LEGO Marvel Super Heroes demo out now on PC, Xbox 360, coming to PS3 this week

Tuesday, 15th October 2013 15:58 GMT By Dave Cook

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes developer Traveller’s Tales has published a demo for its massive comic tie-in on PC and Xbox 360, with the PS3 version to follow this week.

You can nab the PC demo over on the official site now and through XBL.

Marvel announced that the PS3 and Xbox 360 demos would release this week at New York Comic-Con over the weekend.

It’s out on 3DS, DS, PC, PS3, Wii U, Vita and Xbox 360 on November 15 in Europe. It’s also a launch title on PS4 and Xbox One.

1. salarta

Also several characters were confirmed on Saturday, including Polaris. :) I’ll be waiting to see how she’s treated before buying the game, and she’d be the only reason I do so.

#1 1 year ago
  2. valdan

Aunt May was the best revealed character. Just kidding, but I have this preordered already. #BlackBolt ftw!

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheWulf

Well, you know I’m looking forward to this. Every once in a while I start to feel weighed down by how many monochrome murder simulators there are, and how people defend those because the characters are obviously goody two-shoes. And I get tired of seeing people hate on things which are genuinely different, alien, and evocative (most recently, Glare, which is just too alien for the average person, since the average person has a familiarity fetish and that’s normative behaviour).

When I get to that point I just feel I need more and more games which don’t fit the monochromatic murder simulator vibe in order to not completely hate this past-time of mine. This is a good start, a game about people who aren’t murderers, a game which is unashamed of its colour and strangeness. Yeah, I’m definitely on board for that.

Sometimes I just feel that large swathes of humanity are so boring — no, so afraid of their own creativity that they exercise hate toward anything different and love only toward the most homogeneous things. It’s something that makes me soulsick and weary, because I’ve never really fit into that giant clique. I’m drawn to novelty as much as most are drawn to the familiar. That’s just my nature.

So I’m glad for games like this. I suppose it says that there are people out there who actually remember how to have fun with creativity — it is a reminder that I need, because it can be hard to remember.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Hcw87

Just because there are violence in games doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them. People are different, thank god.

Putting yourself on a throne looking down on everyone else because of their gaming preference is borderline psychotic if you ask me.

Your GTAIV example for example, Niko being a ”good guy” yet he kills grannies. So you’re saying YOU go around killing grannies, and that somehow makes the game bad? That says more about you as a person.

It’s perfectly fine to play through GTAIV not killing a single pedestrian on purpose. I know i didn’t kill a single grannie on my playthrough, i can’t even remember if there ARE any grannies in the game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheWulf

Played it.

Damn, it’s good. It’s everything I could have hoped for from this, honestly. And every character feels just right. The icing on the cake is how camp it is, which is just the icing on the cake.

Hulk: Hulk think walls bad! They just keep people apart.
    Stark: That’s… very profound of you, Hulk.

The Hulk can pick up just about anything, and smash it too. And, perhaps best of all, it has the donking element that made melee in Champions Online so fun. By which I mean you can pick up a car and then slam it down in front of you, creating lots of LEGO blocks and bits.

I was grinning throughout. Couldn’t help saying tank missile now and then, too, considering Stark has ‘em.

I dunno. It just feels right.

This is perhaps the best LEGO game yet.

#5 1 year ago
  6. fihar

Awwww, MODOK looks adorable in that picture and if there’s any word I’d never associate with MODOK, it’s definitely adorable.

I’d probably be buying this day-1. With FFX/X-2 HD’s release date still up in the air and GT6 not coming until December I’d need something to hold me over other than just Pokemon.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Panthro

is there no steam release for the game?

#7 1 year ago
  8. TheWulf

I hope so, but even if it’s retail I’ll buy it that way.

I had to buy LEGO Pirates via Direct2Drive, and I still don’t regret that decision.

#8 1 year ago