Battlefield 4 video shows the beta running on Xbox 360

Friday, 4th October 2013 15:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4 has gone into beta, and to give you an idea of what it looks like, EA has posted a short video of it running on Xbox 360. Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The game will also be made available on PS4 November 12 in North America and in Europe on November 29. The Xbox One version will be release in North America on November 19 and in Europe on November 21.

1. Panthro

Loos like the console gamers who are sticking with their current gen platforms for the time being aren’t going to be so disappointed with BF4, looks pretty playable from where I’m sitting.

#1 10 months ago
  2. undermyrules

Was this game made in 2007? Oh wait….. this is the console version, nevermind…

#2 10 months ago
  3. Erthazus

The console version of Battlefield 4 has worse graphics then the lowest settings in PC version.
    Not to mention that some of the trees and furniture are missing. LOL.

Last gen of consoles are ancient.

this is so horrible.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Javinator

People were making fun of the Xbone but I don’t need 2 boners! Lol
    The PS4 controllers grips/handles look like 2 penises. I’m sure you Sony fanboys love the idea of gripping firmly onto 2 penises.

Enjoy your DualPenis 4 controller

#4 10 months ago
  5. FuntimeBen

The 360 beta looks pretty terrible. I have been playing it for the last few nights and it looks grey and very sparse. DICE is doing a great job of not showing you the parts of the game that are missing like, boats, furniture, water reflections, or lighting effects. BF3 at least has baked in lighting effects, the BF4 Beta doesn’t, so it looks flat.

I’m moving to PS4 and hope it looks more comparable to the PC version, because I will be sorely disappointed if t looks anything like the current gen versions.

#5 10 months ago
  6. VibraniumSpork

PC gamers are such a warm, friendly, likeable bunch

#6 10 months ago
  7. Xbone

@5 They need to sell it, ofc they wont show the dark side of the xbox version.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Panthro

I cannot see any resemblance to a penis…
    Its worrying that when you look at a video/ someone playing with the dual-shock controller you think of them gripping two penises.

#8 10 months ago
  9. VibraniumSpork

@8 Indeed.

Tell us @4/Javinator(in explicit detail)…what do you see when you look at this?:

#9 10 months ago
  10. Panthro

Hey! I only game on PC except when the last of us and GTA V came out… I actually said something nice about BF4 on consoles above ;)

#10 10 months ago
  11. VibraniumSpork

@10 That’s okay Panthro, you can stay – you do own the dopest of all known rides in the galaxy after all :D

#11 10 months ago
  12. Panthro

;)

#12 10 months ago
  13. Templar_Dante

Here it is running on Xbox one:

I dont know about what you guys think.. but if this is what it looks like retail, I will be really dissapointed. I have a 7770+i5 2700k pc and it looks alot better than this… Are they even going to bother optimize it for X1???

#13 10 months ago
  14. Templar_Dante

Hey Dave, are you going to run a story with those Gaf pics? Its the first footage of the latest build. (Note Kinect functionality at the top of the screen)

#14 10 months ago
  15. Hcw87

I hope you don’t normally judge the graphics of a game by an offscreen photo.

If you read the reports of people who played it at TGS, it’s alot more encouraging.

PS4 BF4 Gameplay (cam): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g9fvl1a4t4
    XBONE (cam): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5F4di5QwaE

Looks alot better than current gen, AND it’s 60fps.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Templar_Dante

HCW87, Honestly mate, I got it pre-ordered for PS4… and even though the hands on impressions are great.. it is a bit worrying we still havnt seen direct feed footage yet. I just feel inclined to believe EA asked DICE to port the 360-PS3 ports to X1-PS4 and spruce it up.
    Still.. I do hope Dice just releases footage and puts my fears to rest.
    I dont normally judge anything by off-screen footage but that does seem alarming. 5GB ram for games, the textures are terrible. . . etc.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Hcw87

It IS a port to next gen from current gen.

BF4 will not look nearly as good as Killzone/Ryse, but it will look noticably better than the current gen version.

Also remember that next gen supports 64 players, so the maps will be slightly bigger (like the PC version) and you’ll have more flags in Conquest etc. It will be a better experience, so i won’t bother getting it on current gen.

#17 10 months ago
  18. Os Money

the 360 version is just sad. I’ve been playing it, but it hasnt been very enjoyable. The graphics are worse than bf2 on the 360. The draw distances are awful too and when the tower falls it creates a cloud on the entire map for the rest of the game that you can barely see through. No bullet drop and guys have almost no recoil. No boats and the vehicles feel uninspired. Movement feels like MOH: Warfighter. Elevators are death traps. The map they picked was/is most likely going to be my least favorite map when the game ships because other than the skyscraper it feels boring. Most games of conquest people rather sit on buildings and snipe than do anything productive.

