Battlefield 4 beta bug list goes live, DICE now working on known issues

Wednesday, 2nd October 2013 10:15 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 is now in beta, and users have been reporting a number of bugs from all builds. DICE has now posted the list online and has stressed it is working to remedy the problems.

The beta went live yesterday and I’ve been playing it, so stay tuned for some opinions on that later this week.

EA_Chem posted the following bug list on the Battlelog forum and said that they are being looked in to now.

PC

• We have received reports of Freezes and Crashes affecting the BF4 Beta client. Our team is currently investigating this matter and we will update you here as soon as we know more.
  • If you are affected by a Freeze or a Crash upon joining a game, and the error message “BF4 Beta has stopped working” appears, please make sure your Windows is fully updated and your Graphic card is running on its latest driver. Alternatively, some players using GeForce drivers were able to fix this by downgrading their driver to an earlier version.
  • We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.
  • Please note that the Battlefield 4 Beta does not support Win32 and 32 Bit operating systems.
  • Video settings may not be saved after rebooting the game.
  • The tooltip “E” to enter the Venom is visible at a 400 meter distance.

Xbox 360

• Player stats in Battledash may not match the stats displayed on Battlelog.
  • You may experience an 8 seconds non-interactive pause, when leaving a Multiplayer session or after pressing Start when booting the game.
  • You may be floating if you jump on the bollards.
  • Cruise Missiles may not destroy any vehicle dropped by Vehicle Drop.
  • The requirements for unlock criteria may not be displayed.
  • Two flag icons may appear overlapping on each other at each flag point.
  • The first attachment of any weapon that is not unlocked, will be the only attachment shown for the first unlocked weapon.

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• If you’re disconnected from the EA Servers, the Main Menu tiles remains fixed in the front end.

PlayStation 3

• When you choose to quit during the EOR, you may be able to see “underworld” for 1 second.
  • The camera transition before the EOR screen is under water.
  • If you destroy an enemy tank near the Flag A, it may triggers the map’s Mini-Levolution event.
  • If you quit from the XMB™ menu after the “Press Start” screen, you may experience a forced shutdown.
  • The background screen for the losing team during EOR, is placed “under the game world” for Domination and Obliteration game modes.
  • The Hit Indicator is not present when shooting at enemies.
  • The EOD Bot can’t arm or disarm MCOMs on Rush mode.
  • If you disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable while playing, the Game may remain in an endless loading loop.
  • You may not be able to perform a knife takedown on an enemy using the TAW Launcher.
  • If you sign out from PSN while loading into a MultiPlayer server, you may experience an infinite loading screen.
  • In the Soldier Progression menu, you may be able to see upcoming vehicle unlocks that will not be available in the Beta.
  • You may be able to see several Medals, Ribbons, and Dog Tags in the “My Soldier” menu.

Have you encountered any of these issues? Let us know below.

Via MP1st.

1. Yoshi

I haven’t been able to even join a damn game :/ It just stayed at joining server.

I really can’t believe this is where BF4 currently stands with its build. It was similar with BF3 beta. Seriously, do companies not do proper internal testing anymore?

#1 12 months ago
  2. Xbone

I was about to preorder it, but with my unusually low performance, I wont. I will wait for the full release, try it and maybe then I will buy it.

#2 12 months ago
  3. VibraniumSpork

I haven’t experienced any bugs on the PS3 Beta (yet) but I will say that this thing is uuuuuugly, as well as coming across as a little uninspired. Really re-considering picking this up at launch now. I know it’s a Beta, but still…at least the BF3 Beta actually had me jazzed for the full product.

#3 12 months ago
  4. Fin

“8 seconds non-interactive pause”

Most creative wording for “hang” I’ve ever seen.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Dave Cook

I am really bored by the beta. It lacks heart. Still a colossal technical achievement, but where’s the soul?

