New Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow, focuses on Wii U & 3DS games coming later this year

Monday, 30th September 2013 09:57 GMT By Dave Cook

Nintendo has announced yet another Nintendo Direct web-cast, this time focusing on Wii U and 3DS titles coming out before year’s end.

The stream will kick off 7am Pacific, 10am Eastern and 3pm UK.

We’re not sure exactly what will be discussed, but you can bet Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X & Y, Wii Fit U and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are up for consideration.

Are you looking forward to any of the above? Let us know below.

1. Pytox

#1 11 months ago
  2. SplatteredHouse

Nintendo platform only good for Nintendo (see news forum thread.)

#2 11 months ago
  3. jakrabbit

I wish Nintendo would realize that it’s the innovation in their games and not their hardware that has keep them going this long.
    I hope at some point they make a console that doesn’t look like a kids toy and is technically up to date.

#3 11 months ago
  4. Francis O

@4 And forces them to lose millions of dollars like Sony and MS from not making a profit on hardware sales?

Let Nintendo be Nintendo. There style is to make cheaper hardware so they are not losing a ton of money on each unit sold, or they are profiting on each unit sold.

#4 11 months ago
  5. jakrabbit

@4 just to be clear you can be technically up to date with out the premium price tag and still make money.
    Remember part of the cost of consoles is marketing, how much i don’t know, but the thing is if you can’t sell the numbers and your marketing expenditure begins to exceed sales targets then on top of that you have to compete against new “flashier” products (PS4/XBOX1)

#5 11 months ago
  6. fearmonkey

@4 – The only problem is that much cheaper Hardware isn’t really that much cheaper than a PS4 this fall/winter.

I understand what your saying, but they should have lowered the price to $250.00, I can’t imagine its going to be a big seller against the Xbone and PS4 this year.

#6 11 months ago
  7. antraxsuicide

@6 +1

Exactly right. People buying consoles at launch just don’t care about price. If you’re willing to drop $500+ (with games) on a system, an extra $100 won’t matter for something that you’re investing in for 8-10 years. The Wii U’s big problem (for me, at least) is that it needs to prove it can last that long. I know I’ll get my money’s worth with the X1 over 10 years.

#7 11 months ago
  8. pcbros

I agree. I’m all for the hardware being less powerful but why doesn’t the price tag reflect it?

I stick by my opinion that the second screen really hurt the Wii U. The Wii U needs a sub-$250 price tag with a downloadable game but the GamePad is making it really hard to lower the price any more.

Right now we have a $300 Wii U w/ Wind Waker and 32GB storage vs a $250 PS3 w/ Uncharted 3 and 250GB storage.

Unless you are a huge Nintendo fan (like me), why would you even consider the Wii U? The PS3 has a huge library of games already too.

#8 11 months ago
  9. Sini

tomorrow’s please understand regarding DKCTF delay will be discussed.

#9 11 months ago