Super Mario 3D World screenshots and video show platforming fun

Tuesday, 1st October 2013 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Nintendo has released screenshots for Super Mario 3D World and you can look at the platformer below. We’ve already posted the trailer here, but we’ve slotted it in again below. Super Mario 3D World is out on November 22 in North America and on November 29 in the UK.

1. pcbros

System seller…

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Graphics and playability look incredible!

First party games (as always) will look incredible on Wii U and it shows that It’s incredibly hard to maintain this level of quality throughout a titles duration, something Cerny looks to be severely struggling when looking at ‘Knack’.

Until devs can consistently better Nintendo’s efforts, they will always have a place in the gaming landscape IMO.

#2 1 year ago
  3. pcbros

I enjoy the charm, personality and creativity they bring to gaming.

These games just put a smile on your face :D

#3 1 year ago
  4. fearmonkey

It looks beautiful, and If I owned a Wii this would be a must have.

Maybe when it gets cheaper one day, This game looks great!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Wouldn’t that be a better love letter to the naysayers, if they were present ;)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Lengendaryboss

Perfect gif: http://iambrony.jsmart.web.id/mlp/gif/naysayers.gif?1311711258

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

Their always there… Lurking in the shadows…! :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. Doppleganger

Thumps up to everything but the turning into a cat. I love cats but couldn’t they pick something more interesting?

#8 1 year ago
  9. Sini

People who own a wii u are impressed.
    People who don’t care for wii u are not swayed.

#9 1 year ago
  10. pcbros

@8 – How can you not like sneaking up to someone cat style and then pouncing them! :D

@9 – I don’t own a Wii U and I’m very impressed. The art style alone has me hooked.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Schwarzerwind

Definitely a system seller! Very much looking forward to this one! So jazzed I can play as Peach again finally!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Professor Zoom

#1 You’re joking right? How is it a system seller? It’s not even in the top 40 preorder chart in Wii U’s core market which is the US. Wii U is dead in the water, by the time XO and PS4 is out, it will even do worser.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Legendaryboss

And not a single fuck was given.

#13 1 year ago
  14. pcbros

@12 – I never preordered a Wii game in the past. I’m thinking of buying a Wii U because of Super Mario 3D World, that would make it a system seller in my eyes.

But since you enjoy numbers so much, I guess the fact that the Playstation 4 has more preorders, has a 40% faster GPU and costs less than a Xbox One means the Xbox One will fail too right?

“worser”

You’re joking right?

#14 1 year ago
  15. Professor Zoom

So you mean it’s a system seller for you and then it’s also a system seller in general? Because it doesn’t look so good so far, there’s only 7 weeks till release and it’s doing worser than Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Ghosts, Pokemon, Lego Marvel, Watch dogs, Gran turismo and even a game called Skylanders Swap Force which is a Wii 1 game, W101 or Pikmin 3 didn’t get much competition, but Super Mario World will come out in a time where there’s even much bigger competition.

PS4 is doing better than XO? The PS4 has 7 games in the preorder list, XO has 9 games in the list and Wii has 1 game in the list. XO has the most awarded exclusives: 100 awards for exclusive games at E3 vs. 42 for PS4. So so far I think the XO is a huge success comparing it to PS4 and Wii U. Now tell me, how many awards did the Wii U games get?

#15 1 year ago
  16. Legendaryboss

One does not simply have any logic.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Ireland Michael

@15 Why do you care so much? Why can’t the guy just be looking forward to the game?

@16 I thought you were ignoring platform trolls?

#17 1 year ago
  18. Legendaryboss

@Michael
    I don’t recall saying i would ignore them.

#18 1 year ago
  19. manamana

Beyond awesomeness the catsuit is. System seller.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Professor Zoom

#17 I don’t care at all. He can feel free to look forward to it, I’m just questioning those who say that as soon as this game and that game comes out, the Wii U will start selling.

#20 1 year ago
  21. Ireland Michael

@20 Even if its not a million units, if it convinces people to buy the machine in large quantities, it’s still a system seller. I can easily seeing this game pushing a few hundred thousand extra Wii U’s.

If ever there was a system seller, its a 3D Mario game.

#21 1 year ago
  22. DSB

Am I the only one who hated Galaxy? It didn’t really have that crazy mechanical playfulness that I expect from a good Mario game. It was just stupid.

#22 1 year ago
  23. wildBoar

I’m starting to see why they did the cat thing. Nintendo’s been watching viral videos. And my god if it’s not gonna work yet again..

I prefer dogs Nintendo.. But I have no doubt they kicked in a bunch of pugs as well.. Stare in awe at Nintendo’s incredible mass market pleasing genius.

I hate cats.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Professor Zoom

#21 I didn’t say that it wouldn’t sell some Wii U’s, but it will have plenty of competition, so I have a hard time believing that it will beat the record or sell much more than Pikmin 3 or W101. It definitely won’t outsell any of the previeous 3D Mario games and it definitely won’t sell more Wii U’s than the amount of XOs or PS4s, and you can easily predict this by looking at the preorder list because it’s not even there and its countless of times worser than GTA 5, because that game was number 1 on the list basically for 1 full year and now 9 XO games are on the list, only 1 Wii game is on the list, this is easily a sign that the XO will destroy the Wii U once it’s out. All the big games that are coming out this year have been on the preorder list for a long time, this game has never been up there, so so far it doesn’t look so good for Nintendo, the Gamecube is outselling the Wii U month by month.

