Battlefield 4 beta now open to all

Friday, 4th October 2013 11:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 developer DICE has opened the floodgates on the game’s beta, rendering it open to all. Will you be getting involved over the weekend?

I’ve been playing the beta this week, and I wrote my thoughts on it here.

It’s out now in some regions on Origin and PS3, with the Xbox 360 edition rolling out across territories throughout today.

Here’s a breakdown of live times, care of Eurogamer.

• PC worldwide: from 9am UK
  • Xbox 360 worldwide: 2am-6am PDT / 10am-2pm UK
  • PS3 Europe: 7am-11am PDT / 3pm-7pm UK
  • PS3 US: 11am PDT

Have you been playing? If so, what do you think?

1. Droid

Not really open to ‘all’ unless I’m missing something. Is there a way to try this for free? It seems to only be open to those who have pre-ordered? Shame the days of demos have mostly gone the way of the dodo. :(

#1 10 months ago
  2. Hcw87

It’s available to all, like other demos on PSN/XBLive. Check back later and it will be up under the Demo section most likely, or do a custom search for it.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 & 2 see roll-out times above. I just popped them in.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Droid

That’s why I was asking really as all it says in origin is ‘coming soon’ even though it apparently rolled out at 9am, and banners on there advertising the free beta links to the £55 pre-order page. So it seems like if you haven’t pre-ordered you can’t try it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Hcw87

If you pre ordered you got early access since Tuesday, everyone can play the Open beta from today, pre order or not.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Droid

@5 How? In Origin it’s as I described above. If not purchased you can’t download it.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Templar_Dante

Trying to get online, Im getting a message “You have lost the connection to the EA Servers. Online features will be unavalible” everytime I click on multiplayer. I was a part of the exclusive beta, so are the servers offline?

#7 10 months ago
  8. Hcw87

They just haven’t unlocked the Open Beta for everyone yet i guess, try in an hour or so, or restart the client.
    Most likely overloaded servers, try reconnecting a few times (Or open a few ports if you’re on PC)

#8 10 months ago
  9. Droid

Just got a surprisingly rapid reply from EA chat support. They say I have to pre-order and then I’d apparently get 2 boxes onscreen, one giving early access to the beta. Like I thought, it’s not actually ‘free’. All of you lot will have pre-ordered and got this already most likely. False advertising strikes again. :(

#9 10 months ago
  10. shiverbutt

So all of you already have it? If i’m not mistaken, it looks like you’re in the UK? The open beta I mean

#10 10 months ago
  11. Hcw87

As i’ve said allready, you will get access at some point today, they just haven’t opened it to all yet (to maximize download speed most likely).

You do NOT need to pre-order to try the Open Beta.

#11 10 months ago
  12. DuckNation

Shhhh guys let’s not help Droid out it appears he clearly doesn’t understand http://i.imgur.com/wM4KnQ9.gif

#12 10 months ago
  13. shiverbutt

I was just wondering because then i might be able to change my locale to United Kingdom so i could download it.

#13 10 months ago
  14. shiverbutt

Oh, i have it now, shame it won’t be done downloading before i have to leave. :/

#14 10 months ago
  15. Llewelyn_MT

Too bad I can’t get it to work since Tuesday… :-\

#15 10 months ago
  16. _LarZen_

No available for everyone in Norway yet…

#16 10 months ago
  17. Droid

@12 I understand it perfectly. If you hadn’t pre-ordered you’d understand it too. It may be opened up to be totally ‘free’ later but currently only those who have pre-ordered can even download the files, and according to EA support that’s the way it’s staying today.

#17 10 months ago
  18. DuckNation

pre-ordered Battlefield 4 PC Digital Deluxe Edition
    You are a Battlefield 3 Premium Member
    You are a registered owner of Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited or Digital Deluxe Edition

Those were the three ways you could access to the closed beta
    Now that its in OPEN BETA anyone can play

#18 10 months ago
  19. Droid

Shhhh guys let’s not help DuckNation out it appears he clearly doesn’t understand http://imgur.com/r/gifs/zayEbYi

#19 10 months ago
  20. Llewelyn_MT

@14: I have Battlefield 3 Premium. It just doesn’t work on my PC for some reason. I run Battlefield 3 in 1920×1080 on Medium with 50+ fps average, while in the damn exclusive beta in 1280×720 on Low I get 20 fps max. And that’s when I’m standing still, not shooting and not seeing any fires or explosions.

After seeing that I’m more than sure I won’t be getting it.

#20 10 months ago
  21. _LarZen_

Running it at Ultra om my PC. It’s not a pretty game..that’s for sure. But was fun when the building collapsed. :)

But it’s as it has been in BF games, you run around trying to find someone to kill. And someone shoots you in the head from 1 mile away.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Llewelyn_MT

Try running where no sniper can get you. ;-) It’s part of the experience.

To add insult to injury I’m running an all-AMD computer.

#22 10 months ago
  23. MeVSWorld

@19 You can play without pre-ording. Im playing on the xbox….

#23 10 months ago
  24. Javinator

Can someone tell me why the Ps4 controllers handles look like 2 penises???

#24 10 months ago
  25. VibraniumSpork

@24 Because you’re Id is trying to tell you something?

#25 10 months ago
  26. absolutezero

Looks alright, runs alright.

Just more Battlefield really. Not all that bothered anymore.

#26 10 months ago
  27. sebastien rivas

And why is the Beta opened????

Tadaaaa, first day of close beta, each server were decently full.
    Second day, you had to wait until 10 am CT to finally see more than 2 servers being played.
    Third day, well I did not try it again and went back to BF3.

Shangai is cool don’t get me wrong but in my sole experience, this gameplay silky smooth reaction time does not help me get into it. It just does not pop enough and also while mouse reaction is set at max, I had to slide twice my mouse in a direction to get roughly a bit more than 90 degrees rotation while in a tank

#27 10 months ago