Battlefield 4 beta impressions: is it any good?

Thursday, 3rd October 2013 08:02 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4′s beta is online now and VG247′s Dave Cook has been playing it. It’s fun, but doesn’t seem to represent the new features all that well. Find out why in his opinion blog.

My four-man squad has just piled into an elevator and we’re ascending to the top floor of ‘that’ skyscraper. The muffled sound of gunfire and explosions can be heard outside the metal cabin, and with a ding, the doors slide open to a hail of gunfire. We kill the enemy troops lying in wait for us to emerge and secure the flag point outside. With the area claimed, I leap off the edge and base jump down to the next objective before deploying my parachute.

When EA’s marketing division drummed up the slogan, “Only in Battlefield,” they hit the nail on the head. No other console shooter gives me this much freedom to exploit the environment in this manner. There is a real sense of scale in the Siege of Shanghai map that really takes you by surprise. Peering over the skyscraper ledge to see tanks and choppers do battle on street level really is a spectacle to behold. It looks great on Xbox 360 too.

But yet there’s something missing. Despite all the bombast and vertigo, I simply wasn’t excited by what the Battlefield 4 beta offered. Regular readers will know that I’m a big fan of Bad Company 2 and the opportunity to level almost all of the map if you desire. No joke, I seriously loved that game and poured significant time into it, but by contrast there is very little destruction in the Siege of Shangahi map. I was honestly bored, but couldn’t precisely say why. It’s something I’ve wrestled with since Battlefield 3 released. I know it’s a good game, but I just didn’t gel with it.

Speaking destruction, Siege of Shanghai has that toppling skyscraper sure, but it never fell once when I played. The experience felt sterile, and I’ve never really been fond of how the series has veered towards realistic aesthetics. There was a lack of insanity, not to mention that it both feels and looks like Battlefield 3. I was struggling to find many new elements in the map or anything disruptive in a gameplay sense, but I’m aware that this is just a beta.

So before some people out there start accusing me of ragging on the game out-right, just know that everything I say here is focused purely on this small beta trial only. I’m aware this is just a testing phase and not representative of the full game. Seriously.

The Levolution features on this map stem to pressing switches to raise road-blocking bollards, calling elevators and setting off car alarms. These things have been pitched as marquee features by DICE, but they’re really not that significant in this map. Now on the other hand, Paracel Storm’s run aground ship and flooding map sound more like the kind of dynamic map-changer I want to see more of. In Siege of Shanghai, I just felt like I was trapped in a static environment you’d expect from Call of Duty. It’s like an arena that – while massive – managed to make me feel constricted.

I think part of the issue was player count. There were clearly a lot of people playing the beta yesterday, but I never managed to successfully jump in to a full lobby. The sparse drippings of troops here and there made the environment feel barren, so I’m sure with a full player-count Siege of Shanghai will indeed get pretty manic. As a result, I also suffered the usual ‘Spawn, run for ages to join the fight, get sniped from miles away and restart’ thing. That really irks me but it’s not the game’s fault, so it’s okay.

”While the Siege of Shanghai beta left me pretty uninspired, I’m thankful that the format hasn’t been overhauled in such a way that it breaks or tries to blatantly ape the competition too closely. It still feels like a Battlefield experience with things you can only do in Battlefield.”

Gunplay does feel slightly slicker and the pace appears to have raised just a notch. Traversal is smoother and you still have to be very aware of your surroundings to avoid being blind-sided by concealed enemies. There’s also a new request wheel activated by holding down RB that makes your troop yell out for more ammo, health packs and so on. You can also snap to walls or low cover and lean in and out fairly easily. Spotting enemies is also automatic.

These are all subtle changes designed to make the gameplay experience run better, but I still felt like I was playing an incrementally updated build of Battlefield 3. This is what I was talking about in this next-gen blog. The beta represents the same thing we’ve done before but with better visuals. I’m honestly not complaining as it’s a solid formula that works well, and I do feel that DICE is holding its best cards until launch. We’ve not even seen the zenith of what Battlefield 4 has to offer, and I’m excited to see what comes next.

So while the Siege of Shanghai demo left me pretty uninspired, I’m thankful that the format hasn’t been overhauled in such a way that it breaks or tries to blatantly ape the competition too closely. It still feels like a Battlefield experience with things you can only do in Battlefield. It’s just a shame that I’ve done most of it already in the previous game. Some people will likely say, ‘Yeah, but Call of Duty does the same thing every year and no one complains,’ but no, Call of Duty doesn’t exactly do the same thing every year.