(It was sucked out of the series after Bad Company 2 imo)

Blogging my experience tomorrow on the site. Stay tuned.

#5 12 months ago
  6. wickedcricket

I like how first impression of BF4 for many is a big disappointment. How people are not satisfied with “overall effect” and are more frequently bragging about BF4 being a BF 3,5. The truth is that this is a really entertaining game (At last!) and DICE picked everything what’s the best in MP from BF2 and BC2 and put it into BF4 + Frostbite3. Game really feels like BF2 with better graphics (which I expected from BF3 to be – and was very disappointed) and (improved) BC2 mechanics. That might prevent masses of buying this game and only (hopefully) true BF Series enthusiasts and HC fans to pick it up and play it, meaning it will decrease the amount of 11 year old kids and bunch of douchey noobs in MP game and finally stress how TP is (and always was) important in BF… but what do I know? I don’t share the mainstream opinion.

#6 12 months ago
  7. fengato

As an Aussie on Xbox (and those from NZ), we’re still not able to get in on the action. Utterly ridiculous when the BF4 Beta was sold as a part of the MOH WF package. EA are incompetent at this sort of thing.

#7 12 months ago
  8. Dave Cook

@6 “DICE picked everything what’s the best in MP from BF2 and BC2 and put it into BF4 + Frostbite3″

I categorically disagree with this.

Bad Company 2′s format is different. So much more fun than BF3 and BF4 so far.

#8 12 months ago
  9. VibraniumSpork

@6 + @8 I agree with Dave. Seeing nothing of this marked improvement or sense of entertainment mentioned by wickedcricket in the Beta.

At best it looks like more of the same…at worst it looks like the current-gen versions may be suffering badly in the shadow of the next-gen versions. That map seems way, way too big for 32 players to me.

Dave, do you know if smaller portions of BF4 maps are being made available for the 360/PS4 versions or are these the 64 player maps just copied over to a 32 player game (if that makes sense)?

#9 12 months ago
  10. Dave Cook

@9 Yeah it makes sense, but I’ve no idea sadly.

My blog tomorrow will get a lot of people upset. I say that I liked it, understand it’s just a beta, but as a self-contained beta it doesn’t suggest much in the way of new ideas and yeah, it’s just boring.

I do stress repeatedly though that I can still see the fun potential and that the full game will likely be brilliant. In the end, it’s too small and early to say anything concretely.

Still, can’t wait for the shit-storm of abuse to begin. I’m going to ignore the comments.

#10 12 months ago
  11. wickedcricket

@8 I understand your opinion Dave, I know that you are a COD “enthusiast” and like fast action, get-your-kill-asap person/gamer – nothing wrong with that. I remember when I first sat to BC2 (after as far as I remember spending 600hrs in MW2 – not to mention around 3500hrs in BF2) and my first impression was: Why is everything here sooo slow and sluggish? Taking a distance from one point to another was a pain, at least for me. But I got use to it and yeah you are right it was a lot fun (still is I guess). But when you look at the game in long term (getting used to it) scenario and see how things has evolved FROM BF2 and BC2 you will see my point. Bad Company format IS different I agree (it meant to be – it’s more or less same as in MOH) but core mechanics, the feel, is the more or less the same (Ok maybe not exactly the same but better – it has evolved from the point where it was left in BC2 and BF2). BF4 is the same way slow&sluggish as in BC2: running, picking up weapons, changing weapon, switching kits, vehicle mechanics. That is my impression and more importantly I like it much better than in BF3.

#11 12 months ago
  12. VibraniumSpork

@10 Well, you can only call it as you sees it! Seems like I’ll dig your assessment though, sounds spot on.

One small but really jarring thing I also found was how slick and gorgeous the opening cinematic and menus are compared to the gameplay. “Oh yeah, this is looking great!,” I though as it booted up…when I got in game I was stunned by how feeble it looks and plays.

