PS4 version of Flower runs at 1080p, 60 FPS making it even more gorgeous

Saturday, 5th October 2013 19:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

As if thatgamecompany’s Flower wasn’t pretty enough, the PS4 version runs at 1080p, 60 FPS according to Sony Santa Monica’s director of technology, Tim Moss. He is playing the game currently at the studio, and was tweeting about how gorgeous it was over Twitter. Flower was announced as a launch window title for PS4 during gamescom in August. Thanks, D’toid.

1. Legendaryboss

Something for 1080p 60FPS zombies who need their 1080p 60FPS Flower fix!

Edit: Never mind.

#1 10 months ago
  2. KineticCalvaria

@1, where did Len go?

#2 10 months ago
  3. Legendaryboss

Off to the pub?

Oh the letter-name change, i removed it: no reason why.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

…confused….. shakes head and walks away…

#4 10 months ago
  5. Beta

How the frick did I miss the announcement of this version!? I watched the gamescom news obsessively..

Just gotten very excited :)

*I suppose it’s too much to ask for a ps4 port of Journey? ;) That game is already gorgeous on current gen.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Legendaryboss

@Steph
    :) Sometimes the only option.

@Beta
    It wasn’t announced at Gamescom, but during. It was kinda low key, it was announced via a list which is easy to find (Steph linked it).

No Journey port yet.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Beta

@LB Ah I see :)

I’ll keep my fingers crossed about Journey.. But I loved Flower so I’m still really happy about this, making the wait harder :’)

#7 10 months ago
  8. pcbros

I liked the original for PS3 but I must say I got bored after a week or so. A little too casual for me but very artistic none the less.

#8 10 months ago
  9. xBASSxMONSTAx

Screw Flower… I want Journey at 1080p, 60 FPS on PS4.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Exsecratus

OH yeah sony!! Another old game to fool everyone while you try to release decent games!! Bring in more steam indies also!!!

Way to go sony-man!!!

#10 10 months ago
  11. dkpunk

Is this a sequel or hd update?

#11 10 months ago
  12. Legendaryboss

Newly made conversion so Port, with lots of AA (Anti aliasing), extra grass detail and 1080p and 60FPS for people into that.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Legendaryboss

Wonder why they don’t just port the Journey Collectors Edition? Would be a better package.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Erthazus

A simple game in 1080p and 60 frames on PS4. So much next gen.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Beta

Gosh, I do love moaners. Just hush up and let people enjoy something.

#15 10 months ago
  16. ChunkyLover112

“gorgeous”???

Silly writer, it’s not possible for something to look “gorgeous” when it’s on PS4.

#16 10 months ago
  17. sebastien rivas

Pretty confusing article for those who never heard of “Flower”.
    No imageS, no video but links to other articles mentioning Flower.
    All I can see is a land, pretty cool for that matter with grass and floaty effects. So far and in spite of the great visual achievement, nothing I can get excited about unless I try to run this unique scenery on a PII celeron. Pardon my critic but nonetheless true, it is quite empty so far so… So what is Flower?

#17 10 months ago
  18. Osric

And that’s NEXT-GEN, babies! Current-gen looking games running at 1080p and 60 FPS, woooooooooo!

#18 10 months ago
  19. VibraniumSpork

Overall, this is awesome. Pretty game made even prettier, and I think everyone can find something to like in it. Great play mechanics and a weirdly engaging ‘story’. Woop!

My question is whether the fact that I’ve bought this on PS3 means that I’ve already purchased it as far as the PS4 is concerned? Doesn’t seem to have had any new levels etc added that would make it ‘Flower+’. This is the first PS3 PSN game to appear on PS4 PSN I believe; be interested to see how Sony approach this issue.

#19 10 months ago
  20. MrWaffles

@18 Feels like it, hopefully the post-launch games will bring something else to the table.

#20 10 months ago
  21. sebastien rivas

haaa! now I get it,
    I clicked everywhere but on wikipedia yesterday and could not get a single info what Flower was about.

The game sounds interesting, perhaps a niche but still a cool game in essence.

#21 10 months ago
  22. XanderZane

This can be done in 1080P @60fps on the PS3. I wonder if they had to remake this game from scratch since the PS3 has a completely different O/S structure and used the CELL.

#22 9 months ago