Mighty No.9 Kickstarter adds Vita and 3DS stretch goal

Friday, 27th September 2013 16:09 GMT By Dave Owen

Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No.9 has announced a PS Vita stretch goal, as Sony’s Shahid Ahmad stated earlier at the EG Expo. Ahmad’s role is chiefly to bring indie games onto Sony’s handheld, and the spiritual successor to Mega Man will be a great addition.

The Kickstarter campaign for Mighty No.9 has already been doing incredibly well, currently sitting on around $2,600,000 with 4 days to go.

It’s original funding goal was a relatively paltry $900,000. Stretch goals already reached will bring the game onto PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

According to the latest update to the Kickstarter page, $3.5 million Comcept will bring Might No.9 to Vita and Nintendo 3DS as a digital release.

This means the project needs to raise around $900,000 in four days. It seems a tall order, but as I type this the amount pledged is already climbing by the thousand.

1. FeaturePreacher

Wow, these indie games sure are bringing development costs down to the cheap levels of $2.6 million. I just hope there’s PS4-psvita cross play and cross buy with this.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Froseidon

Can Kickstarter stretch goals be funded after the main funding has ended? 4 days left doesn’t leave much room to hit many more stretch goals…

#2 10 months ago
  3. naffgeek

Why don’t Sony just fund the extra for a Vita version?

Surely it would be the cheapest dev layout they have ever made!

Or am I being dumb?

#3 10 months ago
  4. ysleiro

I backed the project. Now I wait.

#4 10 months ago
  5. XanderZane

I’m about to back it myself. I really like the look of the game, even though this seems like a MegaMan clone. It seems the developer wants to take it to the next level. I wasn’t happy that Capcom cancelled MegaMan Universe, so I’ll support the developers who were working on that title before Capcom canned it.

#5 10 months ago
  6. XanderZane

Ok, so I just backed it with $40. It’s not at 2,666,205 and steadily climbing every 5-10mins. It needs to get to $3,500,000 to reach it’s next stretch goal. I’ve only backed 4 projects on Kickstarter. One was for my cousin, but he didn’t reach his goal.

#6 10 months ago