GAME UK: PS4 lock-in tour announced, get the dates in your area here

Thursday, 17th October 2013 10:19 GMT By Dave Cook

PlayStation 4 will be playable at 62 GAME stores across the UK, starting this month. You can try out some of the launch-line up during the lock-in events. Find out when they’re happening in your area here.

In a press release issued by GAME UK, the retailer confirmed that players will be able to go hands-on with FIFA 14, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Knack, Super Mother Load, Pinball Arcade and Contrast.

Attendees must be over 18 and have ID to enter the events.

Here’s the tour schedule:

Will you be going? Let us know below.

1. dsr

Smart choice of games. Some people may think what COD and FIFA are XBox exclusives. Sony needs to prove the public what its not the case.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Legendaryboss

Driveclub missing again? Hmmm? Anyway Lewisham for me.

#2 11 months ago
  3. tenthousandgothsonacid

What happens if they bump into the xbone reps who will also be touring Games. Fight !!!

#3 11 months ago
  4. Fin

I wouldn’t read too much into it – no KZ either.

#4 11 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Killzone isn’t really a title that you can show to all ages…

A racing game like Drive Club is. As are all the other demo games: Knack, FIFA, Octodad etc…

#5 11 months ago
  6. KineticCalvaria

@5, neither are CoD: Ghosts and AC:BF… where are you going with this? It’s an over 18 event, lol.

#6 11 months ago
  7. monkeygourmet

As in; Drive Club could be demo’d but it isn’t. There is talk of it being delayed… Are the two related?

You would never be able to show mature rated games in a public kiosk so their ommision doesn’t mean anything.

#7 11 months ago
  8. KineticCalvaria

@7, yeah but CoD is usually ‘mature’ rated or ’18′ as we like to say over here, so that doesn’t mean anything, they could quite easily show KZ as well, especially due to the fact it’s an 18+ event anyway so it shouldn’t matter.

And yes in all likelihood Driveclub isn’t there because its been delayed, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

#8 11 months ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Sorry, my bad. I thought this was the ‘instore demo booth’ thing. Wrong thread.

In my haste for Sony bashing, I jumped the gun! :) (joke)

#9 11 months ago
  10. KineticCalvaria

@9, you may joke but we all know it’s true :P.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Dave Cook

Just been informed that AC4 and CoD Ghosts are not actually playable during these events. Updated the piece.

#11 11 months ago
  12. KineticCalvaria

@11, well then there really isn’t any point in going now haha.

#12 11 months ago
  13. monkeygourmet

Also, I hope the PS4′s don’t have a RLoD at this event (red line of death).

(desperately stabs pins into his PS4 voodoo doll) ;)

#13 11 months ago
  14. KineticCalvaria

@13, in all honesty the more I hear about the PS4, the more I’m thinking I should cancel my preorder and wait till it’s got some decent games and all the services up and running, it’s looking incredibly rushed :(.

#14 11 months ago
  15. monkeygourmet

Update. There are no games, you can only play the TRex dinosaur demo from the PS1 demo disk.

I get that feeling too. I have a gut feeling the services and OS are rushed too, can’t explain why.

Im still on the fence though, i’ll see whats around at launch, may take the plunge. My GF is def getting an Xbone though, so I may just play on that and wait for Infamous.

Lot’s of good stuff on Wii U coming, so the only real reason for me is because I like getting new tech on launch! :)

#15 11 months ago
  16. AmiralPatate

At least you’d still have the console. You could, like, look at it and shit.

#16 11 months ago
  17. KineticCalvaria

@14, aye Infamous for me is the big one announced so far, but that’s a way off. My main reason for a PS4 is quite simply for the Naughty Dog games, Uncharted 4 is my most anticipated title, but I’m really struggling to get excited at the moment, especially when I’m gonna be left with just KZ:SF on launch. Woop de frickin’ doo!

#17 11 months ago
  18. super3001

ps3.5 is not ready for launch at all.

driveclub watchdog the crew all delayed. ui obviously not ready. I bet kz gets delay too. latest vids show very bad tearing

its disaster just like ps3 launch. poor sony fans you get shit on

#18 11 months ago
  19. AmiralPatate

“latest vids show very bad tearing”

It made you wanna cry?

#19 11 months ago
  20. super3001

dont care about any sony thing it do not interest me but it do shows the things are not ready for launch.

next week ps3.5 delayed so they finds the extra 0.5 to make it a next gen experience lol

#20 11 months ago
  21. Hirmetrium

Honestly, after the shambles of the XB1 lock in (I have no idea whats going on, but my friend at the store says its impossible to sign up and they have been given 0 information) I can’t say I’m impressed or interested.

#21 11 months ago
  22. ps4ever

finally the ps4 is going to be awesome!

#22 11 months ago
  23. super3001

awesome as a rlod light show. what else is it good for with such a bad and small games lineup lol

#23 11 months ago