Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag global release brought forward, new trailer inside

Tuesday, 15th October 2013 09:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag was set to launch in the UK, Europe and other territories on November 1. Now, Ubisoft has announced a global October 29 launch in all territories. They’ve also sent us a brand-new trailer that looks at Edward Kenway’s story. Watch it here.

The new October 29 date applies to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. It’ll drop on PC, PS4, Wii U and Xbox One from November 22.

1. nimrod123

unless its got the one month discount that you normally see on PC, after a games been out for a month or so, i don’t see the point of buying it.

if they won’t release on time due to day one piracy reducing sales, i will pirate it, or buy it for a 5′er

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hamster34

Well done you. You do realise pirating is illegal and this is a public domain forum where your connection details are logged?

You probably don’t even know what I’m saying, do you?

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

@1: ” after a games been out for a month or so, i don’t see the point of buying it.”

If you never played it, then I’d say it’s a good reason to buy it.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Mus42

@1 So basically your real opinion is “I don’t see the point of paying for games when I can steal them”?

#4 1 year ago
  5. KaosGoneRogue

Dear Ubisoft
    STOP making more trailers. Look, the game looks good enough but seriously, with so many trailers, it looks like your trying to break a Guinness world record for “Most trailers of video game property before launch”. Do yourselves & gamers alive a favor, cease making trailers, NOW, your just killing it.
    Yours sincerely, A Very Annoyyyed Gamer

#5 1 year ago
  6. Moonwalker1982

It looks like all the AC games, only more casualized and probably even more boring. And some very very stupid NPC A.I. I saw the player dual assassinating and a civilian saw it all…yet 0,0 reaction, lmao.

#6 1 year ago
  7. nimrod123

@4; no, i don’t see the point of rewarding a dev team and publisher for a anti piracy delay, when they will only make the retail version worse

@3 learn to read. due to this “after a games been out for a month or so” being after a coma and followed by one, it should be read as a explanation of the preceding partial sentence from before the first comma.

This means you quote is out of context, what you need to quote is this

“unless its got the one month discount that you normally see on PC, i don’t see the point of buying it.”

the delay deserves a price reduction. they almost certainly can deliver on the 360 release date, but won’t. they will also load it down with DRM and otherwise not improve the game

@2 suggestion of intent isn’t a action. I also don’t live in the US with its fucked up laws so…

#7 1 year ago
  8. RefuseBunny

Another Assassins Creed game to add to the collection.
    I’m going to wait until reviews start coming out because as of yet no footage of current gen has been shown and I’ll be buying on Xbox 360.

#8 1 year ago
  9. SolomanAu

@7 so you are a stupid tosser that needs some sort of stupid reason why you steal games?? don’t try to justify it just admit you are a dirty cunt and the rest of the world will get on with it….wanker!!

#9 1 year ago
  10. Petulant Radish

Those pirates sure do have perfectly white teeth, they must ship dentists off with them on their plundering booty quests.

#10 1 year ago
  11. misterfister

So North America doesn’t get any of the collector’s editions that Europe, the Middle East and Africa get? And on top of this we don’t even get an early release anymore? Damn you Ubisoft!!! NA gets Edward on the crow’s nest not the bow of the Jackdaw, we get no parchment map or any map at all, no lithographs, no canvas prints, and our collector’s box is literally a box when every other edition comes with an awesome chest. With all the complaints Ubi decides to hear the people getting a 3-day later release? Big deal, I would gladly wait an extra week for Black Chest Edition. I am an absolute pirate fanatic, had this not been the case I may not have bought the game due to exclusive content I cannot purchase because of the country I was born in. AFRICA gets the Black Chest. What the hell were these guys thinking?

#11 1 year ago
  12. misterfister

@8 Umm… pretty sure a lot of footage for current-gen has been shown. Ashraf Ismail says the 360 and Xbox One versions are identical. I’d assume the same for PS3 and PS4. Next gen improvements are more water shaders, more various lightning and plants, each raindrop illuminates individually, the fog system is more improved, and there is the expected graphics improvement with next gen. They will be identical, next gen’s full potential isn’t achieved yet.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Hyperx64

@ nimrod123 “the delay deserves a price reduction”

That’s the most absurd phrase I’ve ever heard. Don’t like it, don’t by it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Hyperx64

@nimrod123 “unless its got the one month discount, I don’t see the point of buying it.”

Developers also don’t see the point of giving years of design & R&D away for free.

#14 1 year ago