Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag 100% runs can take up to 80 hours, says Ubisoft

Thursday, 17th October 2013 11:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag lead game designer Jean-Sebastien Decant has suggested that while the core game will take around 20 hours to finish, completing the additional content could see you scouring the sandbox for a further 60 hours. That’s 80 hours people.

In an OPM interview feature, the site stated that Decant said of the game’s play-time, “20 hours to finish the main story, 50 or 60 hours open world stuff.”

On the Black Flag’s scale, he added, “I wouldn’t be able to give you any numbers, but what I can tell you is we have three big cities, compared to the other games, there’s three huge cities and then fifteen unique locations – like continents – throughout the world, and then lots of [islands where] you can find buildings, stuff like that. The size of the map is like fifteen, twenty minutes, if you were just to sail without stopping, so that’s huge.

“We really tried to increase the feeling of adventure. At the same time it has to be easy to use so we added a number of teleports, in fact every [objective] you do becomes a teleport. So as you soon as you win somewhere, you can send people there.”

What do you make of this claim? Let us know below.

Meanwhile, the global current gen release of Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has been brought forward to October 29. Check out the news and Ubisoft’s latest trailer here.

1. Xbone

Sounds good. Tho I never played AC before cause I think its booooring, I might try this one out.

#1 11 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

@1, well I doubt the gameplay has changed enough for it to not be boring any more, so really don’t see the point of you trying it :). If you don’t like the series, then you most likely never will :D.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Mike W

Did you read what you just wrote? How do you know the game is boring if you never played any of them?

#3 11 months ago
  4. Xbone

@3 Ok. I played the first game for 2 hours. But there are so many games its just like I never played them.

#4 11 months ago
  5. FuntimeBen

There were/are no games like AC2. That to me is probably the highlight of this past console generation. It is unfortunate that Ubisoft so quickly followed up the game with seemingly endless additions to the series. It unfortunately watered down most people’s memories of how great that game was.

I skipped AC3 out right after trying to play Revelations and finding all the new character models disturbing. I have AC4 on preorder, but mostly to have something to play on the PS4 other than BF4.

We shall see.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Mr Sparkle

@3 he said “booooooring” like Homer…

#6 11 months ago
  7. thesnowman

Didnt like 1, liked 2 and the two add ons, didnt like 3, so hopefully 4 is better.

#7 11 months ago