The bare-bones twitch format is the same because that’s Call of Duty’s hook, just like the base Battlefield formula must remain for it to be a Battlefield title. Both franchises are smart in doing this. The thing is that the changes in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 felt significant compared to Modern Warfare 3. Treyarch really did stir the pot with that game – believe it or not – but this beta may as well be for a Battlefield 3 update. Again, I’m well aware that this is just a beta, not a full game but I’m not seeing much of an overhaul so far. I’m positive that will all come in the full release though.

I’ll stress once more that this beta is just the beginning, and I’m sure the full Battlefield 4 experience will expand greatly on what has gone before. As a taste of what’s to come, DICE certainly has me interested in the November 1 launch in Europe.

What do you think?

1. Quige

I bought Battlefield 3 but ‘Spawn, run for ages to join the fight, get sniped from miles away and restart’ thing came to define my experience of it, and so I stopped playing as this became very boring/frustrating. Which is fine, obviously a lot of people love it (I imagine they’re the ones hiding under a bush at the extreme edges of the map), and not all games are for all people, but this doesn’t make me feel that Battlefield 4 will be any different and worth another try. But as you say it’s a beta.

#1 11 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 Agree fully. I just hope readers understand that Im purely talking about the beta and not the full game. It has massive potential.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Sherif Saed

To be completely fair, Dave, anything but 48 players at the very least is not something I would call a battlefield experience.

The 24 player current-gen stuff, even with the map being smaller, is just as if you took two big COD maps and duct taped them together. Vehicles don’t help that much other than being transports.

#3 11 months ago
  4. KineticCalvaria

@3, my thoughts exactly, you can’t judge this game from the current gen version. I played both and they can’t even be called the same game, BF3/4 just don’t work on current gen with 24 players, it’s not designed for such a low player count.

If you played the PC version you’d find that there are barely any empty parts of the map. I have to say though I’m still not enjoying the beta all that much.

#4 11 months ago
  5. Dunno

“opportunity to level almost all of the map if you desire.”

The same buidlings with the same pre-done sections that try to make you beleive you actually destroy something when you really don’t? This time around they just put a little more effort into visuals. That’s about itDo people really buy that rubbish about destruction?! hahaha

Dice employs the same trick over and over again. Shoot something big, see a lot of dust, bricks come flying and bam you get a whole in a wall.

#5 11 months ago
  6. Dave Cook

@5 You could absolutely level most of some maps in Bad Company 2.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Dunno

@6 Oh come on Dave! :D Shanghai vs some one storey buildings and multiple storey buildings with the simple framework and visuals in BFBC2. Dice just can’t pull off the same trick with Shanghai and its skyscrapers in BF4. Too much work on pre-done sections.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Dave Cook

@7 Oh I know dude, I’m not expecting the full destruction this time :D

I’m just saying I prefer the BC2 format. It’s clear why they can’t do it in this case.

#8 11 months ago
  9. wickedcricket

Wow, Dave great recap. I like your point of view. I agree with every single point and I am looking forward for your full game Review! And I agree lets wait for the full release, it’s only Beta. Cheers!

#9 11 months ago
  10. Llewelyn_MT

The thing is Battlefield is no CoD it doesn’t need Shanghai to succeed. It needs, you know, battlefields. ;-)

@Dave: Sorry, but I can’t understand reviewing Battlefield 3, let alone 4, on consoles. It’s a waste of time. Conquest with less than 48 players is boring as hell. Besides, it’s not that common to be killed by a sniper unless you act stupid.

#10 11 months ago
  11. Dunno

@8 Well They’re pushing in the other direction right now. They should’ve really included the flooding map instead to give us a taste of so called Dynamic BF! Not the same thing as BC2 but at least it’s some kind of replacement. For now we just got the skyscrapper. It takes a while to destroy all the pillars alone and bring it down. hah

#11 11 months ago
  12. Dave Cook

@9 Thank you, that always means a lot :)

@10 Why is it a waste of time man? I’d wager the majority of people play on consoles. I think too many folk focus on the flash of the PC versions and forget that there are compromises on the console builds. I’d like to know what those compromise are :)

“Besides, it’s not that common to be killed by a sniper unless you act stupid.”

