Persona 4 Arena sequel is called The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold

Thursday, 26th September 2013 14:51 GMT By Dave Owen

Atlus has offered up some details on the Persona 4 Arena sequel, which is snappily titled Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold. The story leads on from the first game, with the Investigation Team and Shadow Walkers looking into the ‘wire puller’ when things begin to get pretty crazy. Space time distortion will do that, I suppose. The debut trailer is inside.

If you can make sense of the story you’re doing better than I am.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold is due out in Japanese Arcades early this winter.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Ale12_02

Im not the biggest fighting game fan but I loved the persona arena story and I hope to see a western release of this :D

#1 1 year ago
  2. dizzygear

Now with more region lock! Release date for Europe somewhere in 2020.

#2 1 year ago
  3. salarta

Might care if Rise becomes playable, or MAYBE if Persona 2 women get added. If neither, then I’ll just pass like I did the last game.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Unlimax

They almost spell my Nickname :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

@3 – Could you be any more of an Otaku. Christ.

Anyway, his one sale won’t matter, like it didn’t matter with the first one. I’ll happily buy it now that I know it’s an actual sequel, not an update.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Clupula

“things begin to get pretty crazy”

Old-school Dante confirmed. ;)

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

Meh, still not enough fighters. Really regret buying the first one. Played it once and never had the urge to play it again.

#7 1 year ago
  8. dizzygear

@5 This is an arcade announcement. There is no console announcement yet.

Its unsure if this will make it to the consoles because P4A’s console version *did* bomb pretty hard quite possibly thanks to the region lock debacle and the stupidly long delayed EU launch.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Lengendaryboss

If this was a console announcement it would probably be exclusive to Japan, because SEGA.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@8 – Uh, no, it didn’t, unless you’re only counting Japanese 360 sales or maybe whatever happened in Europe, which, to be quite honest, as an American, I didn’t pay any attention to. Maybe it just won’t come to Europe. Did great on the Japanese PS3 and did very well in the States.

This is pretty much guaranteed to come out, at least, on PS3/PS4 in Japan and the States. That’s really all I care about.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Clupula

WHEN, not if, this gets a console release, I do expect it to have an extra character or two, though.

#11 1 year ago
  12. dizzygear

Whatever happened in Europe was that the game came out 8 fucking months after the NA launch due to Atlus dragging their feet with supplying Zen United with a European build of the game.
    When it did come out nobody gave a fuck anymore and those that did refused to pay full price for a near year old game. Not to mention the ones that insisted on buying a used copy to avoid supporting the only region locked game on the PS3.

But even if will come out on consoles, with Sega in charge now it might not make it to the west at all. *shrugs*

#12 1 year ago
  13. Clupula

@12 – Yeah, it does sound like you guys got royally screwed on that one.

But it did well enough in the States and Japan, that the sequel will, at least, definitely come out here and there. Sega didn’t close Atlus USA’s branch, after all. That’s what will most likely keep the games coming to the States, that there’s already a division dedicated solely to localization that came with the deal. If there were no U.S. branch, I’d agree, Sega would probably keep things in Japan.

#13 1 year ago
  14. dizzygear

@13 I suppose this will be a nice test case what Sega does with Atlus’s more niche games. After VC3, PSO2 and a few other games that never made it to the west my faith in Sega’s localizations is pretty much lost.

If they do bring it to NA i hope they learned from the region lock bullshit so i can at least import this time.
    Sega does have a European distribution channel but after they screwed the EU with a digital only release for Project Diva F while the US got a disk release i don’t have much faith in that either.

#14 1 year ago
  15. salarta

@12: I’m betting on basically anything Atlus had going on and planned prior to the Sega buyout going same as planned, but every new project getting completely screwed over. The only actually positive things that can be said about Sega are that 1) they had a very brief window of a couple years of not sucking, and 2) they’re not as bad as Squeenix or Capcom.

#15 1 year ago