PS4 UK bundles revealed, four official bundles available at launch

Monday, 7th October 2013 13:10 GMT By Dave Owen

News about PS4 bundles has slowly been leaking out in the run up to launch, and Sony has now confirmed that 5 official bundles will be available in the UK at launch.

So, it all starts with the basic PS4 package, which will set you back £349. You can add either Watch Dogs or Killzone: Shadow Fall Special Edition and pay £399.

£439 will net you the console, Killzone, and Driveclub. Then there’s the bundle which was previously announced, which includes Killzone, an extra DualShock 4 controller, and the PS4 camera for £449. This puts it a little above the price of an Xbox One.

As IGN points out, these prices lend credence to rumours about PS4 game RRPs being somewhere in the £55-60 area, as these bundles include a game for £50. Sony has yet to confirm next-gen game prices.

Some retailers have already begun to contact pre-order customers to give them the option of upgrading their orders to one of these official bundles. This is expected to happen on a first-come-first-serve basis, so keep an eye on your inbox if you haven’t been contacted already.

1. monkeygourmet

I never understood packaging a game if it costs the same as buying the console and the game seperatly?!

Can anyone explain this ‘logic’ too me! I could understand if the console had a Watchdog theme or controller, but don’t really understand what makes this a good deal?

#1 9 months ago
  2. VibraniumSpork

Dave, do you happen to know what’s special about the “Killzone: Shadow Fall Special Edition”? I’ve not seen any details before of exclusive content/DLC and such like.

P.S. A few of us on the site have already been contacted re: these bundles by GAME and ShopTo; there’s a forum thread with some updates, including a retail worker who’s got the inside scoop on the ratios of bundles to stand-alone consoles available to retailers etc.

#2 9 months ago
  3. monkeygourmet

The pack contains a severed Helgast penis in a jar.

#3 9 months ago
  4. VibraniumSpork

@1 There’ll be a saving in there, but – as Dave and IGN point out – it’s likely a small one and the symptom of an unpalatable illness; £55-60 for stand-alone next-gen games -_-

#4 9 months ago
  5. VibraniumSpork

@3 LOL ^_^

#5 9 months ago
  6. Gareth Harmer

GAME have already started contacting customers – I got a phone call last week asking if I wanted to switch from a vanilla preorder to any of the bundles.

#6 9 months ago
  7. monkeygourmet

Best package ever was:

NES, Zapper, Dunk Hunt & Mario! Bam! Thats a good Christmas day right there!

#7 9 months ago
  8. Lloytron

55 to 60 quid for a game? I think I might sit this out for a while.

#8 9 months ago
  9. monkeygourmet

You better beleive it! Zombi U was £49 – £55 when it launched, and that was on Wii U! :/

#9 9 months ago
  10. Dave Owen

I don’t know about the Killzone Special Edition, I’m afraid. I would assume a few extra multiplayer items and perhaps access to future DLC. That’s purely a guess though.

I’ll update the story to say some people have already been contacted (annoyed that I haven’t been!)

#10 9 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@10 Cool, thanks man. I’ve tried contacting Guerilla through Facebook regarding the contents of the Special Ed. Prolly won’t hear back but I’ll post up if they reply with anything!

#11 9 months ago
  12. TrickyAudio

I plumped for £399 with Watch Dogs. Will pick up Killzone probably too

#12 9 months ago
  13. monkeygourmet

The Helgast penis is confirmed, you can update the story, trust me. I have ‘insider’ knowledge.

#13 9 months ago
  14. Joe Anderson

Sony has already revealed next gen prices:

Dual Shock 4 SRP £54.99
    Camera – SRP £54.99

Knack – SRP £54.99
    DriveClub SRP £59.99
    Killzone – SRP £59.99

PS4 Stand SRP £15.99
    Charging Unit – SRP £24.99

#14 9 months ago
  15. Bloobat

I really hope that games will not be £50, that to me is too much. I thought they confirmed that there would be no price hike?

Anyway just got offered the mega bundle from ShopTo. Kind of annoying that its £450 instead of being £10 either side of the X1′s price like Sony said it would be…
    Still I suppose its good value.
    I don’t really get why two controllers are coming with Killzone when it’s a one player game with no split screen!

#15 9 months ago
  16. VibraniumSpork

@14 “PS4 Stand SRP £15.99″ – http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18opebw9gciywgif/original.gif

#16 9 months ago
  17. Lv01

@15 good point on the extra controller when not needed with killzone, but im getting madden at launch too, and a second controller for that is essential! so i was not gonna say no to getting an extra controller, alongside killzone!

#17 9 months ago
  18. VibraniumSpork

UPDATE: Just been in contact with Amazon.co.uk who have so far been silent on the upgrade issue. Apparently they are e-mailing their customers with the upgrade offers “now,”, though their Customer Services dept couldn’t give out prices, content offers etc at this time.

I pre-ordered through Amazon May 30th and have received nothing from them as yet. My pre-order at GAME was placed maybe 2-3 weeks before and I heard from them last week.

#18 9 months ago
  19. ryekongstad

Any news if the same bundles will be available in scandinavia?

#19 9 months ago
  20. Kabby

60 quid for games. GTFO.

#20 9 months ago
  21. Legendaryboss

What? Pre-order canceled ;)

#21 9 months ago
  22. Klaxusprime

PC: aaa games, expensive hardware, cheap games, almost all digital, not tradable

Consoles: aaa games, cheap hardware, expensive games, tradable

Mobile: aa/a games, medium expensive hardware, cheap games, not tradable

= stop whining and choose responsibly. Or just get more money!

#22 9 months ago
  23. rosco

amazon.co.uk email me this morning they have 6 bundles for the uk.
    bundles available are below–some bundles may come as separate components, rather than a single boxed product:
    Bundle 1Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) – £389This bundle includes: - Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)- 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    Bundle 2Sony PlayStation 4 and Watch Dogs (PS4) – £389This bundle includes:- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Watch Dogs (PS4) - 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    Bundle 3Sony PlayStation 4 Action Pack (PS4) – £429This bundle includes:- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - Battlefield 4 (PS4)- 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    Bundle 4Sony PlayStation 4 Adrenalin Pack (PS4) – £429This bundle includes:- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)- 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
    Bundle 5Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4) – £449This bundle includes:- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - PS4 camera
    Bundle 6Sony PlayStation 4 FIFA Mega Pack (PS4) – £489This bundle includes: - Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - PS4 camera - FIFA 14 (PS4

#23 9 months ago
  24. VibraniumSpork

@23 http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Solid intel.

#24 9 months ago
  25. Legendaryboss

So it varies between retailers, interesting. Thanks for that.

#25 9 months ago
  26. monkeygourmet

needs more bundles.

#26 9 months ago
  27. Legendaryboss

#27 9 months ago
  28. monkeygourmet

lol that clip always cracks me up! What a greedy little gutter snipe. :)

#28 9 months ago
  29. Dirk

PSN is charging £50 for GTA V and £60 for FIFA 14, they’re for the PS3.

#29 9 months ago