That’s entirely subjective man :P

#12 11 months ago
  13. VibraniumSpork

Totally agree Dave. I’ve got friends who I’ve played muchos BF:BC2 and BF3 with who’ve refused to lay a finger on the Beta, preferring instead to wait for the PS4 version. That made me roll my eyes at first but now I almost wish I’d done the same.

I though that it was pretty poor visually (though again, Beta) and that the map was just way, way too large for the number of players. Overall if felt like a lot of stuff had been cut back for the current-gen experience which – at this point in their life cycle – is understandable if not necessarily expected. Still not sure about picking this up for PS4 though…you’re right, even with all of the above taken into account it just felt a little lifeless and boring -_-

#13 11 months ago
  14. mday

I completely agree with this. As a BF3-fan I had my share of good times, but not to max-level for most of the reasons already explained above. the beta didn’t last two games for me. I was unimpressed by the trailers (apart from the graphics)and I noticed that destruction in BF3 was a bit… exaggerated with climaxes in the form large buildings toppling over. I had hoped BF4 would go for better overall destruction, but it looks like it’s even less. Sure, it’s a Beta, but with the current map and the way it plays, I wouldn’t even deem it worthy the name of “BF4″.

Also, can they please start with BF1944 already?

#14 11 months ago
  15. Templar_Dante

Forget the graphics!
    The vehicle controls are abysmal! The Heli the worst offender. Nothing feels fun to drive and the heli controls are designed by a mad man. Bring back BF3 control schemes!

#15 11 months ago
  16. Striker082

I sincerely hope this game is going to improve on sound quallity cause quite frankly it sucks, bf 3 sound quallity is much better with surroundingsand battle sound effects and not a thump when you soot someone, the whole game play experience is laggy dont know what the reason is but hope its to do with the beta packadge and that it does improve, and the whole charackter that glows on outlines makes the game feel cheap and kills the whole feel of playing realistic warefare games, you shouldnt be able to spot an enemy if he doesnt want to be seen, honestly i thnk the spawning is excellent but loadout of weopons changing sucks,maybe just gets taking use too but why change it we want to play not learn how everything works from start, BF3 rules by far so far BF4 gets a 4/10 rating where as BF 3 still blows my mind even after I had it for 8months BF3 12/10

#16 11 months ago
  17. Striker082

And more…
    BF4 Graphics seems off . Dont know why but i dont think its all that good, doesnt give the feel that its a real battleground even the characters look s like its a game only meant for toddlers, so what would be prefferred really is use platform of bf3 and just give us the spawning map option and new maps and more destruction thats all hehe any case cheers to the developers hope you resolve the issues

#17 11 months ago
  18. Hcw87

@16/17
    Beta, beta, beta, beta.

People will never ever get this. The beta of BF3 was abysmal aswell, with horrible graphics/animations etc compared to the launch build.

#18 11 months ago
  19. AmiralPatate

In a nutshell, it feels like BF3. And I got bored of BF3 a long time ago. So BF4… nah. I don’t think I’ll keep playing the “beta”, and I’m quite sure I won’t buy the game.

I can elaborate a bit what makes me not like it:
    - The unlock system. Not straightforward enough. There’s unlock through vehicles, classes, weapons, levels and even battlepacks. It reminds me of why I kinda hate COD now: too much.
    - What is gameplay? Just like BF3. Maybe even simpler, since I feel like there’s almost no recoil (at least with the LMG).
    - Same players, different game. Gulf of Oman was a good map rendered annoying by all the people camping out of reach. Siege of Shanghai fells the same, except way worse.
    - Destruction, shmestruction. I saw small objects get destroyed and that’s about it. Except of course for the big skyscraper that gets boned every time.
    - Levolution: A fancy way to say you can ride elevators. By the way, elevators are a bad idea. Except if you like to get peppered as soon as the doors open. There are a few interactive objects, which felt like they had no influence whatsoever on the game.
    - Bugged to death, but it’s okay since it’s not stable either. I get a crash every half-hour. I know it’s supposed to be a beta (which I think is a big lie). I have no confidence the game will be polished at launch.

EDIT: I should add, I played on PC, 64 players.

#19 11 months ago
  20. GrimRita

I enjoyed BC2 apart from those stupid hitboxes and loved Vietnam. Missed out on BF3 and probably now BF4 because of Origin.

Personally, I think the series is losing its ‘fun’ ability by focusing too much on modern day. The beauty of Battlefield is that it wasn’t afraid to try out different scenarios, from Vietnam to the future in 2142.

