Amazon UK giving PS4 pre-order customers chance to upgrade their bundle

Thursday, 10th October 2013 08:56 GMT By Dave Cook

PS4 pre-order customers over at Amazon UK are being contacted with the offer of grading-up their order to one of the new UK bundles announced by Sony recently.

We reported here that the UK is getting four PS4 bundles. Check out the contents and pricing of each pack here.

Now, Amazon UK is offering those with existing PS4 pre-orders the chance to upgrade their order to one of Sony’s bundles. It’s important to note that his is entirely optional however, unlike this week’s SimplyGames controversy, which saw the online retailer demand that all PS4 customers pay for a more expensive bundle to secure their order.

Amazon UK has listed its terms and conditions here. All upgraded orders will still be sent to customers on the same day as the original pre-order, and there will be an October 16 deadline for customers to make their decision.

The Amazon bundles are as follows (Note: they all come with Killzone: Shadow Fall – except the Watch Dogs one – as well as one DualShock 4 controller)

• PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) – £389
  • PlayStation 4 and Watch Dogs (PS4) – £389
  • PlayStation 4 Action Pack (PS4) – £429 (Adds Battlefield 4)
  • PlayStation 4 Adrenaline Pack (PS4) – £429 (Adds Need for Speed: Rivals)
  • PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4) – £449 (Adds extra DualShock 4 and PlayStation Camera)
  • PlayStation 4 FIFA Mega Pack (PS4) – £489 (Adds extra DualShock, PlayStation Camera and FIFA 14)

What do you think of the deals above?

PS4 hits the UK on November 29. Who’s getting one at launch?

Via Eurogamer.

1. themadjock

I’m in, but from toysrus as it was £339 for the basic. Camera only is coming from Amazon. I just hope they deliver on launch day

#1 11 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Good times, must feel good to know you have one secured :)

#2 11 months ago
  3. sonny

What about Amazon Germany? I mailed them yesterday and they told me that if I want to upgrade to a bundle I have to place a new preorder (delivery AFTER christmas so that’s not really an option). The only bundle option we got after the PS4 preorder was to add DriveClub for 20 EUR through a voucher :( I’d rather get a BF4 Bundle or the one with 2 Controllers instead because DriveClub will be on PSPlus anyway. Hopefully Amazon Germany will follow the above UK offers…

#3 11 months ago
  4. mistermogul

Not planning on getting mine until next year but I must say I am getting more tempted by the day!

#4 11 months ago
  5. KineticCalvaria

I’ve randomly gone for the Adrenaline pack, even though I was debating between the Action and Gamer pack at first.

But thinking about it, my PC is running BF4 better than I thought (despite the crippling lag and performance issues of the beta) so I’ll keep my PC preorder and just play it on there and I’ve heard so little of the camera that I really don’t see it getting much use. Besides I’ve been playing NFS:MW from PS+ and it’s actually pretty fun so may as well give NFS:R a whirl!

I’d still be tempted to change to the gamer pack if I could swap one of the controllers to a red one, it looks so awesome… :(

#5 11 months ago
  6. tenthousandgothsonacid

I’m happy to add in watchdogs as it’s 50 quid everywhere else and the market will soon be flooded with secondhand copies of Killzone as most people will get it.

#6 11 months ago
  7. karma

Nah. I was in the front lines with xbox 360 and got burned with faulty hardware. Four replacements, two years and an extra £160 before I ended up with a working box. So i’ll give it 6 months to a year to see Sony iron out the kinks. I doubt it can be as bad as the 360′s failure rate though.

Still can’t decide if i wanna go PC only either yet. I could spend the extra £400 on better PC hardware.

#7 11 months ago