Wii U: Nintendo confirms three new bundles before Christmas

Thursday, 10th October 2013 09:27 GMT By Dave Cook

Nintendo has confirmed three new Wii U bundles for the UK and Europe. They will all launch before Christmas, starting November 8. Get the details here.

UPDATE: Eurogamer reports that the Nintendo store has the Mario & Luigi Premium Pack priced at £250.

ORIGINAL STORY: The news follows confirmation of new Wii U family pack bundles for Japan. Check out what they include and how much they cost here.

Eurogamer reports that the Mario & Luigi Premium Pack will drop November 8 and includes a black 32GB Premium Wii U console, a two-in-one disc of New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U, along with a black Wii U GamePad.

Next, the Wii Party U Basic Pack will drop November 15 and includes a whit 8GB Wii U console, a Wii Remote Plus, plus disc-versions of Nintendo Land and new release Wii Party U.

Finally, the Just Dance 2014 Basic Pack bundle will drop November 22 and includes a white 8GB Wii U console, Wii Remote Plus, as well as Just Dance 2014 and Nintendo Land on disc.

All three packs also include the Wii U GamePad and a sensor bar.

Pricing has not been determined for UK and European retailers, but as always with Nintendo, it’ll most likely be up to the stores to decide. We’ll have more once numbers start appearing.

What would you pay for these?

1. aseddon130

still £100 too much, absolutely shocking!

#1 10 months ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Don’t give me that shit, it was £149 a while back for the basic pack, why didn’t you pick one up then if that was your ‘ideal’ price?

#2 10 months ago
  3. aseddon130

It could still be £100 with a couple of games and it still wouldn’t win me over, nothing about that thing appeals to me.

I personally got tired of Nintendo rehashing all their stuff during the Wii phase, i only bought a Wii for WarioWare and SSX Blur, after that it gathered dust.

Considering you can grab an Xbox 360 and a PS3 for less than the Wii U with most of the games readily available on those platforms it seems a bit pointless, unless you really like Nintendo’s products.

Each to their own i suppose. This time next year they’ll be worth nothing.

#3 10 months ago
  4. monkeygourmet

How edgy…

#4 10 months ago
  5. ps4fanboy

it will cost me more than 400gbp equivalent in my country so NO!

#5 10 months ago
  6. The_Red

I really hope they drop the price more instead of going for these bundles. I want to get a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and hopefully a future Metroid but I also want to buy one of next-gen consoles and that means very little money left for Wii U.

#6 10 months ago
  7. SCAssassin

I really hope they just drop prices on every single console that will exist.

#7 9 months ago