Generic is probably a word I would use because it looks too much like CoD, which I don’t play as its a PC port.

#20 11 months ago
  21. Striker082

So your saying alls whell?… In the mean time BF3 tonight anyone?…
    Ill wait for the lauanch then cause ive got high blood pressure lol

#21 11 months ago
  22. powerbuoy

Except for the ridiculous framerate dips I really like it. I really hope they fix the performance though, it’s almost unplayable on GTX680.

#22 11 months ago
  23. IL DUCE

The beta didn’t represent anything with better visuals to me Dave…it looked like it was in standard def w/ low res textures the entire time

#23 11 months ago
  24. VibraniumSpork

@23 Yes! Definitely agree. Very poor textures and, if I’m honest, it somehow looked worse that BF3 (both its Beta and the full game).

Maybe this was down to pop-in lag on the server I was playing on or just Beta limitations in general but I too found it seriously underwhelming.

#24 11 months ago
  25. Templar_Dante

I got this game preordered with Fifa for PS4 at launch… Im cancelling it if its as rubbish as the Beta AND if they dont integrate BF3 controls.
    ALSO, Guys, have you realised buying BF4 Premium ONLY grants you a “discount” on the expansions and not the expansions itself?
    Nickel n’ F’n diming slime EA.

#25 11 months ago
  26. VibraniumSpork

@25 “Buying BF4 Premium ONLY grants you a “discount” on the expansions and not the expansions itself.” – http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15278303/images/1308181932113.gif

Really? Links or GTFO… ;)

#26 11 months ago
  27. KineticCalvaria

@25, yeah thats not true.

BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM INCLUDES:

- Five digital expansion packs featuring new maps and in-game content
    - Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs
    - Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
    - Priority position in server queues
    - Weekly updates with new content
    - Exclusive double XP events
    - 12 Battlepacks
    - Seamlessly transfer Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PS3 to PS4

From the official site.

#27 11 months ago
  28. DuckNation

The BETA is great i don’t care about being about to destroying all the buildings that’s not PTFO(BC2 Overrated) Depending on what you are playing on also helps PC is great considering the Download was about 4gb bigger 5.5gb on PC while only 1.5gb on 360 and 1.6gb on ps3 so considering DICE has already said that this was one of the first beta builds in fine with it. Now just to wait and get some proper next-gen gameplay for it

#28 11 months ago
  29. simonjgill

I expected a heck of alot more from this beta, seeing as we are just months away from final release!

But let us for 2min stop walking on egg shells that THIS IS BETA.

DEF:
    1be·ta : a version of a product (such as a computer program) that is almost finished and that is used for testing…

So…

1) Graphics card driver support was a frikken mess, stuttering, lagging, screen freeze. Surely the coders and testing team for the start of any project, picks some level of support for certain base version of drivers…….. ummmm NO! We had people all over the world jumping back and forth on driver version x-y-b-23.4553.b7.whateva just to get it to maybe run…

2) Certain rumours were that “they/DICE” wanted to do server load testing as part of this “beta”. “X” no. of people online complained bitterly that they just could not even load the game, so I have no idea how DICE were ever going to get good solid information or stats with this kind of connectivity.

3) Shooting and killing, was waaaaaaay too easy! I think another ploy to make the game more fun, quick and easy to get into, so there goes some of the skill out of the window or off the edge of the one tall building.

4) This was nothing more than a new wave of a game make’s stunt, to throw you a “beta” (actual PREbeta -23.45a) than to create extra hype before actual release.

But HEY!, it’s nots not all doom and gloom:
    What I will say is this, “2 game changers”, PC game version with dual screen map support and tablet/smartphone battlelog, now thats new and exciting stuff!

ova and out!

#29 11 months ago
  30. stretch215

Spotting is automatic? Terrible. Hopefully there’s still hardcore mode.

#30 11 months ago
  31. KineticCalvaria

@30, it’s not on PC. This is what I mean, the game isn’t designed for consoles.

#31 11 months ago
  32. stormingkiwi

@23, @24 – I agree.

My average FPS for BF3 is about 40 – 50 on high, with multiple programs running in the background. My average FPS for BF4 is mid-twenties, with constant dips below 10, with all non-utilitarian processes shut down through Task Manager, running on lowest settings. I’ve lowered the resolution from 1900 x 1080 to 1440 x 900 to be able to play BF4 Beta at all.

Not particularly impressed to be honest. I think Siege of Shanghai needs both attack boats.

