only game I wanted to play for next gen until Infamous and other titles release in 2014. But now that this has been pushed, I had put the system up for sell on ebay and so far it is up to 700 and still has a few days to go. So it looks like I will be getting a PS4 without losing any money. I have another Ps4 for pre order that I plan on selling but only after release I suspect I can get more then.

#8 10 months ago