Star Wars: Death Star trench run playable in Oculus Rift, footage inside

Tuesday, 24th September 2013 11:58 GMT By Dave Cook

Star Wars has been given the Oculus Rift treatment, by way of a Death Star trench run simulator. It’s got the music and dialogue from the film, as well as full head-tracking so you can look around while you whizz around the metallic corridor. This is surely every Star Wars fan’s dream, right?

Powered by Unity, footage oft he simulator was posted online by YouTuber Boone Calhoun. There’s currently no word on if it’ll ever be released to the public, but we’ll update you once we know more.

What do you think?

Via RPS & PCGamesN.

1. VibraniumSpork

Well sure, but could it simulate the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs?

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Someone needs to get this working in Rogue Squadron on Dolphin Emulator! That had a cockpit view, would be amazing!

#2 1 year ago
  3. GrimRita

I loved the original Trench run, was a total master on the Sega Star Wars Trilogy arcade but wondering if this will be any good

#3 1 year ago
  4. DarkElfa

Take my monies!

Now if they can do the speeder bike chase from Jedi and the pod race from PM…

#4 1 year ago
  5. deathm00n

I have always wondered but never asked: the oculus rift videos are in this two screen mode so people with oculus rift can watch it and have the feeling of how the game will be like?

#5 1 year ago
  6. TheWulf

I have to admit that I’m certainly not a Star Wars fan, I’m just not into the franchise (it’s so very war, war, war, and thus not my thing). Still, even taking that into account, I think this is pretty rad. I love seeing what people are doing with the Occulus Rift, and hopefully it’ll keep going from strength to strength.

But yeah, this is a fun toy for Star Wars fans, and I’m happy for them.

#6 1 year ago