Xbox One: new video explains why it’s built for the future, watch here

Wednesday, 16th October 2013 09:15 GMT By Dave Cook

Xbox One has received another new video from Microsoft, this time explaining why the console’s use of the cloud, SmartGlass and Kinect mean it’s a machine built for the future. Watch it here.

The clip features Microsoft community rep Graeme Boyd and director of product planning, Albert Penello. They discuss how the cloud will allow Xbox One games to have dedicated servers across the board, the ability to take all of your save states, achievements, purchases and profiles anywhere. Penello said that with that in mind, any Xbox One in the world is technically yours.

It also talks about Skype, snap, DVR recording features and Kinect recognition.

The clip follows two Xbox One videos out of Microsoft. The first looks at the console’s multiplayer enhancements, including the new rep system and two types of achievements. Watch it here.

The second video is essentially a friends list tutorial that shows off the new Xbox One dashboard, and touches on new friends-based features offered by the console. Watch it here.

What do you make of the footage above?

1. FeaturePreacher

It’s a good thing Albert covered his ass when he said Xbone will work without kinect. Otherwise this video would be so funny when they eventually drop it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Tech-N9ne

@1 I just don’t get your point, what you getting at?

Probably the most informative video on XB1 I have seen. 36 more days to go…

#2 1 year ago
  3. FeaturePreacher

The point was it would be funny for Albert to say that kinect makes the system future proof, only to drop it after seeing poor sales.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Zensi

@3 With or without the kinect the system is going to be amazing…… Ive seen so many anti-Microsoft & sony fans talk bad about the xbox one & the kinect and then they go and pre-order the ps4 & camera bundle … Maybe people are jealous…

#4 1 year ago
  5. super3001

ps3.5 + camera can not do what kinect does. ps3.5 will not have dedicated servers free for every dev. ps3.5 os an ui is not in the same class as xone.

it is no substitute for true next gen.

#5 1 year ago
  6. mark_t50

I think this is the first positive thing Microsoft have done in a long time. They seemed to be much more honest about ‘The Cloud’ and the fact that tangible benefits today are basically stuff we already get such as online profiles, saves, market place data and importantly on demand dedicated servers for games. Heck they even admitted that computational offload is for the future.

I’ve thought for a while that slugging it out with the PS4 on the tech inside the box was a battle XboxOne would lose, better to fight using your strengths, which in Microsoft’s case is their online service. Sony still have a lot to prove in this area, I think it’s time they started letting us know what their plans are for PSN and how they intend to compete with MS in the coming gen. when it comes to online services.

As a gamer I’ve had both PS4 and XboxOne pre-ordered since day one, but with XboxOne there has always been this dark cloud hanging over it and many days where I wasn’t sure if I would even bother picking it up come launch day. This Video is the first time I’ve felt positive about getting the XboxOne. Oh, and they should have Albert do more video’s, he seems ok and not like some of the other execs that come across as a bit smarmy.

#6 1 year ago
  7. abdooltk

Dame he tries so hard but nooooh I will not buy it why :first of all I don’t care about this stupid camera and I will not spend 100$ for it
    2-the console not so much power such as Ps4
    3-after I had 5 Xbox360 with red dead light not again maybe after 1 year or price drop
    4-last thing,the cloud Microsoft has cloud technology seem thing with Sony technology
    5-I can’t trust in Microsoft..

#7 1 year ago
  8. Joe Musashi

I wonder when Microsoft will SHOW us all these wondrous benefits of their Cloud instead of pitching its worth to us with vapourous PR buzz-speak. You would have thought they might want to do that at some point.

JM

#8 1 year ago
  9. Hcw87

Pretty big stuff here, good luck trying to downplay the cloud now.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Zackslacky

@4 couldnt agree more with you. Sick of microsoft bashing. Most people that have ps3 or getting 4 have a windows based computer also. Hypocritical much? The kinect makes the ps camera look like what it is…an eye toy.

#10 1 year ago
  11. super3001

titanfall. ai bots running on cloud. tangible benefit.

dedicated servers compute and storage for all for free. tangible benefit.

