Battlefield: Bad Company team isn’t forgotten, just on a long vacation, says DICE

Thursday, 3rd October 2013 10:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield: Bad Company 3 isn’t even on the map, but DICE is aware a lot of you want it to happen. Creative director Lars Gustavsson has pretty much said that the studio will return to the series once a few projects like Mirror’s Edge and Star Wars: Battlefront are out of the way first.

Reporting on a DICE event – that our own Brenna Hillier attended this week – PCGamesN picked up on Gustavsson addressing the prospect of a third Bad Company game. He said, “My feeling is that I would love to do it. For me, when we started the company with 1942, it was really a work of passion. And then we worked our way through the era of different wars, and I loved them all, like my little babies. When it came to Bad Company, it was creative freedom; don’t take yourself too seriously.”

“But trust me, the Bad Company [team] isn’t forgotten, they are just on a very long vacation. So they are out there, they’re coming back.”

Hot damn. What do you make of the above?

1. KineticCalvaria

Thanks, but no thanks :).

#1 11 months ago
  2. Ignatius_Cheese

Bad Company 2 was the BOMB so I’ll look forward to more from Bad Company in a couple of years or so.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Oni

Battlefield 2143, ohhh pretty please. Titan mode was one of the best multiplayer modes to ever grace battlefield!

#3 11 months ago
  4. absolutezero

I don’t know if I want another 2142 to be honest, not if its going to be in the Battlefield 3 style.

#4 11 months ago
  5. AmiralPatate

“they are just on a very long vacation”

So… are they staying at the same place than Faith Connors?

#5 11 months ago
  6. KineticCalvaria

@3, indeed 2143 and Battlefront is all I need. :)

#6 11 months ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

A BC3 would make me very happy. Especially what Lars says that it doesn’t take itself too seriously.

#7 11 months ago
  8. GwynbleiddiuM

@3 I think it’s safe to assume that wont happen because it would cast a large shadow over the Battlefront game they are working on.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Doppleganger

Like anyone will care anymore once Battlefront gets released.
    Battlefront will RULE THEM ALL!

#9 11 months ago