I thought BF4 would be an easy choice for me on PS4 launch day. Not so sure now. May try sticking with KZ for the first few weeks and then assessing the BF/COD choice from there. Sadly some of that decision will be kinda made by what my clan/PS Friends are playing -_- #firstworldproblems

#12 12 months ago
  13. lop78

@1 dont use quickmatch or whatever that quick start setting is, i had the same problem 5 or six times browse servers and pick a game that isnt quite full yet 3-4 open slots got me in first try every time

#13 12 months ago
  14. OwnedWhenStoned

@6 If they had taken everything that was best from BF2 we would still have private servers.

#14 12 months ago
  15. wickedcricket

@10 don’t worry Dave I respect your opinion a lot here and actually waiting forward to see your Beta Review.

And as I said before I really like that people don’t like BF4. Yeah I know games should really have entertaining factor as big as possible (especially in MP FPS) but nobody notices how TP is stressed here and how BF4 is no longer “Lone Wolf” game anymore.

I’ll be having a lot of fun with my clan mates and will be getting a 64p server for sure for this. :)

#15 12 months ago
  16. Hcw87

What exactly made BC2 better? I had alot of fun in that game myself, but going back to it now i honestly can’t see how it’s the better game.

BF3/4 has more maps/vehicles/weapons/assignments etc etc, together with Battlelog. BC2/1 had none of those.

#16 12 months ago
  17. Dave Cook

@17 The ability to destroy more of the scenery.

Battlelog doesn’t interest me in the slightest. More weapons that all feel similar does not excite me when snipers from over the map can take you down in one shot. Vehicles are also all quite similar.

It’s a hard thing to place tbh, but BF3 just felt dull to me. Sterile even. Bad Company 2 was a pure blast.

I’m not alone on this, but yet I find it hard to explicitly say why it was better.

#17 12 months ago
  18. metralha16

Isso é para quem nao concegue entra no jogo

É SÓ BAIXA, NO CASO VAI TER VARIOS PARA BAIXA É SÓ BAIXA ESSE AQUI windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe 903.2 MB LINK ABAIXO ;)

SE FOI DE GRANDE AJUDA NÃO CUSTA NADA DA UM LIKE PARA AJUDA,MAS SE NÃO FOI AO MENOS TENTEI VLW GALERA ABS E ATÉ A PROXIMA AHUHAUAHSUAHUAHUAHU…

isso serve tmb para aqueles q nao concegue entra no jogo ;)

#18 12 months ago
  19. Hcw87

I agree on the destruction part.

I think some people find BC2 better because BC2 was a fresh experience after only having Call of Duty/Halo to play online for a long time. It was new and it did alot of things right. It’s hard for a game to live up to that, and i’m sure Half Life 3 will fall into the same trap if it ever comes out.

This is also why WoW players allways goes back to WoW after playing a new MMO for a while. They just can’t shake the experience they had in their first game.

If you never played BC2 i’m sure you would have liked BF3 a whole lot more.

#19 12 months ago
  20. absolutezero

I on the other hand put hundreds of hours into Battlefield 2 (and to a lesser extent 1942, Vietnam and 2142) and as such, I also fucking hate BF3 and have little to no interest in BF4.

If you are interested Planetside 2 offers gameplay far more similar to BF2 than any of the games since.

#20 12 months ago
  21. Dave Cook

@20 Yeah I think you’re right. I had grown tired of COD and wanted something fresh. I was hooked on BC2 from release right up to the end of BC: Vietnam. The whole thing was just superb imo.

With BF4, yes the format has improved, but it feels too similar to BF3. I think I’m honestly getting bored of shooter pack.

I’m not even that fussed about CoD Ghosts, and I’m a fan of the series.

Titanfall can’t come soon enough.

#21 12 months ago
  22. wickedcricket

@17 & @18 I agree with all of that – what you forget was the humor element you could experience in SP.