#11 1 year ago
  12. VibraniumSpork

@10 Most people who have an XBox 360 or will be getting an XB1 will be using Compact Disc, DVD or Blu-Ray technologies that were developed by Sony…oh, and Kinect, which is arguably inspired by Sony’s original Eyetoy.

Your point is…?

#12 1 year ago
  13. Joe Musashi

@9 In your rush to defend a corporation you have overlooked the point being raised.

That’s still not SHOWING. That’s just more PR talking about how things ‘will be better’.

If things are going to be so much better, if this is such a huge differentiator, why have they yet to SHOW it rather than keep banging the PR drum??

And it really SHOWS just how eager certain people are to swallow a company’s PR speak and forego logic/comprehension when I just get a response that is more regurgitated PR speak.

Here’s the thing. THE CLOUD is a myth. It’s a macguffin. It’s benefits are never going to be detailed using real-world metrics. Because if they did people would start to measure it to see how it lives up to those details. And how it compares to the array of similar services.

With every nonsensical, nebulous, evidence-free statement about the benefits of [INSERT PR BUZZWORD HERE] that is given instead of SHOWING the more and more [INSERT PR BUZZWORD HERE]‘s worth is devalued.

At this point, the only thing I am convinced of with Microsoft’s Cloud is that it’s going to be very good at harvesting user metrics to sell onto third parties – whilst charging those users to access it in the first place.

JM

#13 1 year ago
  14. DrDamn

As free as games on PS+.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Joe Musashi

@11 Still not shown. And, in numerous areas, not a differentiator either. Talk is cheap. One-sided comprehension is even cheaper.

Consumers are being SOLD something and the manufacturer is still not SHOWING what their amazing unique unrivalled macguffin can actually do. Just talk about it. Talk talk talk.

But I am not suprised in the slightest to see the PR-repeaters completely avoid the point raised and throw out PR statements by way of response.

Those same people that get all defiant at “theoretical” and “unproven” details of products that compete with their favoured brand. Suddenly, theoretical and unproven is A-OK!

JM

#15 1 year ago
  16. super3001

ai bots in titanfall been SHOWN and the benefits of dedicated servers SHOWN lots of times.

cloud compute is real and benefit if you can see that or not.

so what? sony nothing to do with this sdf man so go patrol sony comments

#16 1 year ago
  17. G1GAHURTZ

Fanboys in disguise…

#17 1 year ago
  18. Joe Musashi

Neither have been SHOWN. No. We have been TOLD. Not shown. And AI Bots and Dedicated Server still aren’t differentiators that are unique to Xbox One.

Impressive. You’ve missed the same point in multiple ways. But, good grief, the willingness to repeat Microsoft’s PR statements and buzzwords at other people is most impressive.

JM

#18 1 year ago
  19. DrDamn

The point is PS+ games aren’t free, you pay a sub for them. Similarly dedicated servers for all devs aren’t free to the end user, you pay a sub for them.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Legendaryboss

Grab popcorn gif.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Keivz

That was a pretty decent video. Unlike most of the folks on these forums, I actually have used and own a kinect and think that the 2.0 version will be a nice bit of tech.

Agreed that most of the talk of the cloud has been PR speak and stuff that is by and large already available. But they kept it simple here, tangible: Dedicated servers for all, intangible: Compute offloading in the future.
    It would be nice if we could see some of that compute offloading now, especially given the mistrust people have of it in general. We’ll just have to wait and see.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Legendaryboss

@JM/DrDamn
    You guys know Super3001 is an Xbox troll right?

#22 1 year ago
  23. super3001

watch titanfall video. SEE ai bots.

play game with p2p then with dedis. SEE difference

open your eyes or get head out of sand

#23 1 year ago
  24. Legendaryboss

Unlike most you have Kinect? Bravo my good my sir speaking without proof.

#24 1 year ago
  25. G1GAHURTZ

@23:

Ignore individuals desperate to write something off based on their own bias.