I’m also not impressed with levelolution – I’m finding that there is a lot of “”standard”" levelolution that occurs throughout a round, and it isn’t based on any tactics “let’s prevent them from collapsing the tower, let’s collapse the tower ourselves”, but just happens over the course of the round. I had one round where the tower fell in the first 20 seconds. I think they should have done many more medium levelolution events (collapse a building to block a road, create alternative vehicle and infantry routes across the river, etc.)

Personally I like the verticality of the levels, the idea that there could be a sniper or an engie on any rooftop, and an enemy above them. But the map isn’t really suited to shotgun combat, even in domination mode, and that saddens me.

I also feel that water is really no great improvement on BF3. It’s a far cry from CryEngine level water, or even the water of The Elder Scrolls. That was disappointing in itself. No underwater passageways for us to explore and use to flank the enemy.

#32 11 months ago
  33. britsfoo

Played great on my gtx580, downloaded the new nvidia driver 331.40:

“The new GeForce 331.40 beta driver is now available to download. An essential update for all new titles including the Battlefield 4 Beta, the 331.40 beta ensures maximum performance and system stability.”

Just sayin’ always check for new drivers before griping. I remember Tomb Raider was barely at 30fps in the beginning, but every driver improved it for months: 30% increase, 16% increase, 10% increase etc etc.

Gotsa have a lil faith in those folks who do the drivers.

#33 11 months ago
  34. SplatteredHouse

@32 how much video memory does your card have? They were saying before, that the game will benefit from as much VRAM as you can give it. Recommended specs: “GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 with 3GB of memory”

#34 11 months ago
  35. Khan979

Dave, Are you aware that this is a Beta and not the full game? :)

#35 11 months ago
  36. VibraniumSpork

@35 http://media.giphy.com/media/irHPuKSWLADm/giphy.gif :D

#36 11 months ago
  37. sebastien rivas

To me it was a different experience than BF3 in terms of gameplay… mostly.
    I have nothing against wide and long openings either.
    I like how player character can visually take turn left/right which is a + to avoid being sniped.

I think Shangai is pretty cool actually but the major let down to me is that it feels the gameplay is not as responsive as in BF3 at all. everything is so smooth, it almost is like silk.

#37 11 months ago
  38. adrenilinmatt

@31 I love how pc gamers take any BF discussion as an opportunity to get on their pc master race high horse. It IS designed for consoles. Accept it, it has been designed for consoles. Its not a port. It is shipped to consoles with console features kept in mind.

#38 11 months ago
  39. KineticCalvaria

@38, I own a PC, 360, ps3, vita and have a ps4 preorder. So I’m not a pc gamer, I’m just a gamer and I’ve primarily played 360 this gen. I also own bf3 with premium on 360 and pc and can tell you they aren’t even in the same league.

I love how people who can’t afford to play on a pc try to justify the fact they sometimes get the crap ports of a pc game by turning everything into a fanboy war. Great stuff.

#39 11 months ago
  40. stormingkiwi

@SplatteredHouse – 8 gb of memory. A GT 650M, which is above the minimum, and not significantly below the minimum.

Course as a notebook card, there is no driver yet.

#40 11 months ago
  41. STOBBSIE

Well ive played the beta ,where did ea go wrong ,pretty much everywhere ,poor map design ,trying to give impression of huge maps where truth is you have a road to run on and some crappy biulding you can take down thats it ,does it feel like a BATTLEFIELD GAME, errr no! does it feel like im playing it on a nintendo wii =yes,they have taken everything what made bf3 good and made it worse bf4 will be the bf2142 of the series ,life of game 3 months,pre-order cancelled

#41 11 months ago
  42. zwoozh

Beta = blan, why? Unrealistic and gives you the feeling of, my mother was right playing video games is a waste of time. I do enjoy the counter attack when being knifed. Helo controls = jacked!!!

#42 11 months ago
  43. SCi-Fi

I feel it has a massive scope, but only a small narrow viewing angle as there is no map editor or mod tools for people to create new ideas. BF3 bored me silly and left me thinking what a waste, what people want is destruction on a large scale, not huge maps with fancy skyscrapers, with a small amount of destruction.

