GTA 5 is now the biggest ever PSN digital release

Monday, 7th October 2013 15:05 GMT By Dave Owen

Grand Theft Auto 5 continues to break sales records, as Sony has now announced that Rockstar’s game is the biggest ever digital release on PlayStation platforms. The game was sold as a download alongside hard copies on shelves.

This means that GTA5 knocks The Last of Us from the top spot. The news was revealed on the EU PlayStation blog, although sales figures were not given.

Did you get your copy from PSN?

Stuck in GTA 5? Why not check out our GTA 5 guide with mission walkthroughs, gameplay tips & collectible locations?

1. Legendaryboss

In that state? For that price? Fools!

#1 11 months ago
  2. MadFlavour

@1 £25… when shared with a friend. Fool… like a fox.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

I had bought the digital version and it has ran perfectly besides the GTA Online server issues which have now seemed to be squashed at least for me.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Legendaryboss

Or physical version shared for free?

Really? There were reported issues.

#4 11 months ago
  5. MadFlavour

@4 No. 1: To share the physical version would require someone to buy it first, I believe it was like £45 at release. 2. When sharing a physical copy only one of the parties involved in the sharing process can play it at any one time. Where as with PSN sharing me and my friend got the game for £25 each, and can both play at the same time on our own consoles. All from the comfort of our homes.

So basically what it is is you just wanted to make a comment, in spite of the fact that you didn’t really know what you were talking about. And when you got called on that you kept on spouting nonsense just because you couldn’t you didn’t really know what you were talking about. And now, something tells me you are probably going to continue on that path. Carry on.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Phoenixblight

So I hear but that doesn’t mean everyone that bought the digital version is experiencing those issues.

#6 11 months ago
  7. deathm00n

@7 Digital here too and it works online, not very well, but it does. Sometimes the character disappears, but then I just quit the game and enter again and everything is fine.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Phoenixblight

Same here but I don’t think that is because of having digital version as most of my friends are having similar issues with Online and they purchased the physical version.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Legendaryboss

I know all about PSN sharing. So what your saying is i can’t share a copy of the game with my friend (when i’m done temporarily), because you think i’m going to charge him because i payed full price.

I know exactly what i’m talking about and i don’t need travel down a path thank you very much.

Not everyone who bought it at that price is gonna share with a friend, thats not a universal fact.

Ah, okay.