#25 1 year ago
  26. super3001

dont give a shit about psn or any sony garbage. jm was talking tangible cloud benefits an I listed some. nothing for your sony propaganda here

#26 1 year ago
  27. DrDamn

Oh yeah but there was a point to be made about free-ness. I can see a big benefit for some from what MS have just announced (i.e. cloud stuff is free to devs), but that is paid for somewhere – and that’s what your Live sub is going towards. PS+ sub is helping pay for infrastructure (more like what Live subs covered previous gen) and in addition to that you get the instant game collection across up to 3 platforms. For me I’m happier with the latter – I’ve got all three systems and I’m fine with improved infrastructure and devs/publishers doing the server side stuff on a game by game basis. I can see for a lot of other people the Live approach is more attractive though.

@Article
    Nice video, nice to start seeing more of this info coming through. Of all the MS front men I think Albert is the most personable too.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Joe Musashi

SEE ai? How do I see ai? How do I measure the supposedly cloud-powered better ai. How do I measure the benefit? Oh hang on. That’s a logical approach to something isn’t it? Whoops, I guess I shouldn’t use logic and instead just believe in the PR speak!

And, still, Ai bots and dedicated servers are not unique differentiators that are specific to Microsoft’s box. So the blinkered proof-free insistence is still completely failing to address the point raised. Even more so when referencing a multiplatform game, of all things!

When people try to imply that favouring common sense and logic over hyperbole and pr talk is some sort of unfavourable bias it really makes me smile. A point has been proven, but not the one intended.

@22 Yes. One of the more obvious ones, but certainly not the only one here.

JM

#28 1 year ago
  29. Zackslacky

@12 sony dont own blu ray. Google it they were one of the main backers but not owners in entirety. Also xbox one could have taken inspiration from sonys eyetoy I never said they didnt. My point is the kinect makes the ps eye look like an eyetoy. And sony made such a point of saying their costumers dont need to buy it and now they are making ps4 only buyers upgrade to a pack including it? Sony arent the gods of technology. They went from sharing the market with nintendo from the ps2 days to sharing with microsoft and nintendo now. A good company doesnt lose some of their market to other companies. I own both a ps3 and xbox 360. Just sick of microsoft hate at this stage. This isnt kotaku.

#29 1 year ago
  30. G1GAHURTZ

Common sense tells me that going onto an internet forum to try and force everyone to agree with me that technology that I actually know nothing about is all a big “myth” is bias and fanboyism.

#30 1 year ago
  31. monkeygourmet

I presume all the Sony bots were here to pull Sony up on there bullshots, CELL / Emotion Engine lies, and Bluray guff at the start of last gen?

#31 1 year ago
  32. Hcw87

Joe Musashi. Are you really that dumb? I mean, seriously?

Dedicated servers for ALL GAMES alone is a big fucking deal. Are you telling me i need to show you the benefit of dedicated servers over P2P servers? Were you born yesterday?

And this IS specific to Microsoft’s ”Box”, Sony will NOT have dedicated servers for ALL their games any time soon. Gaikai won’t even be up and running select parts of the US until 2014. They haven’t even announced anything about when it’s coming to Europe, just that they ”don’t know yet”.

Until then, this IS a big deal for Microsoft and Xbox, and only Sony fanboys or completely clueless people will say anything different.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Joe Musashi

Aligning oneself with outspoken platform trolls is rarely a wise strategy when you’re trying to imply someone else has bias or knows nothing. Neither of which are actual counterpoints but just a transparent effort to dismiss a point that has been raised (and who raised it) and hope that nobody will see through you.

Not the first time, I’m sure it won’t be the last. But, as with every time, it’s always very telling.

So, it appears that other from repeating PR speak and or resorting to petulance, nobody is able to address my concerns. There is nothing to SHOW as evidence of these PR claims. What a shame.

It’s also so very telling, that the knee-jerk rebuttals seem to revolve around instances of these (unproven and theoretical) benefits as being a point over one specific product. These people may be fixated on x being better than y, but that’s not the basis of my concerns. It still isn’t actually a valid response to them either. But shows a very limited us vs them mentality at play. “It doesnt need proof, so long as it is something that suggests x is better than y”. Again, very telling and contradictory.