#18 10 months ago
  19. Hcw87

Remember the BF3 beta. Operation Metro, the worst map in Battlefield history, and it was the Rush gamemode. The visuals were bad and there were glitches/bugs everywhere.

Then the full game launched and it was much better overall. Remember it’s a beta, they’re not showing the full visuals/additions to the game.

Also remember that during the end of the BF3 beta, Caspian Border conquest opened up and it was a huge huge improvement.

I’m sure they will open Paracel Storm with Obliteration during the BF4 beta aswell.

#19 10 months ago
  20. Os Money

@19 Yeah i remember, but rush is my favorite mode so im bias there. I enjoyed the bf3 beta quite a bit and i remember the glitch holes in the levels (right near under the first A comm in particular) that people used every game. Having said that I understand its a beta/alpha and still plan on getting the game, just im throwing up alarms for concern is all. Im like Dave and thought BC2 was great (where/when i started playing bf games) due to the level designs and being able to completely change the level (make it flat). The destruction in bf3 felt lacking to say the least. rather have less particle effects and more destruction than simply knocking a hole in a wall. Thats what made bc2 great…sniper in a building…bring that $%^#$ down!

#20 10 months ago
  21. Hcw87

I hope they borrow Violition’s Geomod and makes BC3 for nextgen/PC only.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Os Money

@21 That would be nice.

Another thing that frankly pisses me off….why cant i edit my loadouts at the main menu? You can only edit them in game or on the (feeling forced upon) battlelog app.

#22 10 months ago
  23. Hcw87

Yeah, this is something that most definately will be fixed for launch.

Also the ammo bug, where if you reload, you exchange the whole mag (on 360 atleast) instead of just the bullets you fired. Seen a few beta vids from PC, and it’s exactly like it was in BF3, so it’s a console bug.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Os Money

i heard that was supposed to be the way it works in hardcore mode. Figured it was either them just showing us how that was going to work or some kind of bug. One other bug i hope they fix during the beta is the battlelog (in game) constantly refreshing and you cant scroll down because it jumps right back to the top when trying to join on a friend.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Erthazus

Battlefield 4 on the PS4 and Xbox One also not really that great.

720p and 60 fps on it with shitty textures and visuals compared to PC.

Great next gen consoles. Can’t do decent stuff even in 720p.

#25 10 months ago
  26. RocknRolla

The beta is shit anyway.. they freaking changed the controlls for flying and drivng those idiots!!!

#26 10 months ago
  27. Hcw87

You do know there’s a ”veteran” option in the settings menu, right? Helps to actually look before complaining about something.

#27 10 months ago
  28. fengato

I’ve been playing it on 360 for some days now, and can conclude that frostbite has always been too much of a stretch for current gen. Cod has simple but polished visuals – bf3 and 4 are simply too ugly and janky on 360 / ps3 for me to invest. Getting ps4 and x1, so hoping that 60 frames and decent textures finally allow me to fully embrace the series.

#28 10 months ago
  29. Panthro

Im going to fully embrace it on PC with 1080p 60fps on ultra settings.

#29 10 months ago
  30. fengato

^ I’ve got a good PC, though can’t be bothered with sitting up to a desk for gaming (not that it will worry you, but controller support for BF3 is crap.) Also here in Oz, populated servers for many games are incredibly rare. Just not enough PC players.

I don’t know how you guys do without the console exclusives.

#30 10 months ago
  31. viralshag

@30, I can confirm the pad support on the PC for BF4 is just as abysmal as it was in BF3.

I want to enjoy this on my nice big TV but not being able to navigate the menus with a pad just makes this a pain so I don’t bother.

#31 10 months ago
  32. fengato

^ Is the sprint toggle issue still present?

#32 10 months ago
  33. Panthro

@fengato

I still own a ps3 and 360 dont get me wrong, i bought the 360 for dead rising 1 and the other exclusives werent so appealing, halo 1 and 2 were amazing but 3+ just felt like nothing got better and it began to get stale…
    PS3 on the other hand, there exclusives kick ass. God of war, uncharted, last of us, shadow of the colossus HD, killzone 2 etc…

You only use game servers that are in your country?

#33 10 months ago
  34. E115EnRaged935

I Really, Really, Really Hope that this is not going to be what the actual Battlefield 4 looks like. Because if it is, I might not even think about buying it. I tried playing the Beta Version download on Xbox 360, and it is absolutely terrible. I was amazed and shocked, in so much awe when I played Battlefield 3 for the first time, that I almost couldn’t play it because the graphics were too great. But Battlefield 4, it is almost like a downgrade from Battlefield 3 instead of an upgrade from it. I mean, I thought the graphics would’ve been outstanding from the third, instead, their not only the same, but a little worse. Now the sound effects and the ambiance and the controls are way better, but I cannot stand this version. I really hope the real Battlefield 4 is something else entirely.

#34 10 months ago