Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag DLC not coming to Wii U

Thursday, 10th October 2013 00:47 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s DLC will not be available on Wii U. Ubisoft didn’t mention the Nintendo platform in its announcement of post-launch content and the season pass, which we didn’t notice, but Polygon did, and got Ubisoft to confirm the omission. No explanation was provided. The DLC for Injustice: Gods Among Us was quite delayed on Wii U, too; interesting, and concerning. Assassin’s Creed 4 hits Wii U (and PS4 and Xbox One) on November 22; it’s also coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 earlier in the month.

1. Luciferous

Oh for fucks sake!

I don’t own a Wii U but this pisses me off for those that do. How can Ubi hope to sell people on buying their games on the Wii U when they keep cutting out stuff like this? Is it something to do with Nintendo’s policies on DLC, are the big N not padding Ubi’s pockets enough?

#1 10 months ago
  2. GuuR

@1 Say what? Thought Wii U owners didn’t care for games such as AC4 and only play Ninty games.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Animeboy413

Who cares about Wii U it’s not even consider Next gen

#3 10 months ago
  4. JustHoldOnIGotThis009

Seems like Vg247 is the only site filled with blind Ninty haters whenever I read these comments.

#4 10 months ago
  5. pcbros

@4 – We call them fanboys… most of them have made it official by cutting their ball sack and mailing it to their favorite company.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Samurai

@3 Wii U came after the Wii, so it is the next generation after the Wii. You don’t not call a child the next generation if he is weaker than his dad.
    If you want to consider “next gen” a computing power thing, than all the new consoles are the “catchup gen” because they are only as powerful as a budget-average gaming PC these days.

#6 10 months ago
  7. mistermogul

@5 – lol!

Anyway this is poor news. I wonder why Ubi want to shoot themselves in the foot with this. They will complain that the Wii U version sells badly yet don’t fully support it.

I will definitely be getting it on PS4 now after vaguely considering getting the Wii U version…

As #1 said, I wonder if the lack of DLC for most 3rd party games is due to some shitty policies Nintendo still have in place but considering they are battling to get 3rd party support I doubt it…?

#7 10 months ago
  8. Bomba Luigi

I wonder why its so difficult to bring DLC to the WiiU. I mean, what exactly is the Reason for so many Devs not bringing DLC to the WiiU? I don’t think they are just lazy or Evil or Nintendo-haters or whatevertheshit,I mean they put all the Work in making a WiiU Port of the Game. So whats the Problem with DLC? eShop?

#8 10 months ago
  9. Joe Musashi

@8 My guess is Nintendo’s approach to e-commerce. Associating sale of digital goods to the box, not to the user.

JM

#9 10 months ago
  10. monkeygourmet

What would make me lol bigtime, is if people hack open the Wii U disc and find this DLC already there, and are just unable to access it…

Stranger things have happened…

#10 10 months ago
  11. Legendaryboss

Thats what i thought, they themselves have preached that so many times and even if they say they were going to buy it they would find a excuse not to.

#11 10 months ago
  12. monkeygourmet

I would hardly ever consider buying multi plats on Wii U. Saying that, I feel exactly the same about PS3 and have zero multi platform titles for that machine either.

1 machine for multi plat & exclusives, other machines for exclusives only. That’s the best combo. Your kind of fucked if you only have 1 machine though.

#12 10 months ago