JM

#33 1 year ago
  34. Legendaryboss

Oh boy.

#34 1 year ago
  35. bradk825

I am really going to enjoy the ability to pick up a controller at my friends house and it’s as if I was home. That’s going to be a big one for me.

I am also SO looking forward to never seeing the words “migrating host” again.

#35 1 year ago
  36. Zackslacky

Jerry springer moment. As gamers why do we fight over which console is better. In the next 12 months we will have xbox one, ps4 and steam boxes. I want all of them. They all have unique features which attracts different consumers. The xbox has a fine azure cloud system that can control ai and add processing power and dedicated servers. The ps has a great remote play feature and great free to play games. The steam box has a best of both allowing console gamers to use controllers and keyboards and mouse with remote play and cheap digital content.

No one loses? Im an xbox fanboy through and through have been for 5 years or more. I also need some games that sony make exclusively like uncharted. I think ive become more impartial to consoles as ive gotten older.

I have a dream that some day our children will be able to play games like call of duty cross platform. In a world where ram and cpu and gpu dont mean anything just plain old fun. There are enough wars been fought in real life. Lets band together as gamers and see the positives our opposing consoles have to offer npt negatives? Lets be gamers first and journalists second?

#36 1 year ago
  37. Hcw87

No one console is better than the other, but on topic this IS a big feather in the cap for Microsoft. Even Sony fanboys have to agree, or they’re just ignorant like ”JM” over here.

On the other hand, Sony has PS+ which is great as you get free games. Hopefully it’ll grow into something more like what’s being offered here over time.

#37 1 year ago
  38. G1GAHURTZ

I respect DrDamn.

He obviously likes his Sony stuff, but whenever he makes a point or argues against one, it’s usually well reasoned and with the apparent intention of making logical discussion.

That’s not the case for other individuals around here who use words like ‘myth’ and ‘nonsensical’ to describe something unreleased and which they have no insider knowledge of whatsoever.

So someone like DD, I think deserves to be taken seriously when he makes a comment, even though it might seem like he’s attacking something.

But these ‘let me slag this off some more, even though I know zero about it’ types are clearly motivated by insincerity and an irrational dislike of an inanimate tech product and its features.

To rubbish a product that you are incapable of assessing isn’t common sense at all.

#38 1 year ago
  39. Exsecratus

I wonder when Sony will be as transparent as MS is being now and stop hiding all the consoles details.

#39 1 year ago
  40. DrDamn

We are on the cusp of an avalanche of information from both camps. It’s coming, you can almost hear it rubbling.

@39 :)

#40 1 year ago
  41. Joe Musashi

Features available on other gaming platforms are now a feather in Microsoft’s cap?

Sounds like the sort of thing Don Mattrick used to say.

Also “I know nothing more about a product than the other guy. But I disagree with him. So I need to dismiss whatever he says without giving away the fact that I know no more than him and can’t actually prove that he knows any less than me. So long as I keep up this act and distract from the fact that I’m as unable to answer any of the questions raised I should be able to assert my viewpoint over the other guy”. Or, instead of pretending other guy ‘knows nothing’ they could address the concerns raised. Wouldn’t that be simpler?

Dismissing a point is not the same as addressing it. All the manipulation and play-acting and pretence at knowledge and assertions of ignorance don’t change that. And the more that pantomime act is made in order to distract from the fact a simple question still isn’t being answered, the more transparent that behaviour is. But once they start they have to keep that act going.

Again, the simple application of common sense and logic is all that’s required. Curious how agitated how some people get about that, isn’t it?

JM

#41 1 year ago
  42. Hcw87

Please tell me where i can find information of Dedicated servers being available for all PS4 games.

#42 1 year ago
  43. Zackslacky

Look at the chinese market and what microsoft are doing with set top boxes using cloud? Pretty awesome stuff. Ps are keeping quite on their console details. Ive yet to see a console box nevermind these videos like above? A ps4 unboxing would even be nice. Im excited and im not even getting one ha ha.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Joe Musashi

@43 You really need to read #34. You’re doing it again.