4 individuals and story in the game that was actually great and funny – that’s what made BC2 game awesome, oh and not to mention that BC1 was a console exclusive and people felt the need for this game on PC, oh and maybe a fact that at that time there was no other game with vehicles, destructive environment, advanced graphics (times of 8800GTS) like that and maybe (coming back to SP story) I just couldn’t simply let this game go…

#22 12 months ago
  23. Llewelyn_MT

As much as would like to play it I’m getting frame rates 10-20 times worse on Low in Battlefield 4 than on Medium in Battlefield 3. -.-

#23 12 months ago
  24. Doppleganger

Would have loved to be able to try the game if it was on my damn xbox 360! Battlefield 3 gave me the pop up that its available as Im a premium owner and I dont see NATHING!.

#24 12 months ago
  25. mark6IKX

So I was starting battlefield… not realizing I was signed in on my other computer.. Instead of launching battlelog.. It Launched the game.. So I’ve seen the Intro video for the game..

Here’s the kicker.. I recorded it :)

You can watch it here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI3YM4riMYA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWhQyb8DXkbUi5pQwxp2pLg

#25 12 months ago
  26. Dave Cook

@26 the intro video was the most exciting part of the beta.

#26 12 months ago
  27. powerbuoy

> We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.

Glad they’re working on this. It baffles me that it can run so much worse than BF3 seeing as it’s the same engine. (I get ~40FPS in BF4 with constant dips as low as 5 whereas in BF3 I run it pretty much constantly at ~80FPS (both at ULTRA)).

#27 12 months ago
  28. Dendroball

#28 Well no it’s not exactly the same engine as it is Frosbite 3 vs. Frostbite 2, what you said would be like saying Unreal Engine 4 is the same engine as Unreal Engine 3, which makes no sense at all.

#28 12 months ago
  29. xxJPRACERxx

Really like the beta so far and placed my pre-order. Gameplay wise I really like it. Problems I encounter are low performance, stuck at loading screen, CDT and not able to respawn after death.

About BC2 and BF3 I had a blast too playing BC2 but I tried it a couple of months ago after many hours of BF3 and I think BF3 is much better.

#29 12 months ago
  30. Os Money

BC2 had much better level design than BF3. Though I prefer the over quicker pace in BF3 (fast but not twitchy)

#30 12 months ago
  31. cyborg913

Honestly nobody is talking about what REALLY should be said: this game looks like absolute SHIT! It LITERALLY makes me angry. I’ve never felt so slighted by a company I respected. I mean how do they at all get away with showing that beauty at E3 and GAMESCOM and then follow it up with this? The lack of detail in all aspects is both an eye sore and down right aggravating. If you ask me they may have sealed their fate with this beta. They managed to come back after the BF3 Beta and regain some doubters but this… This is gonna take some serious work

#31 12 months ago
  32. cyborg913

Oh and another issue to add; the icon for reversing a knife isn’t always displayed

#32 12 months ago
  33. Djmiki_Esp

I have a bug which don´t let you play bf4 beta, and it happens in hundreds of persons, it says, dat is a fail with DirectX and in the end of the bug report says the name of your graphic card, it´s really anoying pls fix it, pls.

#33 12 months ago
  34. Zore1

what are you lot playing on a 5 year old PC or a xbox , ps3 the game runs fine and looks good but i upgrade my pc every year but that’s what a gamer does , as for the bugs have ya not played on a beta before this is working fine , if ya wanna talk about bad run game’s that went live WoW would crash all the time and for years

#34 12 months ago
  35. Azurwrath6

someone please help me?! I went to pre-order battlefield 4 pc download and premium, And when I entered the credit card number and stuff and then clicked on review order or something like that and then clicked checkout and it took me right back to the previous page. I don’t know if it charged it or not, on my order history it doesn’t show. So is it going to unlock on day one or did I do something wrong?! please help!

#35 11 months ago
  36. Hcw87

Log in to your bank and check there.

#36 11 months ago