Xbox One video discusses racing peripherals, two models shown

Tuesday, 15th October 2013 21:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Xbox One will support peripherals for racing and today Larry “Major Nelson” Hyrb has released a video showing two: one from Mad Catz and the other from Thrustmaster. Joining him in the video is Microsoft’s director of strategic alliance, Branden Powell, who goes over the tech bits and how the console works with the peripherals. Also of note, a sound bar system will be released this fall with a Forza racing mode, so players will have an “appropriate sound system” to accompany their racing peripherals. Thanks, Polygon.

1. monkeygourmet

Forza footage looks really slick, as did the Madcatz wheel. Very nice.

I really dislike ‘Major Nelson’ though… All the MS execs look like bad guys from Robocop…

#1 10 months ago
  2. Hicham Beta

they realy want you fell how McLaren owners fell :D

#2 10 months ago
  3. Templar_Dante

Lol wow, Monkey. You put to words what I always thought about Larry and the other MS execs. Thankyou. :)

#3 10 months ago
  4. Hyperx64

Hell yes! Great stuff.

@1 Also note the footage we see from Youtube is downscaled to 30fps – will be great when we get to see/play it at 60fps. Smooth as silk ;)

#4 10 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

It does look fantastic! Makes me want a wheel now aswell! :/

#5 10 months ago
  6. Ekona

Being able to swap wheels over for different sizes and styles on the MadCatz wheel is a cracking idea. Now if only they’d announce a price and release date for the bloody thing…

#6 10 months ago
  7. bradk825

I am not hardcore enough. I will be using the controller. Can’t wait for Forza though.

#7 10 months ago
  8. xxJPRACERxx

Mmmm, each time I see some Forza footage I’m not sure I should get it. I have a pre-order of the X1 and Forza 5 but I really think I’ll just cancel it. The handling seems so arcade-like (almost PGR-ish) and the steering animation is so stiff, the driver surely suffer from major arthritis problem.

#8 10 months ago
  9. TheBlackHole

Every time I see ‘Major Nelson’ I want an Xbox One a little bit less.

I really do just hate his arrogant face. Nothing humble about him at all.

#9 10 months ago
  10. fearmonkey

@9 – I disagree, I like Major, he comes across as a decent guy.

I think he was judged harshly for the Xbox One early on, as it was his job to defend it and he came across a bit rude and angry at times, but who could blame him. I don’t envy what he endured during the early days before it became Xbox 180.

Sony HAD Kevin Butler as a character and He was great, Major is the only decent human face to the Xbox they have right now. They don’t have anyone with charisma anymore, they just have suits and execs. They really need to hire a likable personality besides Major.

Say what you will about Sony but Jack Tretton and Shuhei come across as likable. I remember when the PS3 was getting hammered and Tretton looked defensive and stressed, but still came across as a normal guy in other interviews. I think mark Cerny comes across as likable as well.

As far as MS Likeable execs…..ummmmmm..

#10 10 months ago