There’s quite a few people here blatently projecting their bias. It’s like an episode of Columbo!

JM

#44 1 year ago
  45. super3001

how do you see ai? look at screen while playing or watching video. some character will be human player some are ai. ai controlled by software running on cloud.

come on guy this isnt that hard to understand even for you

I didnt say this are ‘unique differentiator’. you say no tangible benefit to cloud so I prove conclusive there is.

#45 1 year ago
  46. Hcw87

Yeah, i’m totally biased towards dedicated servers over P2P gaming. You got me there.

You still can’t provide proof that other platforms can provide the same though, so you’re still a little bitch.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Zackslacky

And jm no one likes a know it all;) people who constantly speak in a manner such as you have do so as to assert they are the most intelligent person commenting. Or to confuse the mass amount of people with limited dialect or limited use of the english language in general. I agree with a lot of the points you have made though. These are consoles not yet released. We do not know enough information to say which beats the other outright. Microsoft are just putting all their cards on table after the whole 180 incident. Trying to regain trust.

#47 1 year ago
  48. Lv01

@44 not trying to get involved in this argument per se, im just quite enjoying following it, but i just wanted to say that there have been quite a few ps4 videos showing the console. weve been shown the UI the other week (forgive me, no time to find a link) and playstation access have ‘unboxed’ a ps4 in a few youtube videos… again, no link, but they have their own youtube channel if you would like to have a search.

#48 1 year ago
  49. Hcw87

It’s not about what’s the better console, JM is just outright denying that this is something positive for MS and Xbox owners. Completely ridiculous.

#49 1 year ago
  50. super3001

irrelevant. discussion not about cost and dont give shit about your preference which you say in every post.

the discussion you crashed was about tangible cloud benefits.

#50 1 year ago
  51. Joe Musashi

You don’t “see” AI. You see animations and behaviours triggered based off an algorithim. The argument about improved AI concerns the algorithim.

Logic and common sense dictate that to gauge that this AI is “better” you need to be able to measure it. Against instances of AI that are not, ahem, ‘cloud powered’.

So being “better” because of animations does not work as a reliable metric. Where is the evidence that Microsoft’s premium brand of cloud-powered AI is “better” in a measurable, meaningful way? Because knee-jerk responses and petulant remarks don’t really prove it in my book.

Why aren’t Microsoft doing a simple Pepsi Challenge?* Show us the with and without side by side. Let the consumer SEE the benefit. We have nothing. Just claims and assertions of ‘better’. Better than what? By how much? Under what circumstances?

Now, if you swallow the PR speak without engaging the brain, then I’m sure “better” is good enough for you. But not for everyone. Sometimes people make a big noise about benefits being “theoretical” and “unproven” and, curiously, other times they just decide to believe blindly.

The amount of offence and petulance being returned by someone asking for more than just PR statements is comically alarming.

@47 You’re still missing the point – re-read #34 to see what I mean. The name-calling is really just the cherry on top.

JM

*As I’ve said before, Microsoft will not do this in a meaningful, measurable way (remember: these are the guys that won’t even say how many people subscribe to XBL Gold). They do not want a metric or measurements to be used. They only want to tell you of the “300,000″ this, or the “dedicated” that and let the easily led fill in the gaps and say that this equates to ‘better’.

So far, nothing from Microsoft or it’s aggressive evangelists have offered anything meaningful or measurable.

#51 1 year ago
  52. Zackslacky

Thanks lv1:)

#52 1 year ago
  53. DrDamn

You said “dedicated servers compute and storage for all for free.” – if cost isn’t a valid part of the conversation then why did *you* bring it up?

#53 1 year ago
  54. Hcw87

So by your logic, having dedicated server is not meaningful or measureable.

Because dedicated servers have allways been worse than P2P right? Battlefield 3 servers are worse than the CoD matchmaking.

Right. Keep making sense.