#24 1 year ago
  25. wildBoar

@24 you know.. I’ll be really fucking dissapointed if people don’t get off their asses to buy Wonderful 101 but are willing to buy fucking Mario instead….

In which case that’s a Platinum game fucking wasted right there.. If any good sir gets that one up on the Bay with a crack, I’ll loudly applaud them.
    Considering how intensely possessive Nintendo is of their content that’s doubtful tho.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Ireland Michael

@22 I loved Galaxy 1 & 2. Some of my favourite gaming experiences this gen.

@24 So what? It doesn’t have to beat the competition to be a system seller. Why does it need to be compared to another console?

I think it will easily do better than 101 and Pikmin 3 though, purely on name alone. Pikmin 3 was always going to be niche, and 101 was never going to be a system seller, regardless of its quality.

#26 1 year ago
  27. wildBoar

@26 Yeah that’s true.. Fresh interesting concepts never do sell all that well, that’s basically the story of Platinum’s library.

But Mario’s way more of a seller however. That’s how the world works after all.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Ireland Michael

@27 I’m sure it’s going to be a perfectly solid game. The Mario franchise has had plenty of fresh takes on the character. That doesn’t diminish the quality of Platinum’s efforts.

Brand recognition is an important as anything else nowadays if a company wants to be sustainable long term.

#28 1 year ago
  29. wildBoar

@28 True, I guess that’s why I like Platinum so much, and why Nintendo hasn’t made a new Ip since about 10 years ago right?

But yes, it’s all business, you hit it right on the head.

#29 1 year ago
  30. pcbros

@15 – Who cares about individual game pre-orders. What matters to number nazis is system pre-orders…

Quote from the latest VGChartz Info:
    “Up until the week ending August 24 the PlayStation 4 currently leads in the total number of pre-orders in the US with about 600,000. The Xbox One is still lagging behind with 350,000 pre-orders.” (Link)

These are US pre-orders only, where Microsoft supposedly should be taking the lead.

So if we go by the numbers, it’s easy to see who will fail. But don’t go canceling your Xbox One pre-order just yet because fortunately for you, numbers don’t mean everything.

@26 – Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 were some of my favorite games as well. Nintendo has yet to let me down with a Mario game and Super Mario 3D World looks to be no exception.

@29 – I do feel bad about The Wonderful 101, it was quite unique and was a rare Wii U exclusive.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Dragon

Just some info about VGChartz pre-order numbers, They are very unreliable (especially in software).
    The pre-order tracking is pretty awful there and its, at best, only useful to indicate anything if there is a very big discrepancy.

On topic, hopefully its the system seller Wii U needs. The impact it will have eventually is up for debate though.

#31 1 year ago
  32. Digital Bamboo

These screens look much better than earlier ones.

Anyone else think the princess in a jar could be Luigi’s illegitimate cross-species daughter with a Toad?

He looks pretty devastated.

#32 1 year ago
  33. Telepathic.Geometry

This looks way WAY better than the reveal of this game, at which time I was not giving a fuck, whereas now I’m frothing at the mouth. And also, this game will be a system seller. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being a troll or retarded.

#33 1 year ago
  34. Dragon

“Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being a troll or retarded.”

Great point…not.

“My opinion is more correct than your opinion”.

#34 1 year ago
  35. DrDamn

I didn’t get on with Galaxy at all. I thought it actually controlled fairly poorly :-O and was hampered by the Wii controller.

After initial disappointment in the announcement I am quite liking the videos of this now though. Not really the new innovative 3D Mario designed around the system that WiiU needed, but it does look like a lot of fun. I found NSMWU disappointing, hopefully this can win me back.

Could you maybe, just the once, think about releasing a bloody demo for it Nintendo? I went to the eShop the other day and looked at available demos for WiiU. The list given how long the machine has been out was pitiful. Nintendo’s own track record with demos is particularly poor, so I’m not holding my breath for this one.

#35 1 year ago
  36. elem187

@29, apparently in your world Xenoblade, Pandoras Tower, Pushmo/Crashmo, Dillon Rolling Western and Wonderful 101 don’t count as new IP’s because…. reasons.

@35, why would Nintendo release a demo for this game? Everyone knows 3D Mario, not many people are going to be swayed by playing a demo….. Also, Nintendo doesn’t control whether a game gets a demo or not unless they publish it. They can’t start posting demos of Ubisoft software without the permission of Ubisoft

#36 1 year ago
  37. elem187

Also, a skilled gamer can adapt to any control scheme, not everything has to control like every other game in the world to be considered a great game…. Case in point, a skilled gamer can adapt to Wonderful 101′s unique controls and have a fantastic time, yet all the unskilled gears who reviewed the game go it bad reviews because of their own lack of an ability to adapt to something new….. It’s like if a game doesn’t play exactly like other bland triple AAA games its overlooked by the general population.

#37 1 year ago