Shadow Warrior’s launch trailer has got the touch and the power

Thursday, 26th September 2013 21:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Flying Wild Hog’s Shadow Warrior remake is out today on PC, and to prepare you for the crazy, the developer has released the launch trailer. It even has our titular hero singing along with Stan Bush’s “You’ve Got The Touch.” Insane. Don’t forget: if you own a copy of Saints Row 4 on Steam, you’ll find a bonus weapon in Shadow Warrior – SR’s signature purple dildo bat. Awesome.

1. YoungZer0

Play it right now. This game has one- no the most satisfying fps melee combat ever made. It shits on Dark Messiah. Get this game, it’s insanely awesome. I haven’t even touched the other weapons, the Katana is just too much fun. There’s still so much to discover.

It’s the perfect mix between new and old. Corny one-liners, self-aware humor. SECRET paths that lead to SECRET items that make your character or his weapons stronger. A perfect mix of medipacks and regenerating health. Not too fast and far from slow.

It’s just fucking brilliant. If you have even a little bit of love for the oldschool, get it. If you don’t, get it anyway, because it’s not a step back. It takes all the important things from oldschool FPS and perfectly combines it with modern FPS mechanics.

Also it’s fantastically optimized.

GET IT!

#1 10 months ago
  2. fearmonkey

I’ll be definitely getting this eventually, but I have too many games right now that I need to play before buying.

#2 10 months ago
  3. TheWulf

Wait, what the eff? This is that Shadow Warrior? I never made the connection, so I just skipped over it. I… never thought anyone would remake that Shadow Warrior, I guess. And it’s not terrible? Then again, Rise of the Triad wasn’t terrible, either.

What’s going on? This isn’t the boring reality I’ve become accustomed to since sometime around ’04-’05.

Hokay. So I’m buying this, then? It’s actually a good remake?

#3 10 months ago
  4. YoungZer0

It’s a fantastic remake. It’s different, yet the same. I really lack the proper words for it. I think it’s far better than Rise of the Triads. Much better. Watch the WTF by TotalBiscuit.

Edit: Oh my god, it’s so oddly self-aware.

I just walked to a dead end, and there was a single texture looking like it would go further (you know, those kind of textures).

If you step closer to it, you realize it’s just a piece of cloth hanging around, with tears showing enemies from the developers previous game HARD RESET.

As if this is where Shadow Warrior ends and HARD RESET begins. :P

#4 10 months ago
  5. YoungZer0

Oh man, it just keeps getting better and better.

Just had a very memorable fight with a dark rabbit. In some areas you see rabbits hopping about, some of them have sex, I usually just kill them.

Did that a few minutes ago with a couple of rabbits and suddenly the surviving rabbit turned black and attacked me, the ingame music changed to Death Metal and it nearly killed me. O:

Nice mini-boss fight.

#5 10 months ago
  6. TheWulf

Welp, you’ve sold it. And you know I’m a sucker for this sort of thing, so fine, I’m on board with this. The trailer helped too, I admit. I feel slightly conflicted because whilst I’m a bit iffy about the updated gore, I love pretty much everything else I see. Though I had the same reservations with Deadpool and I played that through, so don’t worry.

So yeah, I’ve grabbed this, and I’ll leave it downloading and give it a run through tomorrow. Of course, there is the lovely addition of how I’ll have the Saints Row dildo bat in there too, which is going to add awkward hilarity. So yeah, I’m up for this. Or down for this. Or whatever it is we say these days.

#6 10 months ago
  7. YoungZer0

Yep, yep, yep. My job here is done. 8)

#7 10 months ago