Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection dated for PS3 and Xbox 360, contents & pack-shots

Wednesday, 9th October 2013 10:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection brings together both of Mercury Steams games so far and a demo of Lords of Shadow 2, among other things. It’s just been dated by Konami.

The publisher sent us a press release this morning confirming a November 5 release in North America and a November 8 release in Europe both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Inside the box you’ll find a copy of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, a download code for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD and a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Demo.

It also includes the Reverie and Resurrection DLC packs for the first game.

Any takers?

We posted a list of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD Xbox 360 achievements here. Check them out but do be wary of spoilers.

1. YoungZer0

Couldn’t play the first game for more than an hour. So much handholding. The cutscenes are way too long and don’t even hold that much important information. The game just keeps taking away your controls.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 the first hour is slow, but beyond that it gets great. And that ending…crivvens!

#2 11 months ago
  3. absolutezero

Its worth brute forcing the first couple of hours just to get to the good stuff. Everything in the Vampire realm is great as is everything involving Patrick Stewart rolling his eyes and sleep walking through his script.

#3 11 months ago
  4. bitsnark

Gotta say, in terms of packaging, the limited edition steelbook that Zavvi are shilling is pretty sexy.

#4 11 months ago
  5. RefuseBunny

I didn’t have enough cash at the time the first game was released so I think I will see if I have enough spare this time around.

With the original game now being priced at about £10 and this being priced at around £21 is very good value for money seeing as it has some DLC and Mirror of Fate HD included.

@4 That Steelbook edition does look very tempting. I’m a sucker for things like that! :D

#5 11 months ago
  6. Mike W

Did they say for the people that already have the game and all it’s DLC would will be able to download Mirrors of Fate HD separately?

#6 11 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

@2: Does the handholding and interruptions end?

#7 11 months ago
  8. absolutezero

The interruptions continue in that the camera continues to fly outwards and pan around areas just like God of War. The hand-holding drops off almost completely.

#8 11 months ago
  9. SameeR_Fisher

@6: yes, you can buy MoF HD separately from PSN or Xlive, and you will also get a code for LoS.2 demo.

=============================================

Lords of Shadow Saga in general is one of my fav. games EVER, the first one is so amazing on many levels, and LoS.2 is like my dream game coming true, my most anticipated title ever.

I am interested in buying the collection, but to be honest I have this small feeling that Konami is going to do a Saga Collection ((like God of War & Metal Gear Solid)) that contains the whole Lords of Shadow Saga and publish it on Next Gen, so I am thinking I should wait.

#9 11 months ago
  10. YoungZer0

@8: Then I’m out. Because that pissed me off to no end.

The God of War series does this much better, as it usually doesn’t take away your controls, but lets you continue to walk, while the game moves the camera to a cinematic spot.

I think Gabriel talked to Pan before I decided to end it.

#10 11 months ago
  11. SameeR_Fisher

you are missing alot @10

#11 11 months ago
  12. Agt_Pendergast

People telling you to keep playing Lords Of Shadow do not have your best interests in mind.

#12 11 months ago
  13. Templar0929

No, they have his best interests at heart instead.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Templar0929

That doesn’t even happen much asides from a few times in 1-3 levels in each chapter and when it does occur then it happens for 10 seconds at maximum during the slow-pace bits of the game (i.e exploration or puzzles).

It sounds like you just want a game without any story and where it’s all combat. LoS isn’t that, so it’s probably not for you then but if you do bear past the Pan and Agartha part (which are decent gameplay sections but nothing like the later part) you’ll find that all the hand-holding stops and the game expands so much more.

#14 11 months ago
  15. Agt_Pendergast

I was in YoungZer0′s shoes where I got bored of the game, but a friend encouraged me to push on, that it get’s better.

The whip is such an ineffectual weapon it makes using many of the combos pointless, and you don’t really have much variety as far as weapons go. The combat itself is also pretty sluggish. The levels have so much of that mindless platforming that current gen games seem to be in love with that just kills the pacing for me. The titan fights seemed to want to be Shadow off Colossus so hard but seemed to have learned nothing from them.

As for the story, it seemed to have some interesting parts, and the voice acting did alright, but Gabriel has the personality of a brick. I didn’t care about any of the characters and it’s hard for me to care about a story when that’s the case. Patrick Steward does ham it up near the end, so that’s something, I guess. The music seemed kinda unmemorable as well.

The levels have some nice artistic design, and the graphics are pretty. Aside from that, I can’t really say much positive.

#15 11 months ago