Tesco offers special Serial Code Gift with Pokemon X & Y in UK

Monday, 7th October 2013 14:51 GMT By Dave Owen

Pokemon X & Y launch worldwide this week, and Tesco wants UK trainers to buy it from them. In co-operation with Nintendo they’re offering a Serial Code with purchases of promotional copies of either version of the game, which can be redeemed for 12 Quick Balls.

As all good Pokemon trainers know, a Quick Ball gives you a higher chance of a successful capture if it’s used early on in a battle. 12 won’t help you catch ‘em all, but it’s a start!

Pokemon X & Y are released on Nintendo 3DS worldwide on October 12.

Thanks, Nintendo Life.

1. monkeygourmet

Well… I don’t know what a ‘quick ball’ is, but it sounds romantic!

#1 7 months ago
  2. jay8ee

Hmm this probably means there’s built in functionality for micros-transactions. Yay…

#2 7 months ago
  3. Hirmetrium

@2: No, it was detailed end of last week – you have the ability to redeem codes as part of the online features. There’s no micro-transaction ability in-game, just promotional stuff.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Dave Owen

For what it’s worth, I interviewed Junichi Masuda last year and asked what his thoughts on micro-transactions were… he looked at me like I was scum for even suggesting it.

#4 7 months ago
  5. Dave Cook

@4 I’m interviewing him on Wednesday. I’ll know to avoid that topic then :P

#5 7 months ago
  6. silkvg247

I’ll stick with my GAME order, I want me pokeball thing

#6 7 months ago
  7. MrWaffles

@1 I lol’d

for two full seconds.

#7 7 months ago
  8. Volac

The lovely people from ShowVideoGames on twitch are gonna be doing a 720 Hour Pokemon Marathon of X and Y on October 12th – November 12th. You’ll be able to battle them during the marathon if you have the game. There will be a lot of fun during the stream and they want to make a big Pokemon community come check them out.

#8 7 months ago