#54 1 year ago
  55. G1GAHURTZ

I have a splendid idea. Being as I’m not an MS engineer (I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark, and assume that no one else in this thread is either…) and I can only go on what MS are claiming, I think I’ll do the logical thing, and try and wait until I have the product in my hands before I decide to spend my time trying to force everyone to agree with my personal assessment of it.

What do MS say?
    That their X1 cloud service offers a significant improvement on what they currently offer for the 360.

Is it an obvious lie? (“myth”)
    No. It’s not impossible for them provide a constantly growing system of dedicated servers (as is their claim) that make the frustrations of P2P gaming (Halo/CoD/Gears/FIFA/etc) a thing of the past, and offer extra features, where gamers would not want to go back to the old system.

Is it just a big hoo haa about something that will end up being exactly the same as what we already have?
    It’s impossible to say without the product being released, and the claims being put to the test.

Is it something that the competition can offer?
    Why not? If someone else can do it, the MS claims don’t suddenly become lies.

This can, surely, be the only response to these questions, of the unbiased mind.

#55 1 year ago
  56. Lv01

@Zackslacky np :)

#56 1 year ago
  57. antraxsuicide

Amen G1GA!

@JM Free dedicated servers are available on other platforms? Please show me that link ;)

#57 1 year ago
  58. super3001

why you do sony propaganda when it was nothing to do with sony? are you sony employ?

free compute/dedis is tangible benefit of ms cloud. nothing to do with sony

#58 1 year ago
  59. Joe Musashi

@55 No, I’ve not said that. Still missing the very simple point. You still need to re-read #34.

Not understanding a simple question because a viewpoint is so drenched in Microsoft’s marketing spiel is not a shortcoming on my part.

Side-point: these wondrous dedicated servers are not free. If the devs aren’t going to be paying for them, who do you think is?

@61 Cute, bluff and aggressive bluster but AI is not animations.

What a player SEES in a game are movements and animations triggered by states defined and executed by AI algorithms. Those are not semantics it’s simply is how it is. I’m not a politician or a lawyer. But, knowing that AI is a pretty cycle-intensive part of runtime processing, I also know that profiling shows the efficiency of the AI algorithms. Microsoft *could* show us this profiling as that would be a useful step into measure the actual AI processing (though, even if they did, I suspect it would be in a very controlled environment). Watching animations is about as accurate a way to measure AI as watching off-screen YouTube footage is of measuring FPS.

What an outstanding bit of PR a few posts above. Not answering the concerns, but side-stepping them to push the ‘benefits’ message over and over. And then claiming lack of bias?

LOL!

Despite all the repeated efforts, dismissals, name-calling and side-stepping and pretence at knowledge and neutrality, nobody has made any effort to address the concern I raised. But the sheer levels of play-acting and obvious agitation that daring to question the Microsoft PR machine has spawned is incredible.

JM

#59 1 year ago
  60. super3001

lol you lost the argument a long time ago now you trying to use semantics. you are politic or lawyer in job?

you see ai in game that is fact. in titanfall npc decision making run on server and result is rendered on client.

dont try to argue you dont understand the subject

#60 1 year ago
  61. TheBlackHole

Thanks fuck. Someone with some sense.

FINALLY.

#61 1 year ago
  62. DrDamn

I used PS+ games as an example as it’s something else related to games where people often incorrectly term the games they get as free. NB: That’s correcting an error people make in Sony’s favour. You don’t seem to have grasped that point. It’s also related to the cost here as PS+ and Live are now becoming more comparable in terms of services and Live is (in my opinion) where the cost for these “free” servers is applied.

#62 1 year ago
  63. Hcw87

If @34 was meant for me i really don’t understand why you’re implying i’m ”aligning myself with the platform trolls”.

All i have done is mention Dedicated servers for all games and it being available on this platform only, and that it’s a pretty big deal. You can’t refute that.

I haven’t mentioned cloud processing a single time under this news post, so again, i can hardly be accused of aligning myself with anyone.

