Call of Duty: Ghosts PC install is 50GB

Monday, 7th October 2013 23:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Call of Duty: Ghosts will take up a whopping 50GB of drive space when installed on your PC, blocking installation of other games by the sheer weight of its many assets.

For comparison purposes, BioShock Infinite takes up 20GB minimum with 30GB recommended, Saints Row 4 is 10GB, and Battlefield 4 wants 30GB.

The hefty install size was revealed in the shooter’s PC requirements, which also include a surprisingly high-end minimum GPU. Here’s the full spec list, courtesy of Nvidia:

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50 GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

No word yet on how large the download will be for the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions, but it’s likely to be in the same ballpark. Ghosts is also coming to Wii U. Current-gen versions arrive on November 5, with next-gen versions due when the hardware launches later in the month.

Killzone: Shadow Fall is also a 50GB download. Maybe 50GB is the new 20GB?

Thanks, games.on.net.

1. Hcw87

It’s weird, doesn’t look better than MW3/BO2 and the campaign is probably still 4 hours. No idea how it can take this much space.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Xbone

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY FUCKING SHIT!

#2 11 months ago
  3. m2stech

I guess that’s what happens when they try to implement better graphics on same old MW3 engine.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Erthazus

You fucking kidding me? For what? That is some fucking horrible optimisation right here.

Skyrim with better graphics and big world require 6-7 GB at best. Are you high Activision?

@3, it’s not a MW3 engine. It’s much older and engine has nothing to do with disc space

#4 11 months ago
  5. monkeygourmet

40gb for Fish AI
    5Gb for Dog Armour
    5Gb for actual game

= 50Gb

#5 11 months ago
  6. Erthazus

Oh god… lol Monkey… :D bwahaha

You know, Monkey, you remind me of this guy but with extra trolling (your villains are Dragon and fanboys :D):

#6 11 months ago
  7. Xbone

They will make this huge games from now on (next-gen) so people wont download it from torrent… 50gb? Who the fuck will download 50gb just to play a DLC?

#7 11 months ago
  8. Erthazus

I can download a 50 gb game with my internet for about 30 minutes or less. Not a problem if I wanted to pirate it.

#8 11 months ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Thanks… I think! I’m not going to thrust my buttocks into anyone’s face though… :D

#9 11 months ago
  10. Erthazus

“40gb for Fish AI”

That’s true btw. Only Activision can do that when Mario 64 did this in Nintendo 64 bit era with cartridges.

So i’m not surprised actually about it.
    “Thanks… I think! I’m not going to thrust my buttocks into anyone’s face though… ”

But you are such a SEXXI Batman though xDD

#10 11 months ago
  11. DSB

Jesus, I’m glad I shelled out a little extra for a big(ger) SSD.

#11 11 months ago
  12. monkeygourmet

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100214000852/cartoonnetwork/images/8/83/RedGuy1.jpg :)

#12 11 months ago
  13. Panthro

50gb? Jesus… Ive played PC games which seem a lot bigger in scale than this and they could equate to a 15gb install.
    Probably just terrible optimization or something.

#13 11 months ago
  14. Diingo

This is why a digital only future won’t be happening for a very long time.

The internet companies refuse to upgrade their network.

As games become bigger so does the download size which means more waiting while having the internet companies charging more for over data usage.

#14 11 months ago
  15. fearmonkey

@5 – LMAO

#15 11 months ago
  16. Keivz

Goodness. Will this be released on a Blu Ray disc? Otherwise, we’re talking 5-6 DL DVD’s (Max Payne 3 came on 4 discs).

Also, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti minimum requirement is interesting, as is the minimum of 6 GB of RAM/64 bit OS.

#16 11 months ago
  17. junguler

cod ghosts with 100 hours full-hd exclusive interview with the dog

#17 11 months ago
  18. thravix

While i am curious on why the game is 50gb. I am also curious about the internet connectivity required for activation. Are they talking about activating the single player also or just the multiplayer. I am just unsure because it says “Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity.” before saying “Internet connection required for activation.”

#18 11 months ago
  19. TheWulf

Whyyyyyy?

I’m sorry, I really am, but I feel really relieved right now that I’m not into these sorts of games.

#19 11 months ago
  20. ps4fanboy

how many dvds does it require?

#20 11 months ago
  21. Silent Killer01

thats a lot of spyware.

#21 11 months ago
  22. noamlol2

this game is really 10 gig
    but it’s 40GB of nothing to counter PC piracy

which is pointless since their games are shit anyway

#22 11 months ago
  23. DuckNation

I’m guessing most of it is just the animated cutscenes in game that make most of these Gigabytes the game itself is no more then 20gb that’s for sure.

Also on the subject of PC piracy i’m assuming that most PC Gamers already have a high connection with their ISP guessing anywhere between 20-100Mbps so 50gb isn’t that much. Hell my ISP connection is 40Mbps and i’m not even a PC gamer

#23 11 months ago
  24. Llewelyn_MT

Battlefield 3 with all DLC takes some 30 GB. I guess Activision plans on not winning in the Top Seller category but has to be best at something, so they run for the Biggest Game Ever Made instead.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Unknown_Gamer

@22 This , But its probably wont happen
    Thanks to the Repackers xD

#25 11 months ago
  26. Dunno

download 50 and install 50 on HDD. I’m not bothered at all :D

#26 11 months ago
  27. Llewelyn_MT

Wrong window…

#27 11 months ago
  28. junguler

@27, you sure you wanted to quote what i said?, i’m just here to insult them, as they insult the whole gaming scene every year with this garbage they call game.

edit : well you edited down your post, but i wont :P

#28 11 months ago
  29. matirishhh

This is the future – 50GB GAME INSTALL for 5 hours of single player gameplay (on hard). This is how Activision will fight pirates…and not make any money…

#29 11 months ago
  30. _LarZen_

A disc version of the game it is then! Oh man I cant wait to suit up again and get back in the fight.

#30 11 months ago
  31. YoungZer0

Insanity. If that’s their way to fight piracy, then I have some bad news for them: People can repack your release.

@8: Really?! Wow, that’s impressive! Tell us more about it, dude.

#31 11 months ago
  32. frostface

Isn’t Killzone Shadow Fall 50GB to download? Although the difference is that it looks next gen. Still I’ll be buying the disc version until I can get the price of a TB drive after forking out for the PS4.

#32 11 months ago
  33. VibraniumSpork

@32 I never got around to fitting a new HDD to my PS3 (though it really would have made sense to do so over the last few months thanks to PS+). Out of interest is it easy to do? I’d hope it’d be a bit of a ‘plug and play’ scenario…

#33 11 months ago
  34. Knight Of Justice

how is this shit possible?
    6 GB of RAM and a graphic way behind BF4 graphic quality?
    this is bullshit.I’m sure it will be denied soon.Like watch dogs.
    But i wonder:Watch dogs developer’s said about the first requirement that the real one would be way a lot liter but for example the minimum RAM needed is not only reduced but it has been increased.
    What’s happening? :|

#34 11 months ago
  35. DSB

@34 Obviously they just ported the Xbone version instead of the 360 version this time. It’s really that simple.

BF3 takes up 30+ gigs already, and that’s a last gen game.

#35 11 months ago