GTA Online players will have GTA$500,000 deposited in their accounts by Rockstar

Friday, 11th October 2013 13:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTA Online players will soon be handed a special stimulus package, if they play or have played the game during October.

Rockstar said it will be dropping “a cool half a million GTA$” in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players starting as early as next week.

It’s the developer’s way of apologizing and thanking player for being patient while various issues within the game were addressed.

The funds will be deposited two $250,000 increments in order to keep current worldwide in-game economy balanced, and while a specific date hasn’t been announced, gamers should get their fund “as soon as possible.”

“We are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed, with the second installment to happen by the end of the month, said Rockstar.

“For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.”

Below are a few more details on how it will work:

• You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTA 5 title update which is expected sometime next week. Title update 1.04 is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which Rockstar will be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • It will be announced on Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

For those asking about their lost characters or rank, Rockstar said those will not be able to be restored so it “sincerely hopes that the cash stimulus” will help players get back on their feet.

Stuck in GTA 5? Why not check out our GTA 5 guide with mission walkthroughs, gameplay tips and collectible locations?

1. memphis_

well…. luxury apartment, here i come! :P

#1 11 months ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

Not to be a Party Pooper but…anyone else a little underwhelmed by GTA Online?

The bugs/server issues were annoying but I can deal. I just felt let down in that suffered from the same problems I felt stymied RDR; the map’s just a glorified hub for setting up an admittedly wide variety of PvP games. Though quite a few of them are cool, a lot ending up being races and deathmatches, neither of which thrill me when it comes to GTA’s game mechanics.

Also: there’s a lot of assholes online in this, seemingly moreso than in the usual MP suite.

Myself and a few friends are already heavily considering a trade-in. Wasn’t expecting that…

#2 11 months ago
  3. Moonwalker1982

I first thought the same, cause the Job missions kept being held in the same locations, but as you level up you open up really cool missions.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Hcw87

It is a bit of a letdown, especially considering their bold claim of ”500-700” missions which ended up being a mix of deathmatches/races and activities.

The jobs are pretty much the only thing i do online.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Os Money

@2 Same problem with rdr. In that game people would just use lockon and shoot you just to be a dick.

#5 11 months ago
  6. DarkElfa

Assholes in an online game?!

#6 11 months ago
  7. ddtd

The money is nice, but I’d rather get restored to the level I was.

#7 11 months ago
  8. deathm00n

@6 Crazy huh! And there’s kids yelling at their mics when they die too! Who could have guessed this would happen?

#8 11 months ago
  9. naffgeek

I have read a lot of peoples dislike for the online game and I just don’t understand it.

To me (and I am not a big online gamer BF3 and Fifa really) it is an absolute blast but I would say it is better with friends.

When you and a friend sneak up on a bunch of merc guarding a plane, take them down from two sides, nick the plane, fly to another airfield, I then jump out over the airfield which is heavily guarded, land my chute nearby and take out the rest of the mercs while my mate is circling in the Jet waiting to land!!!

Seriously what is not to like…

I am level 22 my mate is 31 it was his mission fyi.

Best game I have ever played and the online side is a bonus I am loving.

sorry for the positivity I hope I don’t get banned from the internet ;)

#9 11 months ago
  10. Legendaryboss

Oooh nice little bonus, more so since i wasn’t affected by issues other people were having.

Does this sound like an asshole post?

#10 11 months ago
  11. stretch215

I am thoroughly enjoying gta online, character loss and all. It is exactly what I was expecting.

#11 11 months ago
  12. RefuseBunny

That’s nice of R* to do this for everyone.
    I tried to play online once but turned it off after waiting 20 minutes to be dropped into the first race.
    Hopefully the issues have passed and I can pop online to see what it’s like.

#12 11 months ago
  13. noamlol2

HOW ABOUT A FUCKING MUTE BUTTON?!

there are all of these kids who scream with their microphones and you can’t fucking mute them

disable voice chat entirely option or mute [player] option
    must be included with the game

you lazy ass pieces of shit R*

#13 11 months ago
  14. joshua nash

@6&@8 yep, sort of reminds me of Halo, with all the snot nosed 13yr olds acting all “badass” when reality they are just annoying though toggling mute solves most of the problem, I try to stay away from online only do it when I get bored of playing with Mike,Frank and Trev

#14 11 months ago
  15. Panthro

you can mute players, I do it all the time..

Press pause
    Go to online
    Player list
    Press the player who you want to mute
    Choose ‘Mute Player’

;)

#15 11 months ago
  16. Legendaryboss

Really? Thanks for that never saw that option. Should really be through the phone.

#16 11 months ago
  17. Panthro

Yeah I know I spent the first day changing sessions every now and again because of annoying kids and people singing to themselves.

You can do everything else in the phone but mute, it might get added but for convenience it should of been there in the first place.

#17 11 months ago
  18. naffgeek

I have my mic on friends and crew, never heard a screaming kid yet

#18 11 months ago
  19. Ireland Michael

The mission variety definitely opens up at higher levels, but until you get to that point it really does feel incredibly monotonous, even if you’re playing with friends.

The world is also noticeably more lifeless than it is in single player, which robs it of some of its charm.

It’s great once you progress and unlock things. Just wish it wasn’t such a slog. But I guess that’s the nature of multiplayer.

#19 11 months ago
  20. Legendaryboss

Great, thanks again.

I have, it gets worse when you kill a group of them and they are screaming on the mic swearing at me. Its something i can now deal with.

#20 11 months ago
  21. xFidelCashflow

You can hold down Select & change mute settings, like mute all, mute all except your friends, mute all except your crew, that kinda stuff. Haven’t been on in a few days so I can’t remember the step by step.

Really helped after I ran over this kid while evading the police. I think he broke the fucking speakers in my tv.

#21 11 months ago
  22. Sanwiches

500k ? Sweet I guess! It’s gonna repay me the money I grinded and lost! lol

Anyway, the higher the level, the better the experience. Once heists are online, the experience will get even better!

#22 11 months ago
  23. CatheyBarrett42

@MikeM Oh man.. im so glad you brought this up..Do you know about this? Bow6com

#23 11 months ago
  24. Djoenz

These 2 kids were on me like a fat kid on cake. So annoying. I blasted them numerous times until I got kicked out of the session. I have been kicked out of the session like 4 times now. Sore losers. Yeah a lot of ppl jealous and swearing non stop. They want war and constantly blowing up my chromed infernus. I could use this money. Already wasted money on 400k apartment and 400k super car and a lot of pimped out cars. same size garagas has same interior houses.

Casinos.
    Burgerjoints.
    Movies needs to be unlocked.
    Heists.
    Shopping mall.
    Pool.
    Bars.
    Clubs.

Btw across te golf club there is actually the playboy mansion and at night its full of life there!

#24 11 months ago
  25. ViperShotll

@24 I think they should open have 2 parts for GTA online a KIDS part and an ADULT part as im pretty sure we would all get on better and yeah that would be awesome,

Casinos (YES)
    Burger Joints (NO)
    Unlock Movies (YES)
    Heists ( We’re getting that already)
    Shopping Mall ( HELL YEAH)
    Pool ( Just go to someones back garden)
    Bars ( YES)