#43 11 months ago
  44. ACESandElGHTS

Think Dave nailed it. Here’s Shanghai–what do you always see in Shanghai? Water, but there’s not a single boat here, not even for transport. Again, here’s Shanghai, one of the largest cities in the world, and there’s like 4 cars and some garbage blowing around, with some electronic billboards and stick tickers that don’t seem to say anything. Here’s a metro station with no recorded attendant’s voice, no, I don’t know, pork bun stalls or whatever you would see and hear in a Chinese subway station. The “King of the Hill” effect you get with one accessible skyscraper is OK but why in a city the size of New York wouldn’t there be another skyscraper you could climb to start a sniper battle from?

Then there’s the combat: there were TONS of urban environments in BF3: Grand Bazaar, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi, etc, all with great layout and vehicle usage. And then we get hit with Shanghai which is just a grid if dead urban space, no blown-out buildings to inhabit, no “outlying area” (all of the Iranian/ Iraqi stuff in BF3 had, say, a hilltop to snipe from, a warehouse to hide in, a construction area, cranes, overpasses, etc) or really much to do except, like Cook said, run along the grids until encountering a enemy, shoot, die, rinse, repeat.

And the sheer ridiculousness of the tank hoars in this map–no tank traps, no TOWs, nothing to stop these idiots. This Beta was stale. As a BF4 owner, I can only hope the full release is way f’ing better.

#44 11 months ago
  45. ACESandElGHTS

PS: the BF3 playable demo of Metro was, IMO, shit but that game turned out in the end to be one of my favorites of all time. So I of course expect great things.

#45 11 months ago
  46. Thekinnay

Ok i really don’t know why people are bashing a BETA! Ok they said it would have lower graphics, it has lower graphics in the BETA because DICE wants to know if it runs smoothly, they said that. They also said that destruction would be reduced in the BETA. As for vehicles, in the picture of the 2 people shooting a helicopter at the start of the article, the helicopter is a havoc/viper, is a havoc/viper in the beta, NO. They have disabled most vehicles, in the E3 presentation there were jet-skis and boats in the waters, there aren’t in the beta! Its because they are disabled! They have disabled things, the visuals are reduced as for the destruction of the map. I don’t get how people don’t understand the term BETA, = not the full game. Don’t judge a full game by a beta!!!!!!!! P.S The controls are different, change all of your button controls to veteran and its exactly like bf3.

#46 11 months ago
  47. sebastien rivas

Boats and helicopters are not disabled, at least not during close beta, I cannot speak since open beta. Jet ski were cool to use but need a little experience when taking turn which is especially true when taking turn on waves or you just go for a spin and look like a duck in a pond for a brief moment.
    Though the helicopter gunner was in my experience bugged because it would reload normally until I start shooting at another helicopter which then would take 5 times longer to reload.

Also I never suffered of any stutter, lags etc. though I remained on closest NFO servers to my city. I assume my game settings were at lowest due to my video card but I was impressed the game could still run on my machine. And yes I judge the beta by saying I love the crossed open spaces but the map lacks of defensive/offensive strategy like cars or blocks of concretes meanwhile what is great is this multi deck map ideal in/out of a building, 1st, underground or upper floor of a building or bridge. But usually, once you start moving, you just must not stop until crossing a good block if not 2 blocks which leaves you pretty much at the mercy of the enemy because you can’t know what is going on past a block.

Good game, yes, it is a good game and I like it but the ultra smooth gameplay is what brings it down for me and I hope Di/ce will make BF4 more pop/responsive.
    In the meantime, Shangai is going to be GREAT for Commander mode, mark my word!

#47 11 months ago
  48. sebastien rivas

Good game, yes, it is a good game and I like it but the ultra smooth gameplay is what brings it down for me and I hope Dice will make BF4 more pop/responsive.
    In the meantime, Shangai is going to be GREAT for Commander mode, mark my word!

#48 11 months ago
  49. wargodadams

I know this thread is older, but I can’t believe no one posted a link to this interview:

In short: BC2 level destruction will be available on certain maps. It won’t be available on maps like SoS because they say it isn’t fun when everything is rubble on that map.

#49 10 months ago
  50. Cybermancer23

i played the beta and other then the few glitches i found it is the best multiplayer fps iv played yet
    this is just my opinion so dont give me your “noob” crap

#50 10 months ago
  51. wargodadams

@#50 – Dude… you are a noob! JUST KIDDING!!!! I had SO much fun playing the beta and I couldn’t agree more! Obviously it’s not as polished as it could be and I tended to play on the 32 man infantry map, but this is far and away the best of the battlefield series. I am feverishly waiting for the 29th… the day my wife becomes a BF4 widow!

#51 10 months ago