New PS4 user interface screenshots surface online

Wednesday, 25th September 2013 09:41 GMT By Dave Owen

We’ve already seen a fair bit of PlayStation 4′s new user interface, and now there’s a chance to get a closer look with a bunch of new shots. There’s a look at PS4′s Home, What’s New, Gallery Video, Live Stream, Profile Page, Share Menu, Video Edit, and Messages screens. The pictures were posted by PlayStation Europe community manager Chris Owen.

Check out all the images below.

Thanks, Videogamer.

1. Atmey

I the old PSN looker the best, less images = faster to load, easier search features, less unwanted suggestions, no stupid scroll down to all add ones only to scroll again to find what are you looking for.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Citrus raptor

Myeah, I’m not feeling it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. _LarZen_

I am not sold on the user interface…must get my hands on it and navigate around before I can say either yay og nay.

So far I am liking more what I am seeing from the XBO user interface. But they really need to start showing us more…and it seams it’s coming soon as Albert Penello wrote on twitter just 4h ago this “I know people are anxious for a UI demo. Some cool changes are happening, and I want to do it right. Trying to pull something together soon.”

#3 1 year ago
  4. MrWaffles

Love the content, hate the color palette.
    As long as you let me swap the “blue screen of death” blue, I’m sold.

(I’ll buy it anyway, unless the Xbox one interfaces spits gold chunks through the tv)

#4 1 year ago
  5. sg1974

That all looks rather…underwhelming. I’ll leave my final judgement until after I try it of course, but nothing in the images and videos I have seen suggests to me that it promises to be particularly good or inviting.

Here’s to hoping you can choose your own background and theme colours.

Could be worse however. I’ve just had a look at iOS7. That’s fricking hilarious.

#5 1 year ago
  6. gomersoul

I’ve tried it, it is great… Trust me it looks really slick and simple, just what we need

#6 1 year ago
  7. Pytox

we trust you with all our hearts gomersoul

#7 1 year ago
  8. Lv01

i liked shuhei yoshida’s quick lil demo of it before gamescom.
    looked slick and simple then.
    and it still looked like it had a version of the XMB across the top..?
    im intrigued to get my hands on it, and am confident it will work well for me.

#8 12 months ago
  9. Eregol

I’m going to push the PS button on Dualshock 4s at Eurogamer and have a sneaky peak at the UI myself.

#9 12 months ago
  10. fearmonkey

I really like it, I love the color blue (though I am sure it will have wallpaper and you can change it) and the simple design of it. It’s like the 360 a bit but with it’s own twist.

All I want in a console OS is something simple, easy and fast to navigate around in, and shows enough detail and information to be useable. I disliked the 360 ads and it was harder to find certain things each update and it was slow.

I am one of the few that liked the original Blade interface alot, I wish they would have built on that rather than make tiles.

#10 12 months ago