If saying that dedicated servers far outperform P2P matchmaking makes me a fanboy, then i could care less. It’s just a shame i’m getting both consoles on day one then.

#63 1 year ago
  64. bradk825

@45 I hope you are not slamming Columbo! Columbo fucking rocks!

:-)

Anywho, it seems like peaceful conversation won’t be happening on this thread anytime soon. But no matter how much people argue and bitch and complain, Come November I still get to play new games with new features on a new console, so whatever.

#64 1 year ago
  65. super3001

no you just saw an oportunity to say how much you love sony. we get it already

bye now

#65 1 year ago
  66. DrDamn

Oh the irony.

#66 1 year ago
  67. bradk825

Oh, just had a thought. If they release a Columbo game on next-gen, I’ll be getting the “How-the-fuck-did-he-know-that Edition” on Day 1.

#67 1 year ago
  68. Dragon

Btw on azure/ms cloud, are those 300k servers “dedicated” for X1 processing, or was that point also “cloudy”?

#68 1 year ago
  69. super3001

irony sure. doss not change the facts tho.

#69 1 year ago
  70. Gekidami

^ Better GUI? More features? Better online play? Those are a lot of assumptions you’re making. The only facts you actually stated is that the PS4 has more horsepower and is better priced, everything else is guess work and opinion. Taking your pick, as you say, based on that is fuelled more by personal bias than anything else.

#70 1 year ago
  71. bradk825

@73 he said “I personally think” before he said those things, don’t be a tool, he is expressing his own opinion. “More likely” better online play…

Personal bias didn’t form the words “more likely better online play.” Historical evidence did. MS has had better online play for this whole generation of games. Let the guy have his own opinion.

#71 1 year ago
  72. pcbros

I literally have to skip by Joe Minutiae’s comments… it’s like reading a manual specifying everything that goes into making paint dry.

I agree with a lot of these comments. My opinion as well is that the Xbox One has a nicer interface and dedicated servers are an improvement over cheap peer-to-peer connections.

Either way, I’m still sticking to PC gaming. No exclusives worth buying a system for just yet.

#72 1 year ago
  73. Kuwabara

Man this generation keeps getting lazier. Wanting to switch instantly from gaming to tv to internet.. what are cell phones and remotes and pcs not to be valued anymore? Do you guys realize it will take years before any decent cloud service is up, and it won’t be a game changer, microsoft just likes to throw alot of shit.

But seriously gamers, why would you want a xbox one? does kinect really make you that excited? are the games no longer relevant? Do you want to know the future of xboxone, just look at history. Look at the number of games sony keeps pushing, the exclusives on playstation, compared to xbox. look at ps3, its been out one yr less than xbox 360 , and it already has more exclusives, more acclaimed exclusives, and better looking games. And while microsoft is hyping xbox one, it has left xbox 360 for dead! while ps3 on the other hand is still releasing exclusives!!.

Put aside the dreams of a cloud. Come to realize and accept that ps4 is the more powerful console. Psn is now a paid service, so the online infrastructure will be as good as xbox live. Party chat is now on psn, which is practically the only feature backing up xbox. Psn will off ps plus, which xbox can’t offer something close to it, You’ve lost bungie, so halo aint the same anymore, cliffy b aint making no more gears, fables gone to shit, so really you don’t have much going for that system now in terms of great exclusives .

So while you are fooled by this microsoft hype and pr bullshit, and the list of launch games, which are either free to play or timed exclusives, with only 2 being exclusives( forza 5, ryse) going up against 3 stronger ps4 launch titles, just don’t forget the current state of xbox 360. dead and forgotten. Have a think about which system is actually delivering the games, and not just pr talk.

#73 1 year ago
  74. pcbros

@77 – You are begging for people to join the PS4. That says a lot.

Just curious, what are these “3 stronger ps4 launch titles”? Also, the XB1 has Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

“Party chat is now on psn”

Lol…

#74 1 year ago
  75. Kuwabara

@78, Lets see, to make it even and put aside all the ps4 free to play games, kz is as big as forza, dead rising is obviously timed exclusive, knack is made by mark cerny and shadow of colossus team members, i’d put that title above ryse, which started out as a kinect game. Oh a drive club, made by the guys that made motorstorm 1,2,3 , id put that up above ryse or dead rising. So does it make sense now? it’s very hard to get through to you xbox fans.

#75 1 year ago
  76. pcbros

@79 – Where does it say Dead Rising is a timed exclusive? Also, DriveClub seems to be delayed to 2014, so you can scratch that launch title.

So we have Dead Rising, Forza 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse vs Knack and Killzone.

Makes sense now…

#76 1 year ago
  77. Kuwabara

@81 how many games on xbox 360 that were supposedly exclusive ended up on the ps3? dead rising 2 was a success, and being made by capcom , there is no way it is staying on xbox one only. Mass effect was published by microsoft and was supposed to be exclusive only to 360, among other games, that eventually made the jump to ps3.

#77 1 year ago
  78. Hcw87

I’m sorry, but you sound exactly like ps3fanboy would have sounded like if he finished school and managed to type out full sentences with paragraphs.

Basically you’re a Sony fanboy with your own made up facts.

”and the list of launch games, which are either free to play or timed exclusives, with only 2 being exclusives( forza 5, ryse) going up against 3 stronger ps4 launch titles”

I think you got it all mixed up, XB1 has KI/DR3/Ryse and Forza, Sony has Knack and Killzone (i’m not counting indies/F2P games on either console).

So as you can see, you’re wrong on two counts. XB1 does not have only 2 exclusives, and PS4 doesn’t have ”3 stronger PS4 launch titles”. May have been true if Drive Club weren’t delayed though, but alas.

#78 1 year ago
  79. Kuwabara

@82, you must be stupid if you really think dead rising is staying on xbox one forever. Like other games in the past that were published by microsoft and claimed EXCLUSIVE, eventually made it’s way to ps3.

@83, what you afraid of hearing the truth? i’m trying to educate you guys so you will be better off, but xbox fan boys just can’t admit to it.

#79 1 year ago
  80. Hcw87

Forever? No. But by the time it comes to PS4 the hype will have died down substantially. And that is if it comes to your precious console.

Also, you failed to address the launch lineup you stated. I don’t see where you get the number 2 from when it comes to XB1 exclusives at launch. PS4 has 2 with Knack and Killzone (rest is 3rd party, indies and F2P).

Also it’s funny you calling me a fanboy, as i’m planning on buying both consoles on day one, along with 3-4 games for each. Can you say the same? No? You’re a hypocritical fanboy then.

EDIT: Oh yes, Dead Rising 3 is being slammed by PS4 fanboys everywhere btw, so i don’t see why you want this on your system anyway.

#80 1 year ago
  81. Kuwabara

What hype for dead rising? seriously there is hype for that game? i don’t remember anyone eager for that game.

Forza and ryse are the only games that won’t see the day on ps4, well maybe ryse. Dead rising will make it’s way on the ps4, so i can’t see how u would label it as xbone exclusive.

Also i won’t be buying an xbox one, well certainly not at launch anyway, as there is not one exclusive that has been announced, that includes single player and not free to play, that looks something like an AAA game. Sorry but forza 5 doesn’t look that far off from forza4, and i wasn’t a big fan. And i don’t have that much faith in crytek making a proper AAA single player game, especially one that started out as a kinect title. And with bungie out of the picture and cliffy b gone, i wonder what microsoft will invest in, because they need a great new start.

#81 1 year ago
  82. monkeygourmet

You forgot the best reason to get a PS4… Bayonetta 2

#82 1 year ago
  83. monkeygourmet

That was a great video. Nice looks at the UI and some of the features.

Has Sony done a similar demo yet? I hated the PS3 UI and the PS4′s looks greatly improved.

#83 1 year ago
  84. sebastien rivas

I don’t know about you guys but I found this PR the most truthful so far except perhaps for the very end where Graeme had a rictus and stuttered a tad.

Nonetheless thanks Graeme for taking the time and thanks Dave for shading some lights :)

#84 1 year ago