Xbox One video shows Machinima app using the console’s Snap feature

Wednesday, 16th October 2013 20:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Machinima will be launching on Xbox One November 22 and the app will make use of the console’s Snap feature, which basically allows one app to run alongside another one at the same time. It also allows it run while watching TV or playing a game. The app will also work with Kinect so you can give it commands instead of using the controller. See it in action below. Via Major Nelson.

1. Silent Killer01

Now the xbox one will have ads in-game.(machinima youtube ads)

#1 10 months ago
  2. Major Mayhem 70

This is pretty slick. Like this feature a lot.

#2 10 months ago
  3. DrDamn

Love the speed of it, wouldn’t see myself snapping anything alongside a game, it just gets in the way and covers part of the game. I’d find snap more useful for 2 apps side by side. They are certainly tapping in nicely to a modern audience with the feature and ease of use though.

#3 10 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

In before…

“lol, next-gen 900p games at 30FPS and blah blah blah, I can already do that with my superior master race PC, at 4K and 240FPS, with holograph 3D and Steam overlay with Shift+Tab” usual shit.

#4 10 months ago
  5. bradk825

@3 me too, but I’ll probably use snap during commercials quite often to frig around on apps until the show is back on. That should keep my attention deficit disorder happy.

#5 10 months ago
  6. tezzer1985

Boring, I’m sorry, but this looks trash, this is not aimed at me, I guess there are people out there that will enjoy it

#6 10 months ago
  7. EdgizAwesome

I can already hear all the 12 year-olds crying tears of joy that they’ll all be able to instantly upload their no-look double fakey 1080 YY no scope footage direct to spamchinima xD.

#7 10 months ago
  8. fearmonkey

Thats the worst I have seen Dead Rising 3 look, it looks like a PC game, noting all that next gen looking in that vid.

#8 10 months ago
  9. Panthro

^ well done…

#9 10 months ago
  10. dontbescaredhomie92

Things like this are exactly the reason why I’m getting the X1 over the PS4.

#10 10 months ago
  11. sebastien rivas

Sounds like Machinima still need work for better integration into games but so far it sounds encouraging and promising